chilie99
AbandonedSpring

Is there to many bullies in the world?

AbandonedSpring

chilie99

Pro

There is to much people being bullied in the world. I think we should stop it by putting stuff about not bullying on TV and on the internet. They should also have a speech about how bullying should stop and how to stop it from happening and what to do if you are being bullied.
AbandonedSpring

Con

Alright, I accept your debate.
To win, you have to prove there are too many bullies, and all I have to prove is that there isn't necessarily too many.

How do you plan on scaling whether or not there are too many bullies? It seems to me like everyone needs a bully of some sort as motivation. If a person chooses to become a bully, then that is their choice. I understand that bullies are terrible, but looking back, everybody had a bully at one point or another. It's how you handled adversity that determined where you are. Also, spending thousands of dollars on anti-bullying commercials? what a joke! No one would ever listen, it would just be ignored.

Thanks
chilie99

Pro

Well sometimes bullies can really hurt them they could possibly kill someone and yes I have been bullied hundreds of times. I hate it, it's horrible. But if we go to schools and do a bully buster class then we can help people that don't understand how to stop it then we can help them so they know what to do when they are being bullied.
AbandonedSpring

Con

"Well sometimes bullies can really hurt them they could possibly kill someone and yes I have been bullied hundreds of times. I hate it, it's horrible. "

I never said bullies were a good thing. But like I did say, adversity brings out the best in us. Being exposed to something like a bully exaggerates true character. Also, no one like bullies.

"But if we go to schools and do a bully buster class then we can help people that don't understand how to stop it then we can help them so they know what to do when they are being bullied."

We have all sorts of things like this at our school, and I can say for sure it's a waste of time. No one cares, and everyone is just glad to be out of class. No one learns, or cares.

Theres no way to irradiate bullying, so instead we should teach kids how to handle their problems appropriately.
thanks
chilie99

Pro

chilie99 forfeited this round.
AbandonedSpring

Con

I reaffirm that bullies create a source of responsibility in your reactions. We must teach kids how to deal with their problems, rather then just avoid them.

Thanks
Vote Placed by CullenWoodward 2 years ago
CullenWoodward
chilie99AbandonedSpringTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had the most convincing the whole time. It also didn't hurt him that proving something like "too much" is completely relative and can't be determined exactly. It was pretty close, but the pro forfeited a round so I gave that rounds points to the con, therefore tipping the scale completely to the con.
Vote Placed by Anakin 2 years ago
Anakin
chilie99AbandonedSpringTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con said bullig is terrible if something is terrible wouldn't it be too much of it. The motivation and adversity argument I thought was pretty weak because you can say that about anything that's bad like, robbery , rape, having your lets cut off, and I'm sure we can all agree with having less of that. And con had nothing in response to a bulling protentailly killing. The con might had a better chance if they stayed with the how can you tell whether or not there are too many bullies, but again if it's terrible like he said one would think it's too many. I did like the presentation of the Con better. My vote goes to the pro. Check my debates out thanks .