Stormlight
Mage_of_Tal

Is the universe a white hole?

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

Stormlight

Pro

PLS HELP!

From the info I have found on the web a was wondering IS the universe a white-hole. This is my reasoning, The univerce (big bang) started when something was compressed in to a infintly small point and exploded. In theory, A white hole is a black hole that has collapsed and now shoots out the matter that it has collected. (I found that on the web). Since (also from the web) the universe has a event horizon, and is always expanding at a rate too fast to comprehend. I was wondering is the universe a white hole?
Mage_of_Tal

Con

No. A white hole must come from a black hole. The infinitely condensed point was not a black hole.
Stormlight

Pro

Is it possible that before the universe there was a insanely massive black hole? And if so is it possible that the explosion destroyed the original universe?
Mage_of_Tal

Con

Allow me to go a bit off point here. I don't believe it was an infinitely condensed point. I believe it was god creating the universe. Interestingly enough, the way the Bible describes the creation of the universe fits really well with the way the universe historically formed. I can't remember all the details, but this came from a movie called The Genesis Code I think. While it is an actual theory the universe keeps re-collapsing, I don't subscribe to it. I think instead of a white hole it was the creation.
Stormlight

Pro

I don't understand what you mean by that and since you didn't deny my earlier argument and the fact that you said"... While it is an actual theory the universe keeps re-collapsing..." I will assume that it still has possibility. So therefor you haven't proven me wrong in this possibility.

Thank you for your time and arguments.
Mage_of_Tal

Con

I'm not attempting to "disprove" it. All the skeptics out there won't accept any solid answer by saying: "We can't know for sure." And they couldn't be more right. While some facts are easily deduced (1+1=2), others can have ridiculous and fantastical excuses created for them, but at some point, you have to make an educated guess and life off of it. I am not attempting to disprove something we have little knowledge about. I am offering my best counter-argument based on my beliefs. While my beliefs may be attacked, due to their controversial nature, and due to the fact this debate is about the LIKELIHOOD of the universe being a white hole, we can put those aside. For my final argument we should get down to the nitty-gritty details. First of all, a white hole is a POINT in SPACE. It's like a black hole, but just spewing matter. First of all, it's a point. The universe, according to big bang theory, was once a single point. This then exploded to make everything. First of all, while it was a point, it wasn't spewing matter. When it exploded, maybe it was for an infinitesimal moment, but that would be it. So WAS it a white hole? Maybe. IS it a white hole? No. Second, it's IN space. It can't really be IN what it has to create, which eliminates the infinitesimal moment, because once it's IN space, it's not a point.
Posted by Mage_of_Tal 1 month ago
Mage_of_Tal
I would like to apologize for not thanking YOU for your time and arguments. Anyway, thanks. (Imma give you a vote for better conduct)
Posted by Mage_of_Tal 1 month ago
Mage_of_Tal
Posted by Masterful 1 month ago
Masterful
Don't listen to the bible squad.

We shouldn't pretend to know the answer, but whatever the real answer is I am certain that it's a more beautiful answer than the answer of saying "God did it"
Posted by Masterful 1 month ago
Masterful
Oh great and now the opposition is saying 'God did it' which is the exact same as saying 'it's magic' it's funny as his profile picture is a wizard.

You want to know the truth Stormlight? No one on Earth knows what happens once the universe stops expanding, it might explode like a star does. It's a fair assumption as we know it started that way.
It may take a similar approach to that of a dying star and I think we could use the life-cycle of a star as an analogy for what will happen to the universe.

Small stars, like the Sun, will undergo a relatively peaceful and beautiful death that sees them pass through a 'planetary nebula phase' to become a white dwarf, this eventually cools down over time leaving a brown dwarf.
Massive stars, on the other hand, will experience a very energetic and violent end, which will see their remains scattered about the cosmos in a enormous explosion, called a supernova. Once the dust clears, the only thing remaining will be a very dense star known as a neutron star, these can often be rapidly spinning and are known as pulsars. If the star which explodes is especially large, it can even form a black hole.

If the same process could be applied to something on a universal scale, such as the universe itself, then the explosion that normally has the power to form black holes may form something even greater, such as a white hole.

I therefore think your idea has some merit. Obviously my speculation is pure conjecture. If you have anymore questions about the cosmos don't hesitate to ask.
Posted by Masterful 1 month ago
Masterful
OKAY! You started by spelling universe with a 'C' you then used the term 'Infinitely small' which is the same as not existing....

We started off weak but let's see how this is going to progress.