Ayden_Linden
LDP318

Is there Evidence that a God or Gods Exist?

Ayden_Linden

Con

Firstly, I would like to take this round to clearly state my position on this debate (as should Pro)

I believe that there is no evidence that is veritably true that a God or Gods exist, any Theist of any Religion can argue against me, I am open to anyone debating me.

Good Luck to you!
LDP318

Pro

To say that god isn't real because you hate him or don't believe in him doesn't mean that there isn't any evidence.

Though god may not be real (I am an atheist too)

Doesn't mean that there isn't any evidence saying God is real

Otherwise any argument over if god is real would be boring and would end fast.

Check.
Ayden_Linden

Con

Firstly, I would like to make it clear that I have not made the point that i 'Hate' God or 'hate' Gods, Why should I waste my time hating an entity that, in my opinion, does not exist. Therefore, your argument does not carry any weight in this context, as I am not of hating something that does not exist, I am a strong believer in the Scientific Method, as that method has led us down a road of much more knowledge and understanding of the world and universe around us. And the key ideal within the Scientific Method is that an ideal must have evidence behind it to prove its existence, If it cannot be proven, therefore why should we be led to believe it exists? If either You or anyone else in the comments has any convincing evidence to suggest that God(s) exists, than I would be more than happy to convert to the religion that supports a strong case of evidence to prove that God(s) existence, If you don't care about me being converted, than take into this the fact that 107 people have viewed this so far, some of them most likely Atheists, and we as people of Science will submit to whatever ideals that hold the largest amount of evidence behind them.
LDP318

Pro

Let me say this again. I am not religious...

The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.

These are one of the reasons why god may exist

It's evidence

that doesn't mean that God is real but that up there is clearly evidence!

Sources: http://www.everystudent.com...
Ayden_Linden

Con

While the argument you have made would be extremely compelling, and in my earlier studies of theology, this was also brought up to me, and nearly converted me to being a Theist, However, the perfection we live in is a string of circumstances that is possible, but extremely unlikely, But, lets put it into context

Lets say, hypothetically, that the chances of all of this happening are one in ten trillion, absolutely minuscule odds, that would be a %0.000,000,000,000,000,01 chance of occurring, about as close to near zero as possible in the human imagination, however, because there are 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (One Hundred Billion) Galaxies i the visible universe, with an average of 1,000,000,000 (One Billion) stars in each galaxy, then that would be a grand total of one billion trillion, or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the visible universe, which means that there are, even with those unlikely minuscule odds, good reason to believe that nearly these exact same circumstance have happened in 100 other places across the universe, thus making this place extremely special, but not the one and only place for these situations to be replicated, thus making the existence of God unnecessary to explain these conditions, we just happen to be living on an extremely rare gem of a place, but not the one and only place like this.
LDP318

Pro

I would like to post something I found in the comments because it's what I have been trying to explain to you since round zero:

There is a huge difference between "proof" and "evidence". Incontrovertible evidence is not evidence at all... it is a proof. Evidence is an indication of what the truth may be, and it exists on both sides of any issue. In a trial evidence is presented by both sides, and the verdict is based on what the jury finds has more truth. There is evidence for the existence of God, there is evidence against the existence of God. Scientific evidence for God certainly does exist and yes, that evidence is verified by other scientists. However unlike a trial there is no "jury" and no verdict. It is up to the individual to decide what is sufficient for him/her to accept or reject the belief in God. Likewise, what is evidence for one may not be evidence for another. Many people believe because of logic, many people believe because of science, but also many people believe because of the personal events of their lives. It is not important to them that someone else accepts their personal experience as evidence of God, but nor should personal experience be denied. The experience is sufficient for the individual to believe.

Evidence can and does exist in many different fields. In science even Stephen Hawking has said that "the universe appears to have been finely tuned to allow for life". It has been mentioned about the incredible impossible odds for a planet to support life. In psychology it has been found that rather being born with a moral blank slate babies are in fact born with an intact moral system. A 3 year study conducted in more than 20 nations by researchers from Oxford University found that humans are predisposed to believe in God and in an afterlife. In mathematics as reported in the Icarus journal it has been found that terrestrial DNA contains a code or signal that could ONLY have been the result of a super-intelligence.

There are many, many more bits of evidence of God in numerous many different categories.

Source: Willey from Comment Section.
Ayden_Linden

Con

Ayden_Linden forfeited this round.
LDP318

Pro

LDP318 forfeited this round.
Posted by LDP318 1 year ago
LDP318
@WileyC1949
I totally agree with you.

This is why I defended in this debate.

Though I do not believe in God myself I do believe there is still evidence for him to be real...

If the topic was if there was more evidence then I wouldn't of accepted this challenge.

Cheers!
Posted by WileyC1949 1 year ago
WileyC1949

Posted by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
Zac, how would you prove it?

So far, we have zero evidence unless you count personal testimony. That, however, is not only terrible evidence because it is easy to make it up, but there are claims of personal experience from every religion. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.

All the arguments that have ever been put forward for a god have been shown to be unsound, so I will go out on a limb and say that there will never be a sound argument put forward for a god because none exist.
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
It can be proven, but it won't prove it to everyone, if you will. There will always be people who say that their is no 'great man in the sky'. Most religions or religious ideals can be proven to their own respects, but never 100%. This is where, in Christianity, a 'spiritual faith' or 'spiritual relationship', people claim to have them, but it's still a debateable topic.

There's always evidence there is a God, but there's always evidence that their isn't.
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden
Whoops, didn't mean to spam that, sorry, it was an accident (:-(
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden
For absolute clarity, I will state it like this;

Does a God or Gods exist? If so, can it be verified using Scientific evidence?
Are their instances of evidence being found for the existence of a God or Gods, if so, how credible is the source?
Are there any forms of evidence other than that of Science that can verify that a God or Gods exist?
(And sorry if i got the title wrong.)
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden

(And sorry if i got the title wrong.)
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden

(And sorry if i got the title wrong.)
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden

(And sorry if i got the title wrong.)
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden

(And sorry if i got the title wrong.)
Vote Placed by annakimma 1 year ago
annakimma
Ayden_LindenLDP318Tied
Reasons for voting decision: i think that both voters had good conduct and did veyr well bth made an amazing point and it was quite hard to decide who i believed but "pro" was only slightly ahead of "con". good job both you!