UnhookedSchnook
justosana

Is there a god?

UnhookedSchnook

UnhookedSchnook

Con

Hello,

So the age old, common debate,"is there a god?". Currently I believe no, however if there is more, solid, supporting evident I am all ears. As we all should know there are many religions, with many different gods. So what makes one god more real than another? Religions merely provided a simple and unexplained answer to our creation. The only 'evidence' given to us are believers stories and a book from many years ago. Time and time again science has disproved such cases that were published and populations believed in (such as the earth being flat). The reason science has not yet disproved god is because the answer to our creation is most likely the hardest problem to solve. We all put our faith in science, weather it be the glasses on your face, the roof over your head or the computer you reed this on. So why bother split you faith and believe in a god? Science supplies you with all that you have, and either god or science supplies you with the platform in which you live life.
justosana

Pro

Hello,

I believe that God does exists but, I believe no one can show you God physically. To me, the only proof that he does exists is through the personal experiences people have such as miracles. I will try my best to prove that God does exists, but I'm pretty sure no one will believe me because I do not have physical evidence. I'll try my best though!

Wish my opponent the best of luck and I hope we have a peaceful debate.
UnhookedSchnook

Con

I to hope this is a peaceful debate. You say "...he does exists is through the personal experiences people have such as miracles." Despite the mistakes in this passage you say that god exists because a few people have experience improbable events. The definition of proof is "evidence or argument establishing a fact or the truth of a statement." Evidence has to have to be provided to prove something, and you cant prove something by sharing you stories. I can make up stories as well, but just because I share them does not mean that my hypothesis is correct. I do realize that you stated you know you don't have hard evidence, therefore you cant prove it, and that is correct. The reason people want hard evidence is because then it shows it is real, unlike that of your evidence. Please don't forget my arguments in round one, and good luck!
justosana

Pro

justosana forfeited this round.
Posted by UnhookedSchnook 1 year ago
UnhookedSchnook
@Feyrabend

Spot on! The worst bit is many of them feel as though they know all of the theoretical science behind these theories.
Posted by Feyerabend 1 year ago
Feyerabend
Most scientific argument is argument from authity just as in religion I f people were more honest they treat the would admit that they had no real idea what science says , they just don't understand the mathematics behind theories such as the big bang. Surely non-one can describe a singularity in ordinary language.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
@MSwashbukksen and even if it were true how could you conclude that it was indeed supernatural and caused by divine intervention and not some other supernatural source.
Posted by MSwashbukksen 1 year ago
MSwashbukksen
@justosana We cannot assume that every 'unnatural' circumstance that occurs is real. If you had a dream about an alien invasion, how would it happen in real life? If you had a dream or an unlikely and seemingly impossible confrontation by the Messiah, it would most likely not be true because dreams and hallucinations or anything to do with those two are figments of the imagination, things that our brain conjures up as a response to stimuli.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
@UnhookedSchnook The problem is that not everyone values empirical evidence as a main epistemological criteria for defining truth. And for those people intuition and personal experience/feeling beats scientific method any time of day. Such is the world we live in. Unfortunately.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
@ uahshdyy Its not provability that you should concern yourself with, but probability.

"You can't prove God does exist and You can't prove God doesn't exist "

True but that still does not make it 50% / 50%.
Posted by uahshdyy 1 year ago
uahshdyy
I strictly consider the concept of God, Religion, Religious Events, Afterlife and The Main Cores of Religion FICTIONAL.

I go with this view; You can't prove God does exist and You can't prove God doesn't exist
Vote Placed by ax123man 1 year ago
ax123man
UnhookedSchnookjustosanaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro only supplied a brief introduction to his arguments and then forfeited round 2, so both arguments and conduct to Con.