Is there a such thing as good and bad people?

There is not a such thing as good and bad people. Our world isn't spilt into good and bad. How do you even determine if someone is good or bad? "What defines bad?". What is bad to you may be good to me. A man who steals food to feed the starving, is that a bad person?

Everyones actions has a good side to them and a bad side to them. There is always a reason someone does something bad. Who hasn't felt sorry for the villain, understanding why he does the things he does and even agree with him? Deep inside we all are good but sometimes we let life circumstances control us, thus, making mistakes that others dislike. When a person with psychiatric disability makes a mistake they aren't really considered bad. It's not their fault; they couldn't help it.

I accept your challenge to this debate. Im assuming this is just acceptence but my stance on this is that there is such thing as being a bad or a good person. Mainly because of the definitions of the two words and the people that can be titled them.
Good Luck!

I think all humans have the capability to be either “good” or “bad." Everyone has lied some point in their life- is that good or bad? What if an all A student's parents ask if they completed their homework and they lie and say no. Is that person considered good or bad? Or say if someone who has murdered 5 people out of hatred; bumps into someone and says their sorry. Are they considered bad or good? There is not a straight line between good and bad. A good person always does what's right but there is no one who always does what's right. A bad person always does what's wrong but no one who always sins.

WyattEarp19 forfeited this round.

It's really hard to dabate when you forfeit and provide littel information but since this is the kast around I willl still try to debate.
We can usually tell right from wrong but in the end we sometimes choose wrong to benfit ourselves. Sometimse we choose right. Everyone has made bad and good decisions so how do you define who is right and who is wrong?

Good and bad are relative value judgments. In other words, what you think is good is not the same as what someone else does. In an absolute sense, everyone and everything is both good and bad, and also neither. Confusing, I know; such is the realm of morality.

Dwyane Wade once quoted- I understand that I'm not perfect. I made mistakes and I had a hand in everything that's happened to me, good and bad.

WyattEarp19 forfeited this round.
Posted by Juan_Pablo 2 years ago
I'm not going to vote on this debate, but I understand where this question is coming from. However, society does assign what is good and bad through its laws. Those that break our laws have committed acts that are considered criminally destructive or disruptive to the working order of society; generally we penalize people who break our civic rules. Of course these people aren't necessarily bad, but their actions are unlawful, which warrants punishment.

The area of criminal prosecution and public justice has converted this timeless issue of morality into a workable problem with utilitarian solutions.
Posted by WyattEarp19 2 years ago
Sorry Con I have been busy with family school sports etc. I promise to post my argument the next round.
Posted by TetsuRiken 2 years ago
Actually Deadpool in general. He's more than a game character.
Posted by WyattEarp19 2 years ago
The video game character? lol
Posted by TetsuRiken 2 years ago
Some people are both like Deadpool he is both good and bad and before I'm asked why Deadpool it's because I don't know anyone who is both.
Posted by Gohan12345 2 years ago
Hey ranger SpongeBob is not awesome
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
If you want to debate this again, during the weekend I could accept.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit