Is this site failing?
Debate Rounds (2)
1. Fewer and fewer debates are being started. Don't know about other parts of the site as getting to them is rather confusing
2. Going back to debates people can shut down a debate by pretending to accept a challenge but never posting an argument. That sort of behavior should not be tolerated. If you think it is a bad topic ignore it. Don't deny others the chance to participate just because you don't like the topic.
3. A glitch which can't have gone unnoticed causes a debate to shut down completely when a participant forfeits a round by non response. Unlike above where the rival can still make arguments-- this glitch shuts it down completely. Apparently nothing is being done about it.
4. Almost no one votes on debates. One of the primary reasons is clearly the site actively discourages voting by penalizing those who do vote but don't meet the sites very stringent but also very vague requirements
I want someone to accept this challenge and tell me why I am wrong and what is good about his site and specifically the debates part of it
2.Yes I agree there should be repercussions but that doesn't mean this site isn't functional, and if you don't want that happening to you, you should make a complaint and report the user for abuse.
3. Well like in real life if no one can come up with a response it naturally means that you have won.
4. Well voting is just a seal of approval and should be taken with a grain of salt because if more people were introduced to the debate voting could have drastically different results. My point still stands it doesn't impair the sites functionality.
I took your challenge but don't feel entitled as con(tra) to raise any points on how this site is good. I just need to contradict your points and that should be enough in this case.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Bored_Debater 5 months ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: Pro concedes to con's arguments. However, the biggest issue, freezing glitch, needs to be fixed. There is no real legit explanation for the failure to fix the glitch. The people running this site is essentially doing nothing to keep this site top notch. Though con's rebut of pro's 3rd point, "fail to reply means you won" is certainly weak. Cause the time invested in that debate never gets rewarded with voter's input on how to make you a better debater, or that debate placed on your record. For this single problem I would've voted pro had he not conceded the debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.