PrincessNene
Canadian-In-Florida

Is there anything wrong with interracial marriage's or relationship's?

Started: 1/5/2013 Category: Economics

PrincessNene

Pro

As I say there is nothing wrong with interracial marriage's or relationships because everyone is human no matter what the color of the skin,eyes,hair and of the shape:Fat,skinny or whatever else someone can be so fall in love with who ever you want and not worry about what others think because it is your feelings not their's
Canadian-In-Florida

Con

At the risk of coming off as completely racist and being shunned by many, I will accept this debate solely for the challenge. I want to initially assure everyone that I am NOT racist, regardlessof how my arguments may sound in this debate. I am attempting this challenge but I recognize that it will be difficult to prove this point.

My opponent claims that due to us all being human there is nothing wrong with interracial relationships and marriage. I will disprove this claim through fact and science.

My argument will be upon the basis that there are numerous adverse effects resultant from interracial relationships that can hinder the functioning of a family and thus negatively affect the two involved as well as the society as a whole.

I look forward to my opponent's first argument.
PrincessNene

Pro

Well I hardly see any bad effects with interracial marriage's and relationships because if two people of opposite race decide to have a child together it could turn out to be very beautiful and could get anywhere in life as if he/she was any one race person.
Canadian-In-Florida

Con

Well, while I admire the idealism that my opponent shows in her statements, I hardly see any factual data supporting her claims. Now, being as this will be my opening argument, I will save my rebuttals for my next round. However, I would like to state that, the potential physical appearance of a child and its potential success in life does not constitute any basis for a relationship to take place for two major reasons:
1. Physical beauty is a subjective quality that is a result of genetic structure and other people's ideas of beauty
2. Success can come from all racial backgrounds and should not be factored into the reasoning for the initial relationship

Now, the major points that I will be addressing are:
1. Interracial relationships create weak families
2. Interracial relationships hinder cultural development
3. Interracial relationships disrespect traditional cultural values
4. Interracial relationships are caused through an inherent need to rebel not as a form of love or a means to propogate the species (whichever path you choose to side on in regards to why we form relationships)
5. Interracial relationships are medically dangerous

I will address each of these points briefly for my opening argument.

1. Interracial relationships are the foundation behind many weak families in this world. The reason for this idea is that cultural differences amongst the human species has led to animosity, conflict and other issues amongst people. In addition to that, it has also led to the formation of many distinct cultural traditions and concepts of family. Many cultures have pre-defined concepts as to how a family unit is to be structured, from those that are formed patriarchical, to the more western idea of an equal partnership between man and wife, to the rarely seen matriarchal family (http://www.thehindu.com...). Because of these defined concepts, interracial and intercultural relationships break these norms. While many say, "That's just societ evolving," I say that it is what leads to many unhappy marriages and relationships. When you have two people that grew up in much different households and family structures, that can cause major problems within their own family unit. This can be particularly stressful on children within these family units.

2/3. These relationships also hinder cultural development and disrespect cultural values. By marrying outside of a culture or race, a person is essentially stemming the growth of their own distinct culture. Intermarriage leads to children that cannot trace a distinct race, they can't track their herritage because it is so muddled in random races. It destroys the tradiions of that race, it ignores their values, and it melts everyone together to the point that few people can actually call themselves part of any single race anymore.

4. Interacial relationships are often formed out of a sense of rebellion. A daughter or son bringing home a person of a different race to anger mom and dad, or just as a sign of social protest like an Israeli marrying a Palestinian. These marriages and relationships aren't built off love or the deire to have children with someone, they're built solely on either selfish motives or motives of social activism. No relationship can be effective if its not for proper purposes.

5. These relationships are also medically dangerous, many races formed because of location, of region, or of nearby poplations. Because of this, genetic differences formed specific to various regions and races. These geneic differences present a powderkeg to our genetic makeup and therefore are a problem and are wrong.

These five points are my main reasons why interracial relationships are wrong. While my opponent may argue the concepts of love and happiness, keep in mind that how can one love or be happy with someone or in a relationship with someone knowing that they are causing or risking these problems. At best they are ignorant and don't realize the risks involved, at worst they are purposefully sabotaging other races to dillute their gene pools to increase the superiority of their on.
PrincessNene

Pro

PrincessNene forfeited this round.
Canadian-In-Florida

Con

I rest my case until my opponent proposes a rebuttal
PrincessNene

Pro

PrincessNene forfeited this round.
Canadian-In-Florida

Con

Unfortunately my opponent seems to have disappeared.

While I recognize that I have not presented major arguments to the points that I made, I would ask that everyone votes for me due to the fact that I at least proposed arguments that were a little more substantial than beautiful children that have a chance for success, and then disappear.
PrincessNene

Pro

PrincessNene forfeited this round.
Canadian-In-Florida

Con

This was unfortunate
Posted by Canadian-In-Florida 4 years ago
Canadian-In-Florida
Alright, it seemed as though you were expecting them in my debate. Just wanted to clarify.
Posted by almost2scores 4 years ago
almost2scores
I was not expecting responses to my questions. Lol.

I understand that you selected this as a challenge for yourself. Nuff said! I hope you eventually get a response from the instigator.
Canadian-In-Florida
I do understand that it is ludicrous and completely crazy, it is also crazy for me to even accept a debate on this position that I have. Thus why I did it. It is a challenge. I was hoping that my opponent would actually put up a fight then I could actually have a challenge.

I do understand all the points you've made in your questions, but understand that this is not a debate with you, and I am doing this debate as a challenge to see if I could win something crazy like this. I am only debating a few single points and only debating vs my opponent. I have a busy schedule and don't have time to answer all the questions raised by others in comments. If those were raised in a factual position within the debate I would address them but I don't have time to just answer questions. Just know I do understand the questions you asked, don't think me ignorant just because of my position on this, it's because I wanted the challenge.
Posted by almost2scores 4 years ago
almost2scores
True.. with no opponent, there isn't an argument.

What is your definition of "race"? Do you realize why race is defined as it is today? Do you know of any of the fascinating cultures and nations that significantly "mixed"? I would love to see your arguments. This is both ludicrous and hilarious all at the time same time!
Canadian-In-Florida
It was an opening argument, I expected my opponent to provide a debate to it before putting up anything else. Many debates follow a format like this. Had my opponent put up an argument I would have provided factually based rebuttal. Nothing was presented and my opponent is not responding so I didn't see a reason why I should spend my time talking one-sided if it is in vain to an opponent not responding.

If you want factual data, I'll present it when my opponent actually argues.
Posted by almost2scores 4 years ago
almost2scores
Such an important topic deserves a more dedicated instigator. As far as I can see the arguments and claims made by the contender have no factual proof either. They're just opinions.

This is very sad...
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 4 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
You both are right and I'm going to apologize to PrincessNene.
Canadian-In-Florida
I agree with Maestro on this. No, I did not read her previous debates. I tend not to do that when taking a challenge because I like to accept the debate for the debate itself not the person. I also agree that it is offensive to say she has already lost. I agree that I may win on spelling and grammar easily, based on what I've seen in round 1 but that says nothing for her arguments, many people argue with bad grammar. I am not looking at her previous posts and we'll see what happens. She is a credible opponent to me until proven otherwise within this debate with me.
Posted by MaestroEvans 4 years ago
MaestroEvans
Although it is true that PrincessNene would have to improve her writing skills and adhere to the layout of a typical formal "written public forum debate" in order to effectively participate in a debate on this site, it is entirely unnecessary and incredibly offensive for you to say that she has already lost.
Posted by GarretKadeDupre 4 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
PrincessNene, it would be cool if you would take some time to read through some other debate to get a feel for proper debating techniques. You should also use correct grammar. To be honest, if you continue trying to debate as you have since you joined, you will lose by a landslide against anyone who barely knows how to debate.

Canadian-In-Florida, do you know who you are debating? You've already won.