awkward_narwhal
MrMathMan

Is the root of all evil money?

awkward_narwhal has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/7/2017 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

awkward_narwhal

Con

I think money is required for a stable economy. Without some sort of currency everything would just go to hell. A friend brought this up to me and I have to disagree.
MrMathMan

Pro

I believe that money is not evil money is just used for shops
Posted by Jack-Maguire 1 year ago
Jack-Maguire
No. No-one should be ashamed of wanting to be rich or make aload of money.
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
Money can be both impartial or biased. It is made one of two ways after printing. Therefore the root of all evil in money comes from all forces which direct impartiality to biased prejudice by use of open interpenetration and not basic principle and precedent.

The Gold Standard proved itself to be biased and thus can be capably held by the impartial side of money. Not Vice-Vera.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
No humans act like humans under any circumstances..
Posted by TheMagi 1 year ago
TheMagi
I would agree with creationtruth, that it is only the love of money, not money itself. And I also believe the Bible meant more by "the love of money" than what is commonly interpreted. The love of money is essentially coveting (which I would argue is the root of all sin). I saying this because coveting is essentially wanting something more than"and in place of"God. Coveting, therefore, breaks not only the tenth commandment but also the first: "God should be FIRST in your life," and also the second which talks about idolatry (since coveting is wanting something before God and putting that thing first in your life). Basically, "the love of money" is coveting which is idolatry which is the very premise of sin.
Posted by creationtruth 1 year ago
creationtruth
No money is an inanimate object. The love of money however is a different story.