jmaas
zeromeansnothing

Islam becoming the dominant religion in the upcoming years

jmaas

Pro

Many people, specifically the United States (where I'm from), have a massive bias against Islams. I find that there is a distinct difference between being Islamic and being an extremist. It makes sense for people to hate Islam, especially when you consider the terrorist attack of 9/11, and not to mention the Boston bombing, the terrorism in France, etc. I guess what I am trying to say is, aren't we being to harsh on the religion itself? I have studied the Islamic religion and its origins all the way back to its founding by Muhammad. I don't remember the prophet Muhammad saying "let us slaughter all who appose us" or "let us strap bombs to our chests in the name of Ala". Muhammad was very much like Jesus Christ, he taught, prophesied, and spread goodwill and love. I was reading that only around 8% of Muslims believe in extremism. So why are we clumping in the other 92%? Didn't Christianity and Islam both stem from the same source, Abraham of old? I believe it could be argued that Ala is the same god as the one Christians believe in. There isn't much difference between the two religions, only that in the beginning they were separated from one another. One could also argue that Christianity throughout history has caused more death than all of the extremists of Islam have done all together. So I therefore think it is unprecedented for us to judge so harshly a religion that has nothing to do with the unnecessary deaths of innocent people. They say that Islam will become the major religion of the world, overtaking Christianity. I say that is just fine, there isn't much difference, and the people are for the most part good. Besides, hasn't Christianity been in the spotlight long enough? I have the same feeling when people say blacks are going to out number white people in the future...So what!? There is no reason the be angry about that. Change is a good thing in most cases, and if there is no reason to believe otherwise, then I choose to look to the good of anything before passing judgement.
zeromeansnothing

Con

Hi jmaas,

There is little chance of Islam becoming the dominant religion of the future.

Islam is retroism to the extreme. It attempts to make the human race go backwards. Humans are not for turning.
Islam is a tribal desert religion which preaches nonsense. It puts half of the worlds population into submissive bondage because of its masculine dominance. If this religion is to become dominant it will only occur if the following conditions exist, ie poverty, famine, war and global destruction. In such circumstances the poor and hapless might flock to this Neolithic cave for sanctuary.

You must explain to us what the global benefits of this thing actually are.
You must explain why a Hell doctrine in 2016 is not to be ridiculed.
Listen to me, you are young, get a hobby. Climb a mountain or take up gardening. You should not waste your breath advertising this perversion IMHO
jmaas

Pro

None of the reasons you stated are why it is becoming the most populous religion (or more specifically why it is not according to your argument), and it IS becoming the most populous religion. It is currently the second largest religion trailing Christianity. According to the Pew Research Center, Muslims will outnumber Christians by 2070, and not for the reasons you said, but interestingly, for the reason of fertility. Islam is projected to grow more than twice as fast as any other religion due to their high number of people being born into Islam.

As to you stating that Islam is a tribal desert religion that preaches nonsense, I disagree. I would highly suggest you read the principles that Islam is founded on (equivalent to the 10 commandments in Christianity) and if you have the time, the teachings of Muhammad. You'll find that the principles are the same as the Bibles, that is, what Jesus Christ teaches, which are moral principles such as love others, be gracious, be honest, etc. They are principles that you can find in a child's story book, but they remain good principles that help us live better lives, which I'd say is anything but "nonsense" as you stated.

You are right though, if the world becomes impoverished, or if famine occurs, etc then of course human beings will flock to religion to gain some relief from their suffering, they always do. But, from what the numbers show, people are not flocking to Islam because of the destruction of earth, no, in fact they are flocking to that religion for their own spiritual purposes, just as people flock to Christianity. I feel you are being naive on the subject matter and need to study up a bit on the history of Islam.
zeromeansnothing

Con

Hi jmaas,

With the greatest of respect, jmaas. How could you deduce from my submission that I am in need of further reading on Islam? Is it because I reject it as nonsense? Can an Islamic scholar not conclude that the stuff is worthless? Can they not achieve this state of wisdom? I know alot more about the different sects of Islam than you might imagine.

For starter,you might like to explain why this 'wonderful thing' is so fractured and hostile to itself. Explain this if you can. One crowd belief that the secular administration of Islam is to be done by succession from the Mohammad family while the other expounds the virtue of local democratic succession within their priesthood. They both hate and despise each other to the point of violence and bloodshed in many of the countries of the Middle East. Are you going to tell me that Catholics and Protestants do/did the same. Is this the logic of your submission, ie that the others are as bad or worse. Is this the weakness of what you are about. Why do Shias and Sunni Muslims hate each other. More importantly, in you opinion , which of them is correct in their religious understanding about Islam. Which side are you on.

If you cannot answer the above then there is little point in you advertising 'the wares' of this antique garbage. You make the point yourself in comments when you attempt to defend Islam by mentioning the horrors of Catholicism in the middle ages. That is something wonderful to be going forward with into the future. It is better than witch burning. Wow! I do not want to have anything to do with a third world religion that turns women into domestic possessions and sex and procreation into a cloak and dagger undertaking . I will take my chances with a 'bunny ranch' any time. (At least it is transparent in its intent) I am male and I consider the female in all their forms to be beautiful and interesting. I consider them as complete humans just as myself and I refuse to dictate wisdom to them. I refuse to regard their demeanour as 'sinful' in any way and I reject the necessity for religious intervention in the area of human sexuality. Just because a young woman is 'topless' on a beach does not mean that I am going to jump her. Her skin is the same as mine and her youth is to be admired. Do you want these women in black tents, jmaas. Why is this the preaching of Islam.

Islam despises the west and all its many perversions, while simultaneously using its technology to advance its influence. Islam is nuclear, it is internet savvy and it is ambitious within the laws of capitalism. It wants it's cake and eat it and it does all this on 'God be good to Him' waffle. Give us all a break and stop defending this 'fraud'. Thanks.
jmaas

Pro

Okay, I think we've gone off the rails here a little bit. I have said nothing of women's rights, sexual abuse, or witch burning...

You asked me in your last debate "how could I deduce from your submission that you are in need of further reading on Islam?", and perhaps I put that a bit poorly and I apologize for that. I was hoping you would read the principles that Islam was founded on, and the teachings of Muhammad, both of which I do not know if you have taken the time to study. I do not doubt your abilities as a scholar or your knowledge. I'll put the link below to the Five Pillars of Islam (their 10 commandments so to speak) in case you did not know:

https://www.saudiembassy.net...

My original debate was if it is a good idea or not for Islam to become the dominant religion within the next 50 years. I do not intend to go off on tangents such as women's rights or sex exchange. I understand that is happening, but what I am interested in is numbers and statistics. And thank you for letting me go further with a comparison with Christianity, because it is so easy to compare the two. For instance, If we were talking about Christianity instead of Islam, I would not want to dwell on the Westboro Baptist Church and their fowl deeds when we have the rest of the Christian population to consider. That is the sentiment I intend to dwell on, not a cluster of people within a larger group, but the larger group itself. Islam as a larger group are a good and wonderful people, just as you said Christianity is. That is the point I am after.

Now, to be fair, I did say that Christianity has done some pretty foul things throughout time, and that is true. I was merely trying to put into perspective that the entirety of Islam is not dangerous or have twisted idealism. We cannot cluster an entire body of people into a throw off sect.

And please site your sources, I certainly have. I'd like to see proof to back up your statement saying that most of Islam is dangerous.
zeromeansnothing

Con

Hi jmaas,

If you are unwilling or unable to answer any of my questions then that is as it is.

Islam is divided and it will implode on itself just as Christianity did in the past. It will proliferate into a plethora of inbred cousins who will be competitive and hostile to each other. This will be global in terms of the noise of their disputes but not in terms of influence. Catholicism will remain the worlds dominant religion of choice and it is more likely to be attractive to the great unwashed in the future. I will not be participating in any of these shenanigans and I would advise all secular States to be firm in their stances against religious infractions against our basic human freedoms.

This Utopian Islam that you hallucinate about does not exist in reality and it never will.

I enjoyed talking to you and I thank you for your time.
Posted by jmaas 11 months ago
jmaas
No problem zeromeansnothing. I have learned a lot from this debate and I hope you have too. You have been a champ.
Posted by zeromeansnothing 11 months ago
zeromeansnothing
jmaas states 'Muslims (meaning all Muslims, all denominations) are going to outnumber all Christians (all denominations) in 50 years.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi jmaas, it is a little bit more than that. You stated......

jmaas:' My original debate was if it is a good idea or not for Islam to become the dominant religion within the next 50 years'

My answer is definitely not. It would herald a step back to the Dark Ages for us all. IMHO

Thank you for your time on this
Posted by jmaas 11 months ago
jmaas
Did I say they were the same? Read my messages carefully zeromeansnothing...

"They are two different denominations, but both are under the same religious beliefs with a few differences"

That is an exact quote.

It's not a matter of which kind of Muslim I think is best, the topic of this discussion is that Muslims (meaning all Muslims, all denominations) are going to outnumber all Christians (all denominations) in 50 years.
zeromeansnothing
If you want to be a Christian then you pick a type, ie if you like Our Lady you become a Catholic and you visit Lourdes. Which kind of Muslim do you think is best. If they are all the same then that is like saying Chinese people are indistinguishable from each other.Do you think that Allah's rule should be perpetuated by succession or by democratic means. I couldn't care less but you are the person defending this stuff. Now you tell me that they all appear the same to you.?? Are Mormons the same as Catholics? Yes they are if you distance yourself from their bewildering revelations. Is this what you are doing with Islam? Are you as neutral on this issue as your rhetoric suggests. I think that you no more want Islam than I do.
Posted by jmaas 11 months ago
jmaas
Sunni and Shiites are both Muslim...Why are you categorizing them separately? They are two different denominations, but both are under the same religious beliefs with a few differences. You are doing the same thing with Cathoics when you say there are 1.1 billion Catholics, well you need to take into consideration all of the other denominations that are considered Christian. So, no, it does not appear that Islam is bigger that Christianity...Not yet anyway.
zeromeansnothing
Christians number 2.2 billion, or about one-in-three (32%) people worldwide. About half of all Christians are Catholic (50%)
Muslims number 1.6 billion, representing 23% of all people worldwide. There are two major branches of Islam " Sunni and Shia. The overwhelming majority (87-90%) of Muslims are Sunnis

http://www.pewforum.org...

Do the maths here jmaas, 1.1 billion Catholics and 1.3 billion Sunnis . It would appear that they already are the largest religious denomination. Do you want to live in any country that is dominated by this group? If so then pick one.
Posted by jmaas 11 months ago
jmaas
8% of Islam is extremist or kill. I don't care if 49% harbor anti-semetic attitudes, what I care about are the 8% who are doing things under the name of anti-semetic attitudes. You could argue that in the U.S. alone there are just as many racists, but that doesn't mean they are completely bad people, heck my grandma was a bit racist!, For the most part people keep their views to themselves and don't let it cause violence. But once racism starts becoming violent, that is when there is a problem. So, considering that only 8% of people are Islamic extremists, I feel with my very soul that Islamics are overly feared and misjudged. The fact that Islam is going to be the dominant religion in 50 years (as projected) I feel that that isn't such a bad thing because I believe in the good of people and have seen the numbers showing the real side of Islam. The news and the media make it out to be all of Islam being vicious, and it just isn't true.
zeromeansnothing
anti-semitic= anti-Jew= Intolerance and Hate towards a minority
Posted by jmaas 11 months ago
jmaas
Can you please explain anti-semitic? Do you mean towards the US? The Jews? Anti Semitic usually means towards Jews, but can just mean to be racist. Please be more specific.
zeromeansnothing
Hi jmaas,

'Among Muslims, which comprise 22.7 percent of the world population, 49 percent harbor anti-Semitic attitudes. In MENA, the number of Muslims holding anti-Semitic attitudes is 75 percent.'

http://www.adl.org...

Statistics such as the above point to the weak, reactionary nature of Islamic dogma and not towards its suitability as an agent for common good, going forward. Are you anti-Semitic? I certainly am not, neither am I anti-Muslim or anti-Christian for that matter. I am anti-Religion because of the insidious effect it has on good people who allow it to influence their judgements towards perversion.