SaraOluk
Mr.Dan

Is there such a thing as gay religious people?

Mr.Dan

SaraOluk

Con

I was watching Free Speech BBC last week and there was a topic about a Gay drag queen who claimed to be a Muslim too. Many people saw no problem with it however some argued it makes no sense since the Qu'arn strictly prohibits it.

Being a Christian, of course I'm going to say no. And I stick to my word; this is mainly because like mentioned above- It makes no sense to claim you belong to a religion which strictly prohibits the sin you are committing. In a way it is offensive to people who actually belong to their religion and are repentant for their sins and don't claim to be something they clearly cannot be.

I give 72 Hours to argue, I don't prefer a specific argument Atheist or not please, I want to hear your opinion..
Mr.Dan

Pro

Gay religious people do exist!!
Paul ogrady is Catholic and believes in god for just one example.
SaraOluk

Con

You said 'Gay religious people do exist!!
Paul ogrady is Catholic and believes in god for just one example.'
How does this justify your point?
There are many people who claim to be religious and gay but the truth is you have to be one or the other you can't be religious and call yourself gay if you know that's not what God or Allah wants. And also how do you know Paul O'Grady doesn't just call himself a Catholic, he may calll himself one but he might not practice the religion...
Mr.Dan

Pro

The many bibles of this world are fictitious stories made up by a group of people with ideas on how life should be lived. I am sure that god if he does exist will love all his children regardless of sexual orientation. The fact that hundred's maybe thousands of gay couples from around the world have petitioned for marriage in a church proves that gay religious people are alive and well.
SaraOluk

Con

SaraOluk forfeited this round.
Mr.Dan

Pro

If a person is gay in their heart and mind but does not act upon it becuse they believe in god then they are still gay..in my book that makes them a gay religious person.
Posted by perplexed 3 years ago
perplexed
the position one is gay and is religious still is viable being that the religious would undermine their inclination as an evil one...IF they believe being what they are is an abomination.
if the homosexual finds that this particular edict is false then the homosexual is a cherry picker and is thusly inconsistent with the seminal points of said doctrine...in that case no it is not viable.
Vote Placed by Cermank 3 years ago
Cermank
SaraOlukMr.DanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made the only argument, and con appealed to authority in teh only point he made. Also FF.
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
SaraOlukMr.DanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct- FF