alvarezd41
libertarianmind

Is there truly one god

alvarezd41

Pro

Hi everyone,
I would like to give you hope and tell you what I have been revealed by our creator. 1st let me start by saying that we are our creator's most treasured and beloved creation. We are all extremely valuable and we all hold the knowledge of creation inside each and everyone of us.

God is inside everyone of us. We are all eternal beings, this means we have always been and will always be. When in doubt look inside of you and you will find the truth. It has always been there. Our true self exist beyond this existence. If you truly want to know god all you have to do is remember and let the truth come out and embrace your true self for we already know god and have always known him.

Don't get caught on the lies of this materialistic world.

We are already closer to our creator than anything else in existence but we must learn to look inside and trust for he exist within you.

Peace and love be with you my eternal brothers. I truly love you all.

We are all connected.
libertarianmind

Con

I accept this debate and thank the Instigator for creating it.

I hope to enlighten the minds of those who read, or my fellow debater him/herself, by diminishing the false claims that there is one almighty deity, or God.
alvarezd41

Pro

So are you saying there is more than one god or creator?. I agree that the one has become many by his own will he is in each and everyone of us therefore you can say that the one has become many and that is how we are all connected.
libertarianmind

Con

My words were poorly chosen, I suppose. I do not believe there is one god or ANY God. I would say we're all connected somehow, possibly by means of ancestors, but I do not believe there is any good evidence to say that this "creator" is in
any one of us. You're opening statement in this debate consisted of statements such as "...we always have been and will always be." This, to me, is ludacris. We were created when the cells we developed from were created. We will die when they die. We are trillions of cells, not the host bodies for a Creator. This notion that there is a god inside of every one of us is just not believable. I find it strange that anyone would believe something like that.

I don't think there is one god. I don't think there are multiple gods. I don't believe we were created by human intelligence. I especially don't believe, if there were such a thing, that a god would, by his own will, turn into other gods. This is just a desperate rebuttal to this classic argument with theism: It is not acceptable to say that Christianity is right, but all other religions are incorrect. If you were in Brazil or parts of Africa, you might believe in the Oludumare". If you were a Muslim, you would believe in Allah. If you were Hindu, you might believe in gods such as Ganesha and Shiva. If you were any of these religions, you would most likely downplay the religion that is Christianity, because you have been taught your religion prior.

Stating that this god has turned into many gods by his own will, is just your way of maneuvering around this argument, unless you beg to differ?
alvarezd41

Pro

Clearly your understanding is limited by your belief. I will try to explain as if you were a 5th grader and maybe your intellect can grasp the reality.

Does a creator exist? Clearly the answer is in the question. We are not talking about religion here. clearly all religions have their origin and are mostly right.

When I say we are all connected is because when god created man we were all created in his image. Meaning that we are much more than a bag of flesh and bones for we are all part of the whole. We are supreme beings of a sort. When you focus on something then it start to exist until then it isn't there. we are all creators and part of the whole. We exist because god exist.
libertarianmind

Con

However, I was answering the 2nd question you gave to me in your second argument: "So are you saying there is more than one god or creator?". Excuse for attempting to get to the main question.

Now, I don't believe that a creator exists. We are not connected in the way you state, because this creator you speak of never existed, does not exist, and never will exist. This fantasy you speak of is merely, in my opinion, a way for many to explain why things happen the way they do, obviously not citing the fact that science has already discovered most of those answers. If a child is born, you have someone to thank. If a person dies, you have someone to blame. It's a way for those people that believe to have someone always by their side, either to love or to hate. I suppose the idea of it is positively focused, but the false reality is not.

Now, I'm sure there are other reasons for people to believe in religion, so I can't say these things for all of them, just the majority. You say that my understanding is limited by my belief, which is quite hypocritical. You say you understand that there is a god that created us all, and why do you believe this? Well, I said it right there: because of your beliefs! You say that if you speak to me like a 5th grader, perhaps my intellect can grasp the reality?! My intellect, I promise you, does grasp the reality. It stops me from thinking up false deities, like a creator of any sort. Your argument, I admit, is quite confusing. "...we are all part of the whole. We are supreme beings of a sort. When you focus on something then it start to exist until then it isn't there." You lost me at "...". You said you were going to explain as if I were a fifth grader, not as if you were.

Also, you say that all religions have their origins (correct, obviously) and are mostly right. Wait a second. So you're telling me that this creator you are telling me about, has turned himself into however many deities there are, and submits different teachings around the world? How can all religions be correct? The idea is incomprehensible, because it is simply not possible. Your argument is basically you reprimanding yourself.
alvarezd41

Pro

alvarezd41 forfeited this round.
libertarianmind

Con

libertarianmind forfeited this round.
alvarezd41

Pro

alvarezd41 forfeited this round.
libertarianmind

Con

libertarianmind forfeited this round.