Islam does not promote peace

my position will be that islam does not promote peace or non violence.

round 1: acceptance
round 2: debate
round 3: debate
round 4: conclusion

Hi, I am not Islamic, though I accept this "debate".

this is a passage from the quran.

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not"

here is another.

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

passages such as these cant be ignored and disregarded. we cant just accept the lie that its the religion of peace because the quran disproves that notion.

Your argument isn't that Islam promotes warfare, it's that Islam doesn't promote peace. Islam in fact does promote both. Though contradictory it may sound, different passages pertain to different ideology within the Muslim faith.
Also, the passages relating to war were brought in during the holy wars, before that, you couldn't really ask this question.
For the most part, they just didn't take it back out when the holy wars ended.
If you want to change it to "Islam promotes war". then I guess we could argue interpretation of the Quran's text.
But you'd be right in that regard anyway.

con never refuted my last point so I will continue my argument from round 2. I will also add a few more passages from the quran to prove my point farther. - "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme." Quran (9:111)

"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."Quran (9:123)

lmao, Pro doesn't even know what he's talking about. His own reference material has nothing to do with whether Islam promotes peace or not. As I said before, if you're trying to argue if it promotes war, you have to specific, otherwise, we are debating different things, and we're getting nowhere, please stop.

you aren't addressing the points im making. im saying Islam doesn't promote peace or non violence and passages of the book where its promoting violence and war prove that it doesn't promote peace and passages ordering violence prove my point. you failed to prove Islam does promote peace and never addressed any of my points.

vote pro

This guy is mentally challenged, I don't care if I win a debate, I'm just trying to help the world understand logic and reasoning. How exactly would some passages that promote war prove that the quran in total doesn't promote peace, I don't know. But I guess irrational thinking is what the mentally challenged do best.
Posted by Relativist 2 years ago
@leonitus2464 "the debate isn't about Muslims themselves its about their religion Islam. also if im just cherrypicking what passages say the opposite of the ones i used in the debate."

Its up to your intrepretation. I would recommend reading this debate, it's quite a good one.
Posted by leonitus2464 2 years ago
You provided no sources no quotes from the Quran no justification for your side and you calling me a moron. All you did was avoid trying to address my points and call me stupid. Your a moron quit acting like a b***h.
Posted by JacobDoe 2 years ago
Everyone on this site is a moron. If Sherlock Holmes was real, he would spit on all of you. Even if that is irrational, he'd make the exception for your stupidity.
Posted by leonitus2464 2 years ago
the debate isn't about Muslims themselves its about their religion Islam. also if im just cherrypicking what passages say the opposite of the ones i used in the debate.
Posted by Relativist 2 years ago
There are historical backgrounds, text analysis to be taken into a/c. What a way to go at cherry picking. I guess the Islamic veil might still be stigmatized no matter what regardless of how 'muslims feel about it'.
Posted by TheMatindo 2 years ago
Argument Accepted!
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Of course it doesn't. Nobody truly of peace ever uses the term "peace". They live it.
Vote Placed by The_Gatherer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a good case and argued his point, using quotes from the source text of the Islamic religion. Con attempted to argue a completely different point, and made no case to refute Pro's points.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con provided instances to affirm the resolution by providing passages which Con did tried to refute but without actual sources, the argument leans towards Pro. The vote is simple, Pro provided verses to affirm the resolution, Con did not provide verses to negate the resolution. This lacking criteria is why Con lost the debate.