Hopefultroubler
Angie1

Is there any Co-relation between education and success

Angie1

Hopefultroubler

Pro

I think that education is important to be successful in life,and by education i dont mean only formal education
Angie1

Con

Although I totally agree that education is highly important for success, I have to say that there are ALOT of people who are educated but aren't successful and there people who have had limited education who are highly successful. You can be successful in anything. There is no definition for this. I argue that success really starts in the mind meaning if one has the desire to be successful and have what it takes to do the work, one does not have to be educated. For instance. If I had good people skills, without education, I could take on a sales job and be trained on the job for this. Some of the most successful people are the ones with people skills. Actors have been found just by their good looks, they had no education in acting. One such person I know of is Charlise Theron for example. People who have worked their way up the ladder or who have become entrepreneurs sometimes have just had basic education. I can also say that many a Lawyer for instance even with education may not be successful by what we would define it to be. Some corrupt. Some heads of state, well educated but also corrupt. That isn't success.

Although education helps and is important, I am not downplaying that; just saying that to be successful starts in the way we think and feel about ourselves and our future. It can be obtained without education.
Hopefultroubler

Pro

Hopefultroubler forfeited this round.
Angie1

Con

Since Pro has forfeited his round, it makes if very difficult to continue this debate so my previous argument stands.
Hopefultroubler

Pro

Hopefultroubler forfeited this round.
Angie1

Con

It's really a pity that people post debates and then abandon them. My previous argument remains the same.
Hopefultroubler

Pro

Hopefultroubler forfeited this round.
Angie1

Con

Crazy! Hope people vote on above arguments at least!
Hopefultroubler

Pro

Hopefultroubler forfeited this round.
Angie1

Con

see above
Posted by ILikeBananaPie 3 years ago
ILikeBananaPie
How would you even define success? Is success how rich you become? How popular/known you become? Is success how happy you become? Or is success just your ability to reach a plateau achievement you yourself set for yourself?
If it is just success you want to debate around, this would debate would have no conclusion do to each persons own view of things.
If it is a way of success you imagine, you should explain that first in this challenge.

If you are able to answer this I might be your contender. :)
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
HopefultroublerAngie1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con convinced me that success can be achieved, without education. Conduct to Con for Pro's multiple rounds of forfeits.