Neoman
Battosa

Is there a god?

Battosa

Neoman

Con

All sorts of religious people are welcome. But be warned! i will make you an atheist :)
Battosa

Pro

Is there a god? It is a great question. I would try to explain why i believe there is a god or gods.
I believe that God is another name for the spark of the big bang. Scientists don't know why the Big Bang occurred and why there was nothing before and something after and for me the reason is God. Although, I do not think that God is a spirit but I believe that God is something we cannot understand or feel or conceptualize.
Neoman

Con

If you dont believe god is some supernatural "spirit", as it was mentioned in almost all of the "holy" books, then this makes you an atheist anyways. you are welcome.
Battosa

Pro

Not an atheist but much more of an agnostic.

Here is the definition of atheism : a disbelief in the existence of deity or : the doctrine that there is no deity (Merriam Webster)

Here is the definition of an agnostic : a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience (dictionary reference).

To summarize, I believe that the formation of the galaxy, the world, the universe is due to fate and I call this fate : God.
So for me there is a God even if it is not a white old man with a beard but I think as a "metaphysician".
Neoman

Con

In title i meant "god" as the god defined in all sorts of religion. You cant just define "nature" or "universe" as a god. That definition contraindicates my first comment on the first round anyways. "All sorts of RELIGIOUS" people, as i wanted to battle with their definition of "god". Yours is a whole different thing. You may as well say aliens caused the big bang and they are gods etc. You cant really define what you believe in, and whatever it is, its not related with my very first comment on round 1, since its not related with any sorts of religion on the earth we live in. Now go get me a REAL religious person. ty.
Battosa

Pro

I am religious.. According to Merriam Webster religion is : the belief in a god or in a group of gods.
U just dont want to argue and its right
Neoman

Con

I always wanna argue. So tell me more about your religion. let me save you. Do you have a "holy" book that explains all like the other religions? Do you believe in ressurection? other sorts of miracles? You are confused yourself and telling me I am the one who doesnt wanna argue. Its ok I understand.
Battosa

Pro

Well a religion is personnel, if people believe that somehow there is a Force higher than man then they are religious in a way. A religion does not need a particular book, because it is a belief.

But the subject is not the religion but God. You are an atheist but in a way you believe in god even if you refuse to admit it. As I said earlier God is the nature, God is the evolution, God is the Bing bang. You can call the Bing bang as the proof of God. You can say that the fate is God, for example it is amazing to be an earth, the evolution is amazing and you can say it is god.

God is not hate or love, it is just something that we can't understand but it exists and there is proofs of IT existence everywhere, you just call these things by different things
Neoman

Con

There is proof of gods existence? where? if you are telling me god is everywhere, i checked my wallet, god is not there. I can proove for sure god is not in my wallet. I didnt see/feel anything inside my wallet. so this makes you wrong. As in the concept of god gave us life: my statement on dolly the cloned sheep persists. Humans can give life. A human being can be cloned if religious people stop crying. Everything is possible through science. Science start with our own imagination. I dont think "our own imagination" is the same as the concept of "god". If i clone you, they i will be the god of your clone, since i literally created him. But since i will not continue to exist for ever (and i dont have any supernatural powers) I cant be the god.
Battosa

Pro

It is not because you can't see or feel atoms that it doesn't exists. The concept of god creating life is much more complex that someone who felt alone and wanted to created humanity.

God is the process of evolution, from the big bang to the mankind, scientists don't know why the big bang occurred well for me the proof of the existence of god is that there were nothing and then there were something. You can call this transformation God, and you cant refute that.

I believe that you think of God in a religious way and not in an abstract way. If you would think of God as an abstraction that exists then you would see that God exists. Even if we create life, a universe, we wouldn't be gods, because the "original" God, the God of the big bang, the God of the evolution, nature is here and it is another name for the fate or the process of evolution or the Big Bang.
Posted by Neoman 2 years ago
Neoman
@ali You were scared to read my comment. You think your "allah" will punish you if you just read my comment?
Posted by Rahma-ali 2 years ago
Rahma-ali
Why does every single atheist that that the second they say something, they willget punishment?
Posted by Neoman 2 years ago
Neoman
Wow every1 who is commenting on my debate are religious people who are mad at me. I am flattered. If i can get you mad, it means I made a change already. You are questioning me in your shallow little minds: oh why is god not punishing him right now?!?! why is he still able to type these words?!?! then you find the same answer which is going on 1000s of years within the universe: 1...2...3... god works in mysterious waaaysss.... You should be thanking the people like me who saved you from worshiping the sun. Thanks to us, goverments are not ruled through ancient laws. Now the deal is a bit harder than prooving the sun is not the creator. Now they came up with an idea that "god" which cant be seen cant be felt and he/she/it will punish you in his "hell" if you dont "beave". Do you see what they did there?
Posted by Debatequeen1 2 years ago
Debatequeen1
Shoot, I voted for the wrong person! I guess I always assume that the person asking the question is pro :/. My fault. Sorry to you, Battosa
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
Its hard not to feel a tinge of absolute arrogance when you're being swarmed by an infinite sea of self-replicating space-gnomes.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
neo.... What are you talking about? God did walk the earth, and they still did not recognize him.Even though he raised the dead, healed ALL that came to him.Prospered those who were poor. Stilled the storm with his word. Even his followers said, " what manner of a man is this that the wind and the sea obey his voice."

You would be just like them. Want to see some glowing being or you will not believe. Even after Jesus rose from the dead, he appeared to 500 of his followers in his ministry. And he gave them simple instructions. " Tarry in Jerusalem till Pentecost. " You would think that all 500 would be waiting with anticipation for that day. But only 120 showed up.What ever happened to the other 380.And I would think with some accuracy, that YOU would be in the 380. So, it would do you no good if God would appear to you.If you will not believe his word, then neither will you believe with any concrete stand in that belief. Your old carnal mind would talk you out of believing that it actually was God.

So, you are stuck with the written word of God only. You should read it carefully. Jesus said, " I have not come into the world to condemn the world. Those who believe on me will have eternal life. Those who don't are condemned already." He said, "I will not judge you. But the word I have spoken will judge you in the last day."

It would behoove you to find out what the word says about you.
Posted by Neoman 2 years ago
Neoman
@ali salamalaykooom? pretty solid debate though eh? arrogance is a side effect ot the DMT I've been taking lately.
Posted by Rahma-ali 2 years ago
Rahma-ali
i hate the fact that con is being arrogant
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
Yeah the former pope was lil. He couldn't even make the basketball team Joe Pesci and Danny DeVito were on.
Posted by Neoman 2 years ago
Neoman
@might the former pope was lil?
Vote Placed by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
NeomanBattosaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was unable to refute Pro's arguments and didn't seem to understand the basic definition of agnosticism, let alone atheism.