godrulz
Rjupudi18

Is traditional 'original sin' doctrine biblical and coherent? I believe it is not.

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

godrulz

Pro

'Original sin' suggests that sin is genetic and passed to the entire human race since Adam was supposedly our Federal Head. It says we are born sinners because of Adam.

I will argue that the view is Augustinian, Catholic, tradition, not truth. I will distinguish physical and moral depravity and highlight what sin is and is not.

We are sinners because we sin; we do not sin because of a fleshly sinful nature inherited from Adam.

Con should agree with original sin and not just be an atheist attacking the concept of God/sin.
Posted by godrulz 1 year ago
godrulz
Sorry, wrong person. Did not realize sboss18, thought it was rj
Posted by godrulz 1 year ago
godrulz
It seems you started the debate by accepting, so I cannot change it. We will just have to be clear in our comments. Please respond with your first round.
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
Remove the second sentence from the resolution and change your stance to Con.