Toffee
vi_spex

Islam a peaceful religion

Toffee

Toffee

Pro

I challenge you, is islam peaceful? I say yes what about you? BTW get ready to lose
vi_spex

Con

you got nothing

allah=FEAR, of the punishment of pain and death by the hand of other muslims
Toffee

Pro

Mate, first learn about grammar before you attack Islam.

Firstly, you cannot say that Allah directly equals fear as it is not true because, yes Muslims should fear Allah but for the right reason. What I mean is that we should all do good and righteous deeds in order to get rewarded by Allah and the fear that we have is the fact that Allah is capable of doing anything including sending us to hell and sending us to heaven. This fear Muslims should have of Allah is one to drive them to do good deeds in order to go to heaven, you may see so-called Islamic terrorists in the media killing many people but they are going against the teachings of Islam. In fact the word 'Islam' is an Arabic word which literally translates to as "peace" therefore you can tell instantly that if they committing non-peaceful acts they cannot being following a religion called "peace". It's logic!

Good luck
King Toffee

PS: could you please capitalise the first a in Allah for respectable purposes
vi_spex

Con

you mean santa not allah

muslims have no choice but to follow islam, the penalty of leaving is death.. so they will say good things about it
Toffee

Pro

So you think that the penalty for leaving Islam is death huh? Well let me just clarify this is a false allegation as there is no evidence to prove this point of yours.

Also people will say good things about it as they are believers in their faith not because they are forced to

PS: What religion r u?
vi_spex

Con

its in the quran.. it also makes islam not a religion

i am not religious
Toffee

Pro

Once again you have not shown any evidence to back up your point, you can say that it is in the Quran but please tell me where it says (ie what chapter,verse) this because otherwise your argument is invalid because you will making up false statements linked with Islam.

Also you previously said that Muslims are forced to follow Islam well in the Quran it says "There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned." (chapter 2 verse 256) which shows that Islam is a religion which promotes freedom as well as peace and that no one is forced to follow it.

Finally I would like add that in the Quran it says : "Allah commands justice, the doing of good, and liberality to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion" (in chapter 16 verse 90). This verse clearly portrays the fact that Islam has peaceful teachings and this is just one of the many verses or sayings about Islam's peace.

Yours

King Toffee
vi_spex

Con

irrelevant..
Toffee

Pro

Mate, your the only thing here that's irrelevant.

But what is relevant is that Muhammad(peace be upon him) once said: "Do you know what is better than charity, fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations among people" This quotation shows how peaceful the founder of Islam was and that quotation resonates with many Islamic teachings and this proves that Islam is an extremely peaceful religion.

Thanks
Toffee
vi_spex

Con

islam is terrorism, and pedophilia.. you pedophile
Posted by Toffee 9 months ago
Toffee
sure I'll send you a request on the same topic
Posted by ChaseE 9 months ago
ChaseE
Look, I still am not at all convinced that Islam is peaceful. So if you don't mind, Toffee, we could have a debate on the subject. An actual debate, where you have someone providing legitimate evidence, not ad hominem. What do you say?

Furthermore, I don't think Trump is racist. I think he is inflammatory, but he isn't racist.
Posted by Toffee 9 months ago
Toffee
Dear gamefreak23788,

Thanks for your comment but I have to settle something. Even though I agree many Islamic theocracies follow the Sharia law and that these theocracies believe that the punishment for apostasy is death, it is incorrect and was misinterpreted by the Islamic theocracies . What is meant by this, is that just like ISIS is going against many teachings of Islam many Islamic countries are too because the killing of an apostate is one of such erroneous trends and baseless convictions. In fact, this menacing tenet is based neither on the Qur"an nor on the practice of the Prophet (peace be upon him) of Islam. It was merely a political idea invented with the help of some biased ulema(body of Muslim scholars), and used by many rulers to grind their political axe.

PS:could you please display evidence that Muhammad(peacebeuponhim) "was a warlord"

Thanks
Toffee
Posted by Toffee 9 months ago
Toffee
Thank your for your vote ChaseE! Also I was talking about Donald Trump being racist to Mexicans.
Posted by ChaseE 9 months ago
ChaseE
Islam is a religion, an abstract set of beliefs. Race is something tangible and concrete. Therefore, Islam is not a race. Wrong answer, clock to try again.
Posted by Toffee 9 months ago
Toffee
Thank you for your support Youngastronomer and as for you ChaseE why don't you let me know when Donald Trump stops being racist.
Posted by ChaseE 9 months ago
ChaseE
Youngastronomer, you let me know when ISIS ends its war on the infidels.
Posted by Youngastronomer 9 months ago
Youngastronomer
"It's also worth noting Islam is really the only major religion that promotes holy war, jihad. Shiite Muslims also are very hostile to women and homosexuals"

What in the world is "Holy War"? Jihad simply means "struggle" or struggling to protect the oppressed. The least good Jihad is war, the best Jihad is trying to be good again (fighting the jinns and demons inside you). "Holy War" is clearly a made up term just to lie and take Islam down then claim we use taqiyya when disproving most misconceptions.
Posted by gamefreak23788 9 months ago
gamefreak23788
I will say the fact that I am already a little biased, but I'll be as objective as I can. It is obvious Toffee took more time and effort in this debate and was very formal. But a few of his arguments were somewhat, non-sequiturs. For example he many times made counter arguments that explained why or how vi_spex's arguments manifest, not necessarily how they are untrue, making them arbitrary/irrelevant.

"So you think that the penalty for leaving Islam is death huh?" Yes, most Islamic Theocracies nowadays follow Sharia Law, which condemns people to death for apostasy, which is more than immoral. And historically Mohammid was a warlord so......
Posted by Spud 9 months ago
Spud
If Islam is peaceful, then Vlad III of Wallachia was a pacifist lol.
Vote Placed by ChaseE 9 months ago
ChaseE
Toffeevi_spexTied
Reasons for voting decision: Before this debate, I did not believe Islam was a peaceful religion. Hearing about ISIS and Al-Qauda and all the other Radical Islamic terrorist groups didn't help reinforce their peaceful tenets in my mind. But based on the debate, I believe Pro offered better evidence to support his position, whereas Con's statements were along the lines of "Not true," without offering any evidence of his own. Pro's conduct was arrogant, but Con's was condescending and spiteful. For that, I give them a tie, because I thought neither Pro nor Con was mature in the debate. Pro definitely had better spelling and grammar, without a doubt. Pro made more convincing arguments than Con. Pro's evidence quoted the Koran, whereas Con offered no evidence whatsoever. Pro was the only one who used sources, which was the Koran. While my personal beliefs on the matter are unchanged, it is clear to me based on this debate that the winner is Pro.