rtomasini23
lowan99

Is your soul immortal?

rtomasini23

Con

Is your soul immortal? Do you believe that it really does last forever even when you die? I believe that the soul is mortal and once you are gone so is your soul. There is no scientific proof that your soul still exists when you die.
lowan99

Pro

The definition of a soul is- in certain spiritual, philosophical, and psychological traditions – is the incorporeal essence of a person, living thing or object. You see I am a Christian and I believe that when you die your soul goes to God or the devil. So yes I believe as a Christian that my soul is alive and well after I die. If you are not a Christian then other religions believe after they die that they come back to the earth as someone or something else. So yes I believe that a soul is alive and well after death.
rtomasini23

Con

As a Catholic I was brought up to believe my soul still lived on after you die. My belief changed when I looked at things differently and took religion out of my perspective. The real question is what scientific proof is there that a soul exists? If your soul is supposedly in your body and your body decays and dies, how is it still alive? The philosopher Aristole believed that the soul dies and after reading his beliefs in the Philosophy text book "Philosophical Questions" I understand where he comes from. The soul is made up of personality, attitude and experiences. Those are things that die out, change and what not. How is your soul possibly going to live when you die?
lowan99

Pro

There is really no actually not scientific proof that th soul exists. You will go to heaven or hell. That is how it is still alive. You soul is a spiritual thing like I said before.
rtomasini23

Con

You believe that your soul will go to Heaven or Hell. Is there a scientific proof of heaven or hell? It is just a belief that your soul will go somewhere after you die. But there is no proof of heaven or hell or even if your soul exsists? Your soul is immaginary. If you take apart a human skull, do you see a soul? No you see a brain. The soul is nothing more than just a belief.
lowan99

Pro

lowan99 forfeited this round.
rtomasini23

Con

rtomasini23 forfeited this round.
lowan99

Pro

lowan99 forfeited this round.
rtomasini23

Con

rtomasini23 forfeited this round.
lowan99

Pro

lowan99 forfeited this round.
Posted by Chamaeleon 5 years ago
Chamaeleon
I will accept this challenge if you submit a definition for "soul."