Aicha
Its_Jenvz

Islam VS. Sikhism

Aicha

Pro

In the name of Allah the most merciful and the most compassionate.
I start this debate wanting to know the truth behind Sikhism with out any hate, and I'd like to know what are the things that many people don't know about this religion and reasons to convert to the Sikhism as well.
So we will start this round by defining our own religion breifly yet clearly. In Islam we mainly believe that there is only one God and many different prophets and messengers of God and we believe that Mohammed (PBUH) is the last prophet sent by God, as muslims we believe in the day of judgement and also believe in heaven and hell.
Its_Jenvz

Con

A quarter of Muslims are terrorists. The biggest in any religion. Case closed
Aicha

Pro

The fact that you are judging a whole religion based on few extremists that may not even be Muslims doesn't mean that the case is closed, yet it means that you are a close minded person.
Then why don't you tell me why are there 1.7 billion people following Islam and why is Islam the fastest spreading religion? Does it mean that people now a days are seeking terrorism?
Its_Jenvz

Con

Islam is growing fast because most muslim mother have like 5 babies
Aicha

Pro

United States : According to many sources, more than 20000 Americans convert to Islam every year.

United Kingdom : Kevin Brice, a researcher at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, calculated that around 5,200 Britons turn to Islam every year, and that the total number of converts is about 100,000.

France : 4000-7000 Frenchman convert to Islam every year. There are about 150000-200,000 Muslim converts in France. Conversion rates have significantly increased (nearly doubled) after the Charlie Hebdo attack. An estimated 70,000 French citizens have converted to Islam in recent years, according to a report by France 3 public television.

Germany : More than 4000 Germans convert to Islam every year. There are around 100,000 converts to Islam in Germany.

Russia : Estimate is 5000-10000. There are about twenty million Muslims in Russia. Correct me if i am wrong.

Singapore : About 500 people convert to Islam each year. That has been the average since the 1990s, said the Muslim Converts' Association of Singapore.

Ireland : It is estimated that up to 500 Irish people convert to Islam every year. Islam is Ireland's fastest-growing religion, with the number of Muslims recorded in the 2011 Census " 48,130 " expected to reach 100,000 by 2020.

Spain : 2000-4000 Spanish convert to Islam every year. About 50000 people converted in recent years.

*And yet you're defending your point of you by stating that muslims have many kids?*
Its_Jenvz

Con

Muslims have the highest fertility rate of a religion of 2.9 children.
You said that many people are converting to Islam but have considered Muslims converting to other religions.

You have no sources either
Here is mine: http://www.pewresearch.org...
Posted by Ockham 5 months ago
Ockham
I can't vote on this, but I can give some advice to help you guys improve: You both need to practice citing your sources. If I was voting on this I would probably give the sources point to Con just because he cited something.
Posted by Adalman 6 months ago
Adalman
Wasn't so much a debate about the religions as it was a debate about whether muslims are inclined to terrorism. I would actually agree with that, because you cannot dismiss a quarter of a population being supportive of violent Jihad as "a few bad people". That's millions and millions of bad people, and says nothing about those who wouldn't answer. I'd give it to Jenvz, simply because that's objectively true, and they used sources. I would consider the debate itself a wash though, for not sticking to the guidelines.
Posted by Aicha 6 months ago
Aicha
Go for it, I've started the debate already.
Posted by Moelogy 6 months ago
Moelogy
Do Islam vs atheism. Ex-muslim here.