ProgressiveProlifer
Momo12345

Is there a "rapture"?

ProgressiveProlifer has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

ProgressiveProlifer

Con

The alleged Rapture is when Jesus appears in the sky and beams up. I will let pro go first.
Momo12345

Pro

Let me start off saying the rapture is not when "Jesus appears in the sky and "beams up"" The rapture is the catholic term for the end of the world. The time they believe god will take up those who have been righteous and give a final chance to those who have not.
Whether or not you believe in god, no one can deny that this is indeed happening. A "final" judgement per say. The world is getting increasingly bad with many figures popping up that could be the "Antichrist", who is also said to appear during the rapture.
I will begin my argument by first formatting it. I have one observation, or overall structure for this debate. And then two contentions.
My Observation is, let us keep this debate purely philosophical. Let's not bring in our personal beliefs on religion or christ. This debate should be completely about the rapture, whether or not it is real.
My first contention is that of Current events.
I"ll start by talking about the LDS church"s view on the rapture, or as they call it, the second coming.
They"re holy book, the doctrine and covenants, talks about how there will be many storms, "plagues", and most interestingly the world will march on egypt, 2 missionaries of christ will be killed in the streets of jerusalem and they"re bodies will be paraded around for 2 days until they rise and god comes down.
As we can see, the first two are currently happening.
weather/terror-
https://www.hearthymn.com...
https://www.hearthymn.com...
https://www.hearthymn.com...
Plague-
https://www.thedailybeast.com...
http://www.infectioncontroltoday.com...

I feel like I do not need to argue further on those first two, the last, I know is very fishy and Until it happens, no one will believe. So instead I will focus on the Antichrist.
A beast - I saw a beast rising out of the sea (13:1): Revelation pictures the antichrist as a beast 32 times. The image points to the brutal, bloody, uncontrolled, and wild character of this diabolical dictator. It also contrasts the antichrist from Christ, who is most commonly called the Lamb. The Lamb saves sinners, but the beast persecutes and executes the saints. The Lamb is gentle, whereas the beast is ferocious. The Lamb is loving, but the beast is heartless and cruel.
This was an exerpt from the bible explaining a passage in which it mentions a beast rising out of the sea. AKA the antichrist. The antichrist will be a person who makes many people follow him and go against the teachings of god. It is not exactly someone who claims to be god, but just someone who has such an effect that they pull many people from him.
I am not saying that the antichrist has come, and even if I was I am not making any assumptions on who but we can definitely find someone who fits that description.
https://www.biblestudytools.com...

My second contention is that of belief.
"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18.

This bible verse talks about the rapture and then states that the idea of this should comfort you. My purpose in showing this is that even if the rapture will not happen, or will not happen soon, those who believe it are comforted by it.
This comfort allows them not to worry about things going on in their lives because they believe that if they live righteous that they will be saved.
So by proclaiming that the rapture is false, that takes away their comfort. And what justice is there in that? There is none. Let us allow those who believe, to believe.

In conclusion, some of the things prophesied in the bible about the rapture and currently occurring. We can see hints of this in our everyday life. Also, belief is almost never a bad thing, so let us allow those who believe in the rapture to live their lives in that belief. Thank you.
Posted by Momo12345 2 weeks ago
Momo12345
really. forfeit?
Posted by Lacrutos 2 weeks ago
Lacrutos
The Antichrist was and is still coming (Past and Present):

1 John 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

what is the Antichrist?

1 John 4:3
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

no the Antichrist that is in Revelation as is stated in these two verses is:
"...even now already is it in the world."
"...whereby we know that it is the last time."
Posted by WOLF.J 2 weeks ago
WOLF.J
Anti-Christ makes his cameo first g