KiloBravo
aldona45

Is the media trying to make the charity workers involved with the Philippines Typhoon look bad?

Started: 11/15/2013 Category: News

KiloBravo

Pro

I believe that the media at the minute is making charity workers who are working around the clock trying to get aid to the Philippines look bad by making it seem like they're not doing enough in order to get the aid needed out quickly enough. Despite there being plenty of reports and evidence that it is nearly impossible to at the moment due the debris and non existant electricity, blocking the roads and causing the lights to be off.
aldona45

Con

Well maybe it may not be a bad thing if it makes people to donate more, so this may be for a greater good despite few people getting offended if it means that people will get more fresh water, food and clothes.
KiloBravo

Pro

I see where your coming through with your point however to me, the media is therefore victimising chairty workers using them for a scapegoat in order to gain more appeal, I also don't see how this may help as people may not wish to donate if they see charity workers apparently "not doing enough", I think that would discourage them from donating rather donating more.
aldona45

Con

Media shows charity workers not doing enough in order to get on people's emotional side, making them feel sorry for people in Philippines and they want to donate more. However, I can see what you mean by saying that charity workers are shown not doing a good job and it can effect their reputation but I don't see how showing charity workers not doing enough can have any effect bad effect on people in Philippines when they actually gain something.
KiloBravo

Pro

Showing the charity workers in a bad way by making out that their not doing enough is being watched by people globally including the people of the Philippines, this can make them very angry and take very drastic actions in the very desperate times they are currently suffering over there. These actions can be even go to the extremes of raiding warehouses where they keep supplies of aid ready to be delivered. This can cause further problems for the already dire situation and maybe even cause people to be hurt, which is the least the people of Philippines need right now.
aldona45

Con

I can't argue with that