vaporizeislands
lbj123

Is their a considerable difference between Stalin and Hitler?

vaporizeislands

Pro

1. The first round is for acceptance.
2. A forfeit or concession is not allowed.
3. Debate resolution, definitions, rules, and structure cannot be changed without asking in the comments before you post your round 1 argument.

Debate resolution, definitions, rules, and structure cannot be changed in the middle of the debate.
Debate Structure

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Presenting all arguments (no rebuttals by con)
Round 3: Refutation of opponent's arguments (no new arguments)
Round 4: Defending your original arguments and conclusion (no new arguments)

I will argue that Stalin was intensely different to Hitler.

lbj123

Con

Ah, yes, the two evils of the world: Hitler and Stalin. Both of these men lived horrific childhoods, and they grew up to be some of the world's most infamous men known in history. Both of them killed an immense amount of people. However, there was one thing that was special with Hitler that made him " more" evil than Stalin.

Adolf Hitler rose to power in 1933. During his reign, he had a certain bias against one type of people: the Jews. As soon as he was declared chancellor of Germany, a movement was taking place, called the Holocaust. During this time, Jews were to be exiled from Germany, and if any nazis found out where one lived, they would be sent to Concentration Camps.

Similar to slave labor, these people worked endless hours with no salary and very little food. People in concentration camps were usually this skinny: http://www.trumanlibrary.org...

This torture lasted for twelve years, and there were a total of 6 million casualties (not counting Hitler's total casualties that include those from warfare), and 4.5 million of them were children

While Joseph Stalin had killed plenty more people with his army, he had not created any kind of effect that we significantly know of today. Yes, Stalin might have betrayed Vladimir Lenin and his ideas for communism, but Hitler and the nazis, for the first time in 400 years, the conflict that every nation must be uni-religious.

Thank you for your time.
vaporizeislands

Pro

You was supposed to just accept!
lbj123

Con

Me! Accepting your opinion that Stalin is worse than Hitler? Never in a million years. Now say something, though my apologies for not following the rules.
vaporizeislands

Pro

vaporizeislands forfeited this round.
lbj123

Con

Alright, I think that means automatic victory for me
vaporizeislands

Pro

vaporizeislands forfeited this round.
lbj123

Con

Nice argument you have there
vaporizeislands

Pro

vaporizeislands forfeited this round.
lbj123

Con

hlkjhkjhggtuogvzsdsegygfhhgfe4878uytygxfd6e56987984e
Posted by zestog3 3 years ago
zestog3
Both are mass murderers. Both are big government leaders. No difference in substance.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
@Input Yeah, this rez is too ambiguous. Of course there are differences between Stalin and Hitler (idealogy, methodology, etc.). I believe that what Pro is arguing is that Stalin was not a tyrant in the sense that Hitler was, but I don't want to risk accepting in case I'm wrong.
Posted by TheLastMan 3 years ago
TheLastMan
Define Stalin.
Posted by Ikkemb 3 years ago
Ikkemb
Definitely, Stalin was way worse, the worst ever. He makes Hitler look like a little pink bunny scared of everything.
Posted by Input 3 years ago
Input
With all respect, I might accept but I agree that there are screamingly intense differences between Stalin & Hitler.
One is comparing Communism/Socialism to National Socialism, two different ideas/philosophies and therefore the leaders are intensely different.
In all politeness, I believe your statement is too vague.
Cheers, from your Intensely Different Debater! :)
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
DDO or real Stalin lol.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
Yes. Stalin murdered more people.
Posted by themohawkninja 3 years ago
themohawkninja
The only way someone could debate against you is if they know enough historical knowledge, but if they know enough historical knowledge to debate you, they know that they can't win!
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
I agree with you. Stalin's mustache is significantly bigger than Hitler's.
Posted by NightofTheLivingCats 3 years ago
NightofTheLivingCats
lol