Is the world "Losing" Religion?

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

The world is becoming increasingly more agnostic, and atheist, especially in the younger ages. Does this mean the world is "Losing" religion, and will become a world without Faith?

The world is not losing religion at all, the world is only gaining it. According to, only %11.8 of the world's population are atheist/non-religious where else the rest of the world are.

Sure you can say that it's only 11.8% of the world's population, but it is growing substantially!

With much less dedicated members also attending to regular sessions, and a loss of leaders in France for priests.

Rebuttal: France may be losing priest, but the rest of the world is not! The rest of the world has religions that are growing by almost %76. Also, Christianity is not a primary source to see whether religion is being lost or not. There are other religions too!

Religion is a form of culture and is bound not to be lost. Wherever there is the culture there is almost certainly religion with it. (With a few exclusions.) This is what binds most nations to be what they are.

Now my opponent has contradicted himself in his own sources!
As you can see in this source That the Regional total has dropped by 46,220,000, and yet the unafiliated population is growing!!!!!!
I didn't expect my opponent to support me in this debate, but i'll take it!
Now using Christianity as an example is resonable seeing that at the moment is the biggest religion in the world, and really the whole muslim growth is just a sudden spike in population, and it would have to contunie at that pause for the next 35 years which i doubt will happen. Not saying that there is anything wrong with it if it does just seems unlikely to me. And as with that many of the smaller religions in the chart are growing very slightly. As with the larger religions are losing a lot.

Now most nations are trying to take(If not already) religion out of government, so how does it "bind most nations"?

Rebuttal: Unaffiliated does not necessarily mean that someone does not have a religon!Therfor this means that my opponent has lacked source analysis, in the source that I stated there it clearly has this chart below it!

Which means that religon is growing over time! Also according to this

Religon is clearly not growing! I coclude with all I have presented above, and I thank everyone that is reading this debate. VOTE CON!
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
like rocks lose their life
Posted by ThePostMarxist 1 month ago
Hopefully it is. Religion is the most damaging force in the world, it poisons everything
Posted by Emmarie 1 month ago
The world is losing religion, but faith is still possible independent of organized religion.