SaraOluk
RiskTaker

Is there such a thing as homosexual religious people?

SaraOluk

Con

I was watching Free Speech BBC last week and there was a topic about a Gay drag queen who claimed to be a Muslim too. Many people saw no problem with it however some argued it makes no sense since the Qu'arn strictly prohibits it.

Being a Christian, of course I'm going to say no. And I stick to my word; this is mainly because like mentioned above- It makes no sense to claim you belong to a religion which strictly prohibits the sin you are committing. In a way it is offensive to people who actually belong to their religion and are repentant for their sins and don't claim to be something they clearly cannot be.

I give 72 Hours to argue, I don't prefer a specific argument Atheist or not please, I want to hear your opinion..
RiskTaker

Pro

Let's take a Hindu who is gay for example, I'm pretty sure some exist. Just as much as a gay Christian or a gay Muslim.

Thus, there is such a thing as a homosexual religious person.

For all you know, there are religious Satanists who specifically experiment with bisexuality and homosexuality as part of their religion.

Even if the religious scripture itself seems to outlaw homosexuality, it is still possible to have full faith in the God of that religion and to believe every aspect of the religion other than that homosexuality is a sin and to be religious. This is because you can merely pray to God to accept your homosexuality as long as you don't sin in any other way and the probability is that the all-loving god you worship will reward you in the afterlife for sinning in no other way. Additionally you can claim that God made you that way and it's his fault you are this way.
SaraOluk

Con

SaraOluk forfeited this round.
RiskTaker

Pro

RiskTaker forfeited this round.
SaraOluk

Con

SaraOluk forfeited this round.
RiskTaker

Pro

RiskTaker forfeited this round.