Lamia13
PowerPikachu21

Is there such thing as true beauty?

Lamia13 has forfeited round #3.
Started: 10/27/2016 Category: Fashion
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Lamia13

Pro

Yes there is, when someone is beautiful on the inside, meaning they are a good person, and on the outside, that is true beauty.
PowerPikachu21

Con

In order for there to be true beauty, it being or object must be beautiful on the outside, and good inside, like a good personality. Also, would my girlfriend, despite being pretty and nice, be true beauty if she stole something? I wouldn't say so.
Lamia13

Pro

Well, you have a fair point, but I don't mean beauty as in looks. I mean beauty as in a good person. And I good person wouldn't steal. On the outside would be his/her reputation, how the person acts and talks towards other people. Their actions, not their looks. True beauty is on the outside, your reputation, and on the inside, you're general thoughts and feelings. So, there is such thing as true beauty, it is just very rare.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Uhh... what? You contradicted yourself. Does outer beauty matter?

"Well, you have a fair point, but I don't mean beauty as in looks. I mean beauty as in a good person."

"True beauty is on the outside, your reputation, and on the inside, you're general thoughts and feelings."

You state that outer beauty doesn't matter... then say it is a factor? Which is it?

Now that I think about it... there's many interpretations on "true beauty". Either the ultimate beauty (outer and inner), or the beauty that lies within. But which one is true beauty? It's subjective in how you interpret "True Beauty", as well as your own preference.

Beauty isn't objective; everyone has their own opinion. Here's an example: Would you date someone who has black hair, tattoos, and interested in mythology? I would, but not sure about you.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 month ago
PowerPikachu21
He also said outer beauty matters in Round 1.
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
vi_spex
there is no true level of beauty
Posted by jonathansport 1 month ago
jonathansport
There is no such thing as true beauty. Beauty is defined by the person who sees it. It can never be generalized that a person or a thing is beautiful. When it is defined in that sort of a way, it may only be beautiful to the person who feels that way, not everyone.
So certainly, there is no such thing as true beauty.