Monopolyman234
MasterLucario

Is the us a empire in terms of military and influence? If so should we give it up

MasterLucario

Monopolyman234

Con

I argue that were not a empire cause we don't own any outside territory except pureto Rico and we also don't have a emperor
MasterLucario

Pro

I accept your challenge.
Monopolyman234

Con

If you're going to say bases are our empire I say that the host country can close them anytime
MasterLucario

Pro

True the host country can do that. First of all technically, you don't need a emperor for an empire. Second really every nation is an empire in its own way. In world War I(the great war) Germany was considered the German empire even though they didn't go around conquering, until Hitler at least. Same with Austria-Hungary in World war I. We not only own Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, and American Samoa. So we own a few more islands than Puerto Rico. People in many other countries wish they were like America and are adopting styles and customs. Plus we are involved with trying to stop terrorists and quite a bit in Africa and the middle east.
Monopolyman234

Con

Ok so if the U.S. is a empire how do we compare to others like rome answer we don't the Romans conquerd and held outside territory whether direct of pupets the United stated isn't a empire in that sense so I say sense we don't have one we don't have anything to give up
MasterLucario

Pro

1. You may have missed a few punctuation marks and capitalization making it difficult to comprehend.
2.You have failed to refute my claims of how other nations are influenced by us.
3.You have failed to refute about how every country is an empire except trying to compare the Romans.

The Romans weren't always conquering, they were defending from foreign threats. After a war the losing country surrenders or there is a stalemate, where no one wins. If someone surrenders they have to give into the terms of surrender, where in world war 1 Germany gave up territory to France, Poland, and Belgium after losing, Russia lost territory which became new nations, parts of Poland and Romania. So territory was lost by countries and gained by others. Kind of like conquering. If there was a war between America and Mexico and we won, there most likely would either be new states or New Mexico and Texas would be bigger if we won.
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Monopolyman234MasterLucarioTied
Reasons for voting decision: I know it may seem that I am vote-bombing, but my reasons are given above.