Dhananjay_srivastava
Anunaki

Is there a possibility that God exists

Dhananjay_srivastava

Dhananjay_srivastava

Pro

Out of the infinite permutations in the universe is there a possibility that God may exist??
In the first round you may try to disprove the significance of god . you may give your claim for nonexistence for such an entity by stating examples from culture, scientific claims, irrational acts committed by persons following religion,etc in the second round I shall try my best to provide an unusual, interesting and new approach on theism and try my best to defend theism. In round three you may give your conclusive statement and me mine
Anunaki

Con

what a fun topic im actually looking forward to what you have to say. sorry about the delay the site went down last night.

first, which is probably stupid for me to admit in this debate, is until we have credible tangible evidence, anything can possibly exist in theory. i need to know which god you are referring to , so i can state any examples i might have or find on that particular god in question. if youre question was intended to say "is there a possibility A god exists" , any super natural being in the universe, then i will forfeit because of my opening line. its pretty difficult to disprove the significance of god being that it is an emotion and/or might be a psychological condition making the person not open to rational thinking. people hold significance to alot of ridiculous things for no logical reason. i will stick to trying to disprove the existence of god better then you can prove the existence of god. again,i need to know which god you are referring to. either way its completely plausible to say man made up god to explain things that mankind couldnt understand at the time.
Dhananjay_srivastava

Pro

First off thanks for accepting this challenge
I would first of all like to make it clear about my perception of god. There are a number of reasons why people are confused with the concept of god.
1) no logical or realistic explanation of god made possible till date
2)the concept of god thrives on faith and no logical proof or explanation
BUT I do believe that at least in theory god can exist,

Think of a ball lying midway on a wedge on a mountain suppose you push the ball. the ball slides downwards.
explanation:- existence of higher potential energy upwards and lower potential energy downwards.
So my question is how is the ball aware of such energy regions and how does it decipher what is best for it.
lets say it has an awareness or consciousness which is very physical and basic like the concept of mass or time.
The word consciousness is referred to as soul in many works but lets just call it consciousness.
Now according to the hundredth monkey effect consciousness can interact. so the sum of consciousness of all the universe taken together can be said as god.
This theorem perfectly explains god's supreme intelligence and omnipresence. we as a individual are limited by our own thinking resources but being the consciousness of the whole universe god can obviously control so he is omnipotent also
Now how to explain omnibenevolence. There are evil people inhabiting this earth, now considering the fact that they too have a consciousness or are a part of god we may easily consider that god loves us (because we make him) no matter what

So finally we come to the point that man didn't make up god but man and all his environment are god thyself.
Another question would be if we are god why aren't we perfect,why can't we perform miracles. the answer is that we are limited by our own material body's capacity but if I ask you what is the speed limit for awareness then the restrictions end.

after death or destruction of the material body ,the body is said to become unconscious or the consciousness (the soul) has left the body.

So the question is what are we doing here how did it all start?
Well god created the material world a tiny speck of matter and energy which exploded to form planets and galaxies or the big bang took place which has been described in the Vedas created thousands of years ago. it was duly read by the famous scientists Einstein, Newton, Nicola Tesla,etc.

Coming back to miracles the interaction methods of the consciousness which are being rediscovered by monkeys in the hundredth monkey effect are lost by human beings apparently due to the argument of logic which was incomplete.

http://exopermaculture.com...

There are many places where science fails in providing a solution such as the Heisenberg uncertainty principle or a concrete definition of SI units. So science isn't everything it is up to a certain extent and in the end comes up to the fact that everything is god.
In the end you may call him Krishna,Allah or Christ or some other xyz . It does not matter really the only thing that matters is that you should love god
Anunaki

Con

"So my question is how is the ball aware of such energy regions and how does it decipher what is best for it.
lets say it has an awareness or consciousness which is very physical and basic like the concept of mass or time."

inanimate objects are not aware of anything. hypothesizing that can and will will make this debate impossible as i will quote everything from dragons , fairies and the church of the flying spaghetti monster against theoretical or hypothetical situations. i do see what where youre doing though and i think its pretty interesting.

"This theorem perfectly explains god's supreme intelligence and omnipresence"

if this is true then we cant have free will. it either debunks his supreme intelligence , omnipotence and/or omnipresence. if he loses one of those, then he cant be god. it impossible for god to not know. therefore he knows all and created all he must of created us to make every decision we make and know of it.

"There are many places where science fails in providing a solution"

there are also many and much more places god fails at providing a solution. faith is not a answer

"There are evil people inhabiting this earth, now considering the fact that they too have a consciousness or are a part of god we may easily consider that god loves us"

does he show that love to an innocent child when they are brutally raped and murdered? he knows all , he created all so he must of brought that gift of "love" to that innocent child. if he created the person who is evil, he must of wanted them to do evil. again he is required to have supreme intelligence , omnipotence and omnipresence to be god.

"In the end you may call him Krishna,Allah or Christ or some other xyz . It does not matter really the only thing that matters is that you should love god"

why would anyone accept to love a god who allows innocent children to suffer with rape ,disease and horrible deaths? it makes no sense to love anything that mistreats and allows so much horrible harm to come to people, when in fact he has the power to stop it. the good chirstian mother who was blessed with the painful, horrible death of cancer. there is no love in that

the theory of god existing was because ancient humans had no idea why things happened so they attributed it to a "higher power" god. they made rituals based on superstitions ,that their actions would somehow effect their environment. ex: the rain dance. most early regions had holidays around different seasons . this was because they thought they had to please a god for the seasons to take place. not knowing it was just the cyclic nature of things. later religions capitalized on the belief in a god to have men in power and keep men in power. using fear of something you cant fight back men have controlled people. yes, so men would be in control of everything. every religion the women is lower then man. they expanded on this belief in a god to make a profit of land, goods ,money or slaves. priests(men) were considered higher then kings(men). therefore a loving all knowing god doesn't exist but was created by man , to serve mans best selfish interest.
Dhananjay_srivastava

Pro

Inanimate objects are not aware of anything. hypothesizing that can and will will make this debate impossible as I will quote everything from dragons , fairies and the church of the flying spaghetti monster against theoretical or hypothetical situations. I do see what where you're doing though and I think its pretty interesting".

Newton didn't have to ask why the apple fell down it was perfectly good and alright then, but it all started with a why, a curiosity to understand the basis of nature. I have based my argument on logic and further statements are also logical nonsensical yet logical.So yes there exists the fact that either of us or any normal person hasn't seen a dragon,fairy or the flying sphagetti monster. BUT there exists a mathematical permutation ,a possibility to create them.It will take thousands of years of evolution to reach there but it is possible. if you would've talked to any person in the stone age about a stone that could change color they would laugh at you. But we know it is possible ( The tablet PC has been invented)

In earlier days kings and nowadays the government have always kept tab of people's actions to maintain law and order. That does not mean you have restrictions on what to wear,eat,etc. The implication that knowledge of one's action and taking action when an incorrect decision is taken is wrong. It is the basis of law and order.

being a part of god yourself you are failing to provide a solution asked to you by yourself. And what is the solution that you want ,that why children are raped,murdered why people suffer from disease,etc. I give this question to the human community I ask why are people making wrong use of their free will (either the decision to rape or to consume goods harmful to health).That is the question why we make misuse of our free will. Why does the community litter so that diseases spread.

does he show that love to an innocent child when they are brutally raped and murdered?

The answer is that The free will being god thyself is being misused god does not create a good or bad person it is our decision to be good or bad we have free will to decide what's good and what's bad.

it makes no sense to love anything that mistreats and allows so much horrible harm to come to people, when in fact he has the power to stop it

Good and bad forces have existed since the dawn of universe. Old plants are cut off ripped from the roots and destroyed to pieces to make way for new ones. The precarious balance between good and bad (yin yang) has existed always however harsh it may seem or feel but its the truth. these are said by Stephen hawking. He spoke in physics sense this is being physically interpreted to an emotional form.In the end it is neutral the good and the bad equalize.

the theory of god existing was because ancient humans had no idea why things happened so they attributed it to a "higher power" god. they made rituals based on superstitions ,that their actions would somehow effect their environment.

I have been careful to include logic in my arguments and haven't mentioned leaps of faith or rigorous rituals they are different topics. I would like to remain neutral on topics that I can't provide a logical explanation to, they may be true or may be not They are a possibility that I would like to study further on and then only include them in any further debates.
religion is a debatable topic mostly because it is based on faith but I am not interested in different religions a thousand million gods and rituals or such. they may have significance in everyday life but if I can't find it's logic let it be there, like I said I remain neutral no offense no defense.I really do not care on people capitalizing on god, I am Indian I support anything that supports employment. God is not just about emotion. Emotions as far as I know are the physical effects of consciousness on one's everyday life. It is about you,me and all of this world from the tip of the pen to the tip of the mountain,this whole universe.

Quantum physicists agree that before the big bang there was thought.From where did you think the idea of taking thought to a physical quantity popped in my head just like that,No it is all very physical and real.Today's society runs not on emotion or intuition but on logic(or proof),whichever you like. So in the end I conclude that God is not some super natural being who loves the good ones and punishes bad ones that's the characteristic of god,but he is rather the whole universe itself.

Note Science and religion have to go hand in hand for the world to succeed and this logic seems to be the confluence point.
it may seem irrational but if you study deeply you will find it logical. after all I am only talking about some weird consciousness thing that has been around for millennial and has such immense significance logically,unrealistic no doubt
but logical.
Thanks for a great debate.
Anunaki

Con

Anunaki forfeited this round.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
I think I covered this in one of my debates. There is something I like to call the 1%-99% rule. Which states that nothing can ever be 100% true or 0% true. As in nothing can be disproven an anything is possible.
I won't go into detail but basically, it has to do with our sensory limitations and definition of possibility.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Dhananjay_srivastavaAnunakiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff a round, so conduct to pro. Con never capitalized, so s &g to pro. Con conceded God could exist in round one,so arguments to pro. Only pro had a source