annawaters
Andrea25

Is veganism a positive movement?

annawaters has forfeited round #3.

annawaters

Pro

For me, the answer is simple. The overwhelming evidence shows that veganism is a positive practice from many points of view, i.e the environment, animal welfare, and of course health.

This is merely an introduction to further arguments I may present, so my opponent's argument should be similarly introductory.
Andrea25

Con

Veganism is clearly not a positive movement simply because it is an anti evolutionary concept. It goes directly against the natural selection, and it shouldn't be something to discuss about. It is something objective, as well as the fact that humans are carnivores and every person needs animal protein or its derivates. Simply because we need to eat meat, we have always needed since the start of our evolution.
annawaters

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate and good luck.

You have stated that veganism is an "anti-evolutionary concept". This is a baffling statement that rings little truth. Evolution is based on adaptations to ones environment to survive, which veganism is in a nut shell. Although early humans were OMNIvores, the modern factory farms on which meat today is produced is leagues unhealthier than the clean meat our ancestors ate. Cattle bred for human consumption today is pumped with chemicals and antibiotics, and is fed a diet which is unnatural and unhealthy for the animal, which in turn makes it less suitable for humans. On top of this, the modern man is consuming before unheard of volumes of meat- much much more than early humans would have consumed.

Your claim that a vegan diet is objective is slightly true. However many studies have shown that vegetarians and vegans can expect to live 5-10 years longer than the average meat eater. And it is absolutely untrue, and has proven to be so that "every person needs animal protein or its derivates". There are hundreds of sources of protein, which are often more effective than animal proteins in maintaining the human body.

Aside from the animal health violations and the environmental issues, which I will get to, a vegan diet is perfectly healthy than an animal based diet.
Andrea25

Con

Thanks, and good luck to you, too!

First of all, I think that nowadays NOTHING is healthy as it was once. And vegetables and fruits are also pumped with chemicals, even more than meat. Most of the vegan food we can find at the supermarket is filled with pesticides The truth is that nowadays is really hard to eat healthy, but it isn't something relating just meat diet, but almost everything.

It is also true that vegan diet is a lot more dangerous than vegetarian one. Hom Jay Dinshah, president of the American Vengan Society, died at the age of 66 after his conversion from vegetarian diet to the vegan one. Same for many other vegans (SOURCE: http://letthemeatmeat.com...). So, it isn't very appropriate to say that veganism makes life longer, also because the issue is a lot more complex (https://authoritynutrition.com...)

Yes there are many sources of protein, but not for all the rest. A vegan diet, for example, has not enough B12 vitamin amounts, which is really important for human body. According to the studies of Dr. Gian Cursio vegan people have experienced dental problems , tooth decay , muscle problems , depressive problems , hernias , sclerosis and sudden deaths (as we have already seen).
(SOURCE: http://www.mercola.com...)
Posted by TheBenC 9 months ago
TheBenC
I would like to point out that there are many different types of protein and all proteins are not equal.

I would also like to point out that no vegan would be able beat me in a fight.
Posted by TheBenC 9 months ago
TheBenC
Can vegans swallow after giving a bj?
Posted by TheBenC 9 months ago
TheBenC
Vegans are pansies that need to be mowed. The only way anyone can be vegan is if they are wealthy enough to not need animals. Leave a vegan on an isolated island for a month and you will come back to find a meat eating human!

The only benefit to veganism is more bacon and eggs for me! Hell, now that I think about it...everyone should be vegan except me. My bacon and eggs will be dirt cheap!