lovelyy_roses562
lexi_the_best

Is there anyway to solve a problem other then to start a war?

lovelyy_roses562

lovelyy_roses562

Pro

This first round is only if you accept the challenge the debate will start the next round.
lexi_the_best

Con

i accept your challenge
lovelyy_roses562

Pro

There is many ways to solve a problem that doesn't have to do with violence, what happen to being civil? If you could sit down and talk to your brother/sister about your problems and solve it why can't our leaders? Our president is being very childish because he could sit down and just talk to other countries to prevent wars and if the other country doesn't want to settle things ( sorry to say this but) they need a new leader because all they do is kill people, it doesn't solve anything but decrease in population.
lexi_the_best

Con

Against my better judgement i did accept this challenge though i do not agree with my position

Mrs.rose to call a leader childish makes me question your political experince.Are there other ways to solve war that does not lead to violence? yes . Do we have to deal with the consqences of the actions our leader has commited through incompetence? yes. but to say things are solved through conmunication is a understatment. the country we call "home" has had a way of living for over three hundred decades.Our firs leaders have had only one way of solving things and that was to fight and take what you believe belongs to you.So in conclusion MRS. Rose there are multiple ways to solve war but the question is who is willing to try something new.everyone knows the saying you cant teach old dogs new tricks and its more than likely that wont change
lovelyy_roses562

Pro

The reason I say our president (not just Obama but others from the past) is childish is because he could think of other ways to end war and I understand that if another country tries to nuke us we should nuke them first for our survival but that should only be the necessary time to attack. We have been in many unnecessary and foolish wars like Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://foreignpolicy.com...

We were so close to killing almost everyone in Syria because they had chemical weapons killing their own people but that is their problem we can't just go there a kill everyone because they had chemical weapons, if anything the only reason we should would be if they were threatening us, but no we were threatening them to give the weapons to us.

http://www.jpost.com...

But anyway the point is if they didn't give us the weapons we would've been in another unnecessary again when they didn't even threaten us, and that could have been another war solved by just communicating.
lexi_the_best

Con

you make a strong argument Mrs. Rose but we cannot change things that are not willing to change. a fight for freedom,for justice,and tranquility. Its all we've ever known its all we might ever know. things don't change because you want them to. Yes I mourn with those who have lost a brother,sister,husband,wife,daughter,son,or even a good friend,but there is no way to control what's always been

in the case of obama vs Isis and Syria yes we did kill people but its not as simple as solving a disagreement to run a country you have to make sacrifices such as losing respect and losing someone you love but its more about superiority one country cant look weaker than others or you seem vunerable to attack yes it seems that we go into endless wars but we aren't always the ones to attack first. political disagreement is like chess you have to lose a few pieces move around regroup ect. but the objective is to protect the queen America is our queen and we are the knights if we lose the queen we lose the game. its called checkmate
lovelyy_roses562

Pro

You do prove a good point that SOME people will not be willing to change but their are a lot of other people who would.

But what the leaders who send these people to war don't realize is not only are they killing people but they are hurting others families ( I know it's not just leaders it's also the people who join ). They are causing grief and pain to other families and I'm sure that the people who are greiving will help stop destruction of other countries because they know what it feels like. My father was in the Military and injured his arm and told me many horrible things that happened and what it does to people when they return home, even when you come home from combat you are still tromatized, my dad almost went to prison for violence against a civilian ( self defense ) but it was because you were trained to kill in the military and it's hard to gain sanity back when you've killed many people and seen many good people die. What I'm trying to say is not only does it effect other countries but it effects everyone around you even families.

In your previous arguement you were saying no one will be willing to help stop but there are millions of people that are trying to, like the families that lost someone in combat , and even the ex-marines who have survived ( and there are a lot, and I'm not just talking about in our country, I'm talking worldwide ). If other people could just realize what is really going on and help maybe we would never need the " wounded warrior foundation" because their would be no war. You have also said that it is not as simple as solving a disagreement, oh but it is a disagreement and it could be solved, it's just that the first thing that comes to people's mind is "oh he doesn't agree with me so I'm going to start war and kill them all" (I know I'm exaggerating a little but it's true). If people were to have common sense to talk things through without violence that would be great, now do you understand a little bit more why I say our leaders are childish?

Now I have a question for you, what makes you think that no one would be willing to help?
lexi_the_best

Con

Your right some people are willing to stop war, but does their opinion matter? Think about it from a political standpoint, there are millions of people standing outside your door asking you to change something,anything but what you say its not going to affect a senate,president or congressman they hear the same thing five times a day for hours. And I just want to point out Alana yes the military is a hard place to grow up in.Especially when your young most soldiers are barely the age of 21.But it was a choice that they made and they were fully aware of the consequences .My grandfather,father and my uncle have all served. They knew the possibilities,they did a brave thing for their country even if it wasn't worth fighting for

And again it is absolutely not as simple as solving a disagreement, even though it was a disagreement that started it all. We live in a country based on power and rage. The only thing that matters here isn't what's right,its dominance .and if you don't have dominance you have ultimately failed. It saddens me to say that there are some cycles that can not be broken no matter how hard you try or how much you fight. To think that society is what you make it and to think that the world will come to peace because you want it to I find that childish. its time to wake up the world is cruel and unfair that's how its always been and how it'll always be .fantasy lands are a luxury that the community cannot afford
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
If that is what the two of you wish, I'll be off and say good luck to the two of you.

However, if others wish to continue commenting on this debate, there is no means by which for you to stop them. Even though you are the debaters, you have no authority over the comment section. Just letting you know, in case others aren't interested in observing your request.
Posted by lexi_the_best 2 years ago
lexi_the_best
Me and Alana will no longer be accepting comments and I do apologize for being rude there are many other ways I could have said that and I'm truly sorry. but please can you no longer comment it would be appreciated.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
And for what reason should we abide by your rudely stated demand? And who' is "we"?

If you had stated it differently and included a reason, I likely would have accepted your request without issue.
Posted by lovelyy_roses562 2 years ago
lovelyy_roses562
Hey Alexis there were many ways you could have said that without having to say "shut up", but you're right we won't be accepting anymore comments.
Posted by lexi_the_best 2 years ago
lexi_the_best
thank you for that contribution but please shut up thank you ^ ^ we will not be accepting anymore comments
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
I think you've failed to realize how ambiguous the statement is. I can define infinite problems for which war is not even a possible solution.

Even if you stated the proposition they way you probably meant it, your last comment does show that you yourself are not pro on the proposition.
Posted by lovelyy_roses562 2 years ago
lovelyy_roses562
No but the minority are and I wasn't talking just about us and other countries, I was talking about other countries conflicts too.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
Aren't the vast majority of problems, and I mean almost every single problem, already solved without war?
Posted by lexi_the_best 2 years ago
lexi_the_best
dude thanks for commenting but you can stop now
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Now before anybody else does another debate, I suggest enhancing your grammar skills, as that is a factor that decides who wins or loses a debate.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
lovelyy_roses562lexi_the_bestTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro used sources and logic to show examples of cases where violence/war was not necessarily the answer. This was too absolute for con to win; I think a better resolution is, "Civil disobedience is a preferable method to violence". That would be far more controversial and interesting than an absolute debate where all one has to do is to support an example of solving a problem without war.
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
lovelyy_roses562lexi_the_bestTied
Reasons for voting decision: What did you think? My reasons for voting are given above.