Kurstenday
wierdman

Is weed safe?

wierdman

Kurstenday

Pro

I personally have smoked weed a lot during my life and nothing has happened to me. I know there's other ways opf smoking weed, but why would someone do that to themselves? I, for one, am a weed smoker and love the feeling. It helps me with the pain in my knees and back. It also helps calm me down. I think weed is completely safe. I've never heard of anyone overdose off of weed, or have any weird side of effects. Yes, weed is legal in Washington, but I also think it should be legal in every other state too.
wierdman

Con

I thank my opponent for the chance to debate such a controversial topic. I hope my opponent enjoys the round and finds it knowledgeable.

CASE!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Marijuana effect on the brain

The most audible myth about marijuana as we speak is the myth that it does not harm the human body in any way. This statement has been proven wrong time and time again. The fact is that the constant use of marijuana especially from adolescent years can severely reduce a persons ability to reach their full potential. In fact a study conducted on January of 2013 by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America (PANAS) resolved that "heavy cannabis use begun in the teen years and continued into adulthood brings about declines in IQ scores." Later studies conducted by Observational studies in humans concluded that "exposure to cannabinoids during adolescent development can cause long-lasting changes in the brain"s reward system as well as the hippocampus, a brain area critical for learning and memory." [1]

Multiple Research has also shown that chronic use of marijuana can permanently impact a person learning abilities as well as memory. Now you may say 'well marijuana isn't physiologically addictive so the moderate use of marijuana is safe'. While this statement might be true, it is incredibly hard for a marijuana user to use the drug moderately. This is because of marijuana been psychologically addictive. Once an individual has that first smoke, he or she will experience (supposedly) the best feelings they have ever had. Now knowing the existence of such a feeling, the person will crave to achieve the same feeling time and time again. The person will result to the use of marijuana every time he or she experiences a negative feeling. By increasing the rate at which the drug is used, the person is also increasing the rate at which memory and learning capabilities are distorted. the use of marijuana also interferes with a persons personal life as the person can no longer achieve their full potential or even a fraction of that. A new Zealand study found that "those who used marijuana heavily before age 18 showed mental decline even after they quit taking the drug." [2] This finding is consistent with the notion that drug use during adolescence.

[1]http://www.britannica.com...
[2]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
[3] http://www.drugabuse.gov...
[4]http://www.drugabuse.gov...
Kurstenday

Pro

Kurstenday forfeited this round.
wierdman

Con

wierdman forfeited this round.
Kurstenday

Pro

Kurstenday forfeited this round.
wierdman

Con

Once again my opponent has forfieted the round. This means that my arguments still stands.
Kurstenday

Pro

Kurstenday forfeited this round.
wierdman

Con

wierdman forfeited this round.
Kurstenday

Pro

Kurstenday forfeited this round.
wierdman

Con

wierdman forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Kenneth_Stokes 3 years ago
Kenneth_Stokes
KurstendaywierdmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit