AlinNYC
KingHenrikLundqvist

Is there a Central New Jersey?

AlinNYC

Pro

First off, I am not a native to New Jersey and I do not like New Jersey. I am just facinated by the heated arguments I have seen about the regions of New Jersey considering how smlal of a state it is. People in South Jersey swear that there is only a North Jersey (which just so happens to be everything north of their township (what the hell is a township anyways?). People in "Central" Jersey swear that they are not in North Jersey. And apparently there are no people in North Jersey since I have never heard anyone claim to be from North Jersey.

Just for the hell of it, I'm going to say there is a Central Jersey because it's different there than North Jersey and different from South Jersey there. For such a small state, there are certainly parts of the state that are god awful and parts that are not half bad at all.

Anyone want to argue that there is no Central Jersey?
KingHenrikLundqvist

Con

As a person that lives in the region that many call "Central Jersey" I am here to debate that I do not live in an area called "Central Jersey" but in North Jersey. I look forward to this debate!
AlinNYC

Pro

AlinNYC forfeited this round.
KingHenrikLundqvist

Con

KingHenrikLundqvist forfeited this round.
AlinNYC

Pro

I believe that there is a central New Jersey because of the distinctness of the area. Geographically, North Jersey is more mountainous whereas Central Jersey is flat and the eastern parts of the region have beaches. North Jersey is better known for their cities like Newark, Fort Lee, and Hoboken which are home to a lot of people who commute into NYC. You see far fewer New York City commuters in Central Jersey.

Central Jersey is a bit of a melting pot of NYC and Philly cultures, while being greatly influenced by New York, there are also some Philadelphia influences that make way into this part of the region unlike areas to the north which are influenced by NYC and areas to the south which are mostly influenced by Philly. For example, I can get both Philly and NY radio stations in Central Jersey.

In my opinion, this region of Central Jersey doesn't quite fit in with North Jersey and fits in even less with south Jersey so the fact that it's distinct is why it should be its own region. I'm interested in hearing the perspective of a person who actually lives in Central Jersey!
KingHenrikLundqvist

Con

Posted by KingHenrikLundqvist 3 years ago
KingHenrikLundqvist
Wow, of course he posts on the third but not on the second. I hate sleazy debaters like this.
Posted by AlinNYC 3 years ago
AlinNYC
Wikipedia is a site made by the public. There are many people who believe that there is a distinct "Central Jersey" region in the state, but there are more than a handful who do not see there is a Central Jersey. Not a troll debate, I'd just like to see where this argument goes in writing.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Wikipedia has a central new Jersey page.

Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Do you really want to debate this? Seems trollish.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09