Islam Does Not Condone Terrorism

I argue that Islam is against terrorism, which is defined in this particular debate as the unprovoked and unintentional targeting of innocent civilians, women, children and the elderly. As well as suicide bombing.

Because this debate is specifically about Islam, only interpretations from the Salaf (first three generations of Muslims) and the Ulema (Muslim scholars) can be used. This means outside interpretations of Islam can not be used, however this doesn't mean that I am making it impossible for someone to debate using this rule, it simply means that Islam as it is can't be twisted, an example of the twisting of Islam that I am speaking of is the works of Robert Spencer.

So to clarify what Islam is within this debate:

Qur'an, Sunnah, Salaf and the Ulema.

And to clarify what terrorism is in this debate:

The unprovoked targeting and killing of innocents such as women, children and the elderly. As well as suicide bombing. All in the name of Islam.

This is a start. The Muslims were the ones that hit the two twin towers, there is a lot of proof that Muslims have been terrorists in the United States. They hate Americans, in the quaran it says that if they kill as many people as possible including themselves they will be honored.

First off, every call to war with the disbelievers in the Qur'an is just that, war. Muslims are fighting the armies of the kuffar, not going around and killing the innocents. Secondly, the Sunnah is as important to Islaam as the Qur'an is. The Sunnah gives clear rules of war within Islaam. And here they are...

Narrated `Abdullah:
During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Messenger disapproved the killing of women and children. (Bukhari)

Narrated Ibn `Umar:
During some of the Ghazawat of Allah's Messenger a woman was found killed, so Allah's Messenger forbade the killing of women and children. (Bukhari)

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles fought by the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He disapproved of the killing of women and children. (Muslim)

It is narrated by Ibn 'Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah forbade the killing of women and children. (Muslim)

"Abd Allaah bin (mas"ud) said "A woman was found slain in one of the battles of the Apostle of Allaah. The Apostle of Allaah forbade to kill women and children. (Abu Dawud)

When we were with the Messenger of Allah () on an expedition, he saw some people collected together over something and sent a man and said: See, what are these people collected around? He then came and said: They are round a woman who has been killed. He said: This is not one with whom fighting should have taken place. Khalid ibn al-Walid was in charge of the van; so he sent a man and said: Tell Khalid not to kill a woman or a hired servant. (Abu Dawud)

Al Sa"b bin Jaththamah said that he asked the Apostle of Allaah about the polytheists whose settlemnst were attacked at night when some of their offspring and women were smitten. The Prophet "They are of them. "Amr bin Dinar used to say "they are regarded in the same way as their parents."
Al-Zuhri said:

Thereafter the Messenger of Allah prohibited to kill women and children. (Abu Dawud)

It was narrated from Ibn "Umar that the Prophet () saw a woman who had been killed on the road, and he forbade killing women and children. (Sunan Ibn Majah)

It was narrated that Hanzalah Al-Katib said:
"We went out to fight alongside the Messenger of Allah (), and we passed by a slain woman whom the people had gathered around. They parted (to let the Prophet () through) and he said: "This (woman) was not one of those who were fighting." Then he said to a man: "Go to Khalid bin Walid and tell him that the Messenger of Allah () commands you: "Do not kill any women or any (farm) laborer."" (Sunan Ibn Majah)

bn 'Umar (RAA) narrated that The Messenger of Allah saw a woman who was killed in one of his expeditions, so he disapproved the killing of women and children. Agreed upon. (Bulugh al-Maram)

Samurah (RAA) narrated that The Messenger of Allah said:
"Kill the mature men of the polytheists but spare their children." (Bulugh al-Maram)

Ibn `Abbas says: The Messenger of Allah, when dispatching his troops, would tell them, " ..Do not behave treacherously, nor

misappropriate war-booty, nor mutilate [those whom you kill], nor kill children, nor the people in cloisters."

These are not even all of the ahadeeth concerning the killing of women and children. Basically, what it comes down to, is that you do not target the elderly, women, children, or people in cloisters. And obviously terrorists are doing the exact opposite.

No! I'm not talking about Muslim women I'm talking about Americans here. The slaughter of Americans, they are innocent people too. You don't call that terrorism? They implant bombs in them selves than go on airplanes with hundred of people and explode it. That isn't terrorism? Explain this to me. What is your definition of terrorism. Because I don't think your coming from where I'm cumming from. I don't care about Muslim women, they get beaten by their husbands too, they are property. But Muslims hate Americans and their mission is too kill as many as possible.

Every last one of those ahadeeth applied to war in Islaam, period. That means it applies to Americans. And what is gathered from them and the many others is that you are not allowed to kill women, children, the elderly, laborers and people in cloisters.

You're quite the ignorant Islamaphobe.

You're right, Muslims hate Americans. So do the British, the French, Germans, hell, all of Europe. Then you have much of Asia, and many more peoples who hate Americans. Coincidence?

As to men owning their wives, no, they do not. And they are not allowed to "beat" them either. You're allowed to strike her as a last measure, as a symbolic act showing her that it's at the last straw. And many believe this is nothing more than a tap.

As to suicide?

The Prophet said, "Whoever intentionally swears falsely by a religion other than Islam, then he is what he has said, (e.g. if he says, 'If such thing is not true then I am a Jew,' he is really a Jew). And whoever commits suicide with piece of iron will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell Fire."

Narrated Jundab the Prophet said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him."

The Prophet said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."

Hammam b. Munabbih said: Abu Huraira narrated to us ahadith from Allah's Messenger and out of these one is that Allah's Messenger said: none amongst you should make a request for death, and do not call for it before it comes, for when any of you dies, he ceases (to do good) deeds and the life of a believer is not prolonged but for goodness.

Allah's Messenger said, "Do not wish for death, for the terror of the place whence one looks down is severe. It is part of a man's happiness that his life should be long and Allah Who is Great and Glorious, should supply him with repentance."

There was amongst those before you a man who had a wound. He was in [such] anguish that he took a knife and made with it a cut in his hand, and the blood did not cease to flow till he died. Allah the Almighty said: My servant has himself forestalled Me; I have forbidden him Paradise.

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nisa 4:29
...And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you.

So obviously jihad by suicide is not allowed, suicide is not allowed at all.

Do you actually have any Islamic knowledge at all? I mean... I found all of that in like thirty seconds via Google, so...

Just prior to Muhammad's leaving for Medina, he received a "revelation" allowing him to fight the Meccans. He knew that in Medina, he had a group of armed men who would support him. Furthermore, in Medina, would be more distant from the Meccans and their attempts to oppress or kill him. The following is from "The Life of Muhammad", page 212, by A. Guillaume, which is a rendering of Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah", a biography of Muhammad written by an early Muslim scholar. The apostle had not been given permission to fight or allowed to shed blood before the second Aqaba [a place where a pledge was made between Muhammad and his followers from Medina]. He had simply been ordered to call men to God and to endure insult and forgive the ignorant. The Quraysh [a leading group of Meccans] had persecuted his followers, seducing some from their religion and exiling others from their country. They had to choose whether to give up their religion, be maltreated at home, or to flee the country, some to Abyssinia, others to Medina.

When Quraysh became insolent towards God and rejected His gracious purpose, accused His prophet of lying, and ill treated and exiled those who served Him and proclaimed His unity, believed in His prophet and held fast to His religion, He gave permission to His apostle to fight and to protect himself against those who wronged them and treated them badly....
The meaning is "I have allowed them to fight only because they have been unjustly treated while their sole offense against men has been that they worship God. When they are in the ascendant they will establish prayer, pay the poor-tax, enjoin kindness, and forbid iniquity, i.e., the prophet and his companions all of them." Then God sent down to him: "Fight them so that there be no more seduction," . until no believer is seduced from his religion. "And the religion is God's,", i.e. Until God alone is worshiped."
1) in Mecca, where Muhammad was weak, he attacked no one. He only preached his religion and insulted the Meccan's religions. But it was just prior to his leaving for Medina, where he had a limited amount of armed men to support him, that he received this "revelation" and began to use violence to further his desires. Islamic history shows that as Muslims grew in power their forms of violence changed from criminal terrorism to outright warfare.

2) At the end of the quote, it says that Muslims are to fight those who do not worship Allah.
I also comment on Ibn Ishaq's work. When reading this passage from Ibn Ishaq, Muhammad is made to appear to be long suffering and primarily fighting in self defense, and that up until just before Muhammad's departure, the Meccan persecution was tolerable, but that it became so bad that Muhammad was finally given permission to fight back.

The problem with this is that Muhammad had been severely persecuted prior to this and that Muslims had been abused well before their departure. In other words, the quoted passage is apologetic work on Ibn Ishaq's part. Earlier, well before the Treaty of Aqaba, things were so bad for Muhammad that he went to a town called Taif to seek their help and protection. The Taifians rejected and abused him. Things were so bad for Muhammad in Mecca, Muhammad had to beg three men for their protection.

In Mecca, Muhammad continued to proclaim himself as a prophet and he was abused all the more. He never received any "revelations" to fight at that time.

Eventually, good fortune fell into Muhammad's lap and just as in Adolph Hitler's case, his persistence paid off. A group of feuding Arabs in Medina accepted him as their prophet. They hoped he could help them maintain peace. They eventually made a pledge to support Muhammad in war against the Quraysh. Now Muhammad knew he had an able and armed following. It was only when he had a following who could defend themselves, and his people were migrating north to Medina, and that he knew he was going to leave town, that suddenly "Allah" gave Muhammad his "revelation" to fight. Muhammad's circumstances changed, and Muhammad's Allah changed with them. Muhammad went from being only a "warner" to being an aggressor. After moving to Medina, Muhammad began to have conflict with the Jews and pagans in the area. I'll focus on several incidents, not necessarily in chronological order, that illustrate Muhammad as a terrorist.

The first terrorist incident involves Muhammad's command to his followers to "kill any Jew who comes under your power". The apostle said, "Kill any Jew who falls into your power." Thereupon Muhayyisa b. Masud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, 'You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?' Muhayyisa answered, 'Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off.'" This story is also supported in the Sunan of Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2996:

Narrated Muhayyisah: The Apostle of Allah said: If you gain a victory over the men of Jews, kill them. So Muhayyisah jumped over Shubaybah, a man of the Jewish merchants. He had close relations with them. He then killed him. At that time Huwayyisah (brother of Muhayyisah) had not embraced Islam. He was older than Muhayyisah. When he killed him, Huwayyisah beat him and said: O enemy of Allah, I swear by Allah, you have a good deal of fat in your belly from his property.
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
Thnx :D
Posted by Talib.ul-Ilm 3 years ago
No problem. Good luck to you too.
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
i understand your Muslim. I will respect that. I know what i did but i didn't mean to use it as part of my argument. I apologize for the misunderstanding. I'm sorry if i offended you. good luck. it was a pleasure debating you. once again i apologize.
Posted by Talib.ul-Ilm 3 years ago
Leojm. You copied and pasted from an anti-Islam website. That is disohonorable. Not only that, but you misrepresented Islam. As you saw, I said you must use the opinions of the Ulema as well. That also means their interpretation.
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
Oh exactly. One of the voters probably is ticked at me for loosing a debate against me so she is trying to get back at me. Revenge is wrong. Keep in mind what goes around comes around. From Now on, I'm going to really show my true debating side, when no one can beat me like in real life. I crush my opponents in real life. I'm In the Lincoln-Douglass debate. I debate topics that are hot right now. I really wasn't taking this website seriously but right now I am, cause I'm sick of being judged. I will be like a whole different person. I'm ready on anything that hits me. I will first finish all the debates that I'm debating then after all of them are finished I will start debating the subjects I'm good at. Good Luck everybody.
Posted by leojm 3 years ago
Forgot to use quotation marks! sorry but what ever! My opponent can win. Since I'm So bad at technology. Keep in mind though of all the attacks America has taken From the Muslims, I understand my opponent is Muslim and hopefully he understand the quran, Because it will be sad if he doesn't. Muslim terrorists hate Americans. So yeah. The thing i posted from a cite was not my argument it was just an example. So people who are voting do not look at that one if you don't want to.
Posted by Talib.ul-Ilm 3 years ago
But that's the thing, it's not even really their "interpretation" either. It comes down to two things, ignorance and revenge. They are either ignorant of the clear teachings, or they want revenge and they twist anything to suit their whims. But what I showed everyone can not be twisted, period. You're not allowed to target and kill women and children, that much is clear. There is a consensus sufficient enough to make this claim, because the teachings are clear, they are impossible to twist or put aside.

It's not different to the clear command to worship no other deity but God in both the Bible and the Qur'an. So a Christian or a Muslim begins to worship God, Shiva, Ra and Guan Yin. They are no longer Christian or Muslim, that is not Christianity or Islam, the consensus is clear.

The reason why terrorism comes about in Islam, is because of revenge. Muslims are livid about the suffering they have endeared, and they go about completely rejecting the clear rules of jihad, to kill innocent people. This is not allowed. These rules of war are as clear as the command to worship only one God, the God of Abraham. You really have no way around these rules of warfare. Terrorism is not allowed in Islam, period.
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
"YYW, sure, Islam calls for war with the kuffar, however that "war" has clear rules and codes that must be followed. Therefore what you see being done by al-Qaeda and the like is not in Islam. And I can show that without a doubt. If you feel otherwise, please feel free to accept the debate."

I don't feel anything. I offered a statement of tact. What "Islam" says or does is up to the interpretation of Muslims, who agree on some things, who disagree on others, and who in no way have arrived at a universal consensus sufficient to justify the claim that "Islam does not condone terrorism." That is not to say that all or even most muslims are terrorists, but some are, and they are because of their interpretation of the imperatives of the faith. Did they get it wrong? Perhaps in your view, they did. But it's your view v. theirs. Who is right? Hard to say.

I'm sure you'll win this debate because no one want's to be "that guy" who isn't "tolerant" of the minority faith, and because I doubt your opponent will be able t counter the arguments you offer. Your claim is, nevertheless, entirely too bold -for the reasons I've listed.
Posted by Talib.ul-Ilm 3 years ago
Look, I can copy and paste too...

Muslim apologist Hesheem already refuted this story:

Despite the fact that this story is mentioned in Sunan Abu Dawood, it is weak and unreliable. Concerning isnad (i.e. chain of reporters), this Hadith was narrated by servant of Zaid Ibn Thabet on authority of daughter of Muhayyisah. Servant of Zaid is Muhammad Ibn Ibi Muhammad and he is unreliable, and daughter of Muhayyisah is unknown. Concerning matn (i.e. text), it says that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) ordered to kill all Jews which is illogical even if Christian missionaries want to believe it! Because the Jews had a treaty with Muslims and there was no evidence that Muslims indulged in killing any Jew other than this Hadith. Moreover, Ibn Hesham himelf who edited the work of Ibn Ishaq suggests that the incident of Huwayyisah and Muhayyisah occurred during slaughter of Bani-Qurayzah, not after murder of Ka'b Needless to say, there is no such thing as "Kill any Jew that come under your power". (Source) As-Sirat-un-Nabawiyyah, Volume 3, page 18

He is not the only one who grades it as da'if, Shaikh Al-Albani does as well. There is a reason as to why the biography of Ibn Ishaq isn't considered infallible by learned scholars.
Posted by Talib.ul-Ilm 3 years ago
He copied and pasted it all, word for word.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: countering danielawesome12
Vote Placed by danielawesome12 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: yep.
Vote Placed by LotusNG 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Copy paste from pro for final round, plus doing almost nothing to support her cause in earlier rounds.