TrevorBoivin
TooProDebates

Is there a God?

TrevorBoivin

Pro

I believe that God DOES exist. I believe this because, well, there are over 2 billion followers of Jesus and why would all of these people follow somebody who makes up stuff to look like a God? I don't believe people are that clueless. If you believe in God, then that solves the problem. God created everything! Plus, how could everything be so perfect that live could live? I guess only something perfect like God could create such a thing? Right? Why do we have such complex emotions? Happiness, Sadness, Depression, Anger, Love, Fear, Hope, etc? It had to be created didn't it? Also I think that Christians are right because Jesus the Son of God, was sent on Earth by God himself to tell us the word! Jesus rose from the dead, he defeated death and Satan himself in the love and grace and power of the Lord! So this all concludes that Jesus is the Son of God and God DOES exist and we know it too.
TooProDebates

Con

Ok, so you think there is a God out there eh? Well your logic clearly states there isn't. Just because a really old book with a very complex story doesn't prove anything! How do we know that Jesus landed onto this planet? Where is the evidence? The SCIENTIFIC evidence. And how did we know he defeated the devil himself? Where is his hellish body at? Where did this battle of the Gods take place and where can we find signs of a battle? Heck where is the proof that Jesus is even REAL? WHERE IS HIS BODY? And life is not immortal, we all end, INCLUDING JESUS. Because without no proof your'e telling me a story. Think of it like a crime scene. Suspect apparently killed someone. Well we need fingerprints and objects that could lead us to a conclusion. Have you given me any viable info that backs up the Bible's story? Nope. Did he really create everything? Including LIFE? And just because 2 billion people believe in God doesn't change anything. It doesn't prove he's real. All it proves is that the story of God sounds very real, but its not. On a different matter where is the recorded piece of paper that GOD HIMSELF TOLD US THE WORD, WHERE. I'm a very skeptical person my friend, and all you've told me is a story, not history THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Until next time my friend. DO SOME REAL STUDYING AND LOGIC BEFORE YOU POST DEBATES LIKE THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE FIGHTING A LOSING BATTLE. IT WAS WON BEFORE WE STARTED.
TrevorBoivin

Pro

You ask where his body is, the whole point is about that. He rose from the dead, and ascended into Heaven, body and all. There is proof of him, it's called the shroud of Turin. It has his prints on it from when he was crucified. And about what God told us, the entire Bible is what he told prophets to write down. So it IS the word of God. Jesus did end on the cross, but came back. The Romans, Jews and Jesus' followers knew this, thus they converted. Religion in a whole, gives us an idea of why we are all here and how we came here, Christianity is the specifics. If you or anyone states that Jesus can't exist because he never wrote anything, false. He once wrote to a King who asked for his blessings. So there is your proof that he existed, now to how I know he is God. When he was 30, he would go around casting out demons and blessing people, even bringing people back from the dead. This has all been recorded by the Jews and Christians alike. And then how do you explain how he just so happened to fulfill over 40 prophecies? He didn't just "happen" to do them, it was because he was and is the Messiah. The chances of all these prophecies combined are greater that all the planets and stars combined. And that, my friend, to me is easier to believe that something came from nothing, as the Big Bang proposes. And even if you go to evolution, and "prove" its correct. If there is a God, which I believe there is, then for all I know he could have tried to mislead us, to see if we would be drawn away from him. Atheism is ignorant, it is the belief that this ever so complicated universe came from nothing! Impossible! Please explain that to me how it makes sense.
TooProDebates

Con

TooProDebates forfeited this round.
TrevorBoivin

Pro

Have you quit?
TooProDebates

Con

Sorry for missing out, I had school and I got a geography test coming up so I needed to do some studying. Indeed the Shroud of Turin has prints but are they his prints? The Shroud has been passed on to many places and has been touched many times. The letter you spoke of, early christians created all kinds of myths to enhance their prestige. Early Christian accounts are throughly unreliable as histroical sources, by virtue of their deceptives practices. Its also impossible to bring people back from the dead. The first couple minutes of death is catastrophic. Cells perish and the configuration of our brain the synapse and neurons that make us who we are in this world decay and break apart, and there's no way to put them back to pieces. The momment you stop breathing oxygen is no longer entering your brain and soon it will die from the lack of oxygen. If you want to know how the Universe started then just go to the link. A question for you, if there is a god what makes Christianity the correct one? There are many other religions who have just as much religious proof. For all we know Christianity is a lie, and being Catholic or Muslim is the religion with a real God. http://www.livescience.com...
Posted by honest_4life 7 months ago
honest_4life
I choose not to believe in God. Whether that makes me wrong or not is solely your opinion. It's just sad to think that, according to this Christians' view, 2 billion people agree with him that our planet is perfect, that life is perfect. Our life has never been, and never will be perfect. Chaos, suffering, torment and undeserved punishment still continues throughout the world and where is you're God then, huh? Sitting atop his throne looking down upon the mortal souls o this plane. That is my belief and I have no plans to change it.
Posted by Icy_Clench 7 months ago
Icy_Clench
The debate's off to a great start with argumentum ad populum, argumentum ad ignorantum, and circulus in demonstrando.

Ironically, the argument to popularity actually works against Pro. 5 billion people would say your god does not exist, not including how many different sects of Christianity there are who would contest many of your views.
Posted by CaptainScarlet 7 months ago
CaptainScarlet
Such a lame contention. The essence of your opening argument is 2bn people can't be wrong. If that is the case whatever the 2bn people say is true, is infact true independent of reality. 1bn Hindus, 1.5bn Muslims etc etc etc can make the same argument. All Christianity can say is we have more followers, not very impressive.
Posted by starstriker1224 7 months ago
starstriker1224
In my opinion yes he does exist in us. Yes you may say that no one can prove that God exist, and your right. However, i also believe that no one can prove that he doesn't exist. So, as long as you know without a doubt that he is real, then you can always say that he exists; even if no one believes you.
Posted by GOAT_23_6 7 months ago
GOAT_23_6
I would like to debate you in this TrevorBoivin
Posted by canis 7 months ago
canis
The "real" answer is no...But what you really ask your self is.... can I accept god not to exist ?... Theist can not.
Posted by Thatguy90 7 months ago
Thatguy90
The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

"Christianity makes sense!" lol

blind slaves, you sheeple don't you even know your real shepherd