Rjupudi18
fernandito_chiquito

Islam is NOT a religion of peace

fernandito_chiquito has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Rjupudi18

Pro

Islam is not a religion of peace.
fernandito_chiquito

Con

Even though I am not religious in any way, I will stand to debate on absurd comments made on things that seem different due to the media and press. What you posted is literally a sentence that is itself, a flaw. There is no reasoning, no evidence, and no bias, not even personal opinions or reasons to conclude that Islam is not a religion of peace. Islam is literally the word for peace and its religion is full of many people that are as nice and dedicated as someone you would see in a Christian church or Catholic church. Anyways I'm tired right now and I have already clarified my thesis, so I will just say that I accept your challenge.
Rjupudi18

Pro

You failed to understand my argument. I didn't say Muslims aren't peaceful. I said ISLAM is not peaceful. There are many wonderful Muslims out there many of which are my personal friends. However, in any religion, the adherents don't necessarily represent the beliefs of that religion. While most Muslims aren't extremists, those that are unfortunately represent the true face of Islam. The Quran, Islam's holy book and scriptural reference is a book of violence and hatred. The Quran contains more than 109 verses of violence commanding Muslims to wage war on infidels. I could list all of them but it would exceed the word limit in this argument. Refer to the link below to see all the wonderful verses in the "religion of peace". The Quran instigates hate in the heart of Muslims towards nonbelievers. It is in many ways similar to Mein Kampf (The Autobiography of Adolf Hitler). One interesting thing to note is that if you translate Mein Kampf into Arabic, it would read 'My Jihad'. The Quran puts forth a belief that Muslims are a superior class of human beings and all others are pigs and worthless. The reason many Muslims believe Islam is peaceful is because they're taught that by their parents and the never bother to read the Quran and actually understand it. Most Muslims I know recite the Quran in Arabic having no clue what the words mean. I urge every Muslim to read the Quran in English or another language they understand. As for Islamic extremism, the radicals don't represent the majority of peaceful Muslims but they do represent Islam. Did you know that according to the Quran, the peaceful Muslims are all going to Hell because they're not fighting for the cause of Allah and killing infidels. Islam means "submission": submitting to the rule of Islam. Islamic terrorists are thriving because they use the Quran to support their cause. The Quran validates their atrocities. On the other hand, it is hard for someone to kill in the name of Christianity without violating the teachings of Christ because Christ never taught violence or hatred. If you're a Muslim wanting to live peacefully, live a life of freedom and don't want to spend your life fighting others, then Islam is not the religion for you.
Quran's Verses of Violence: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...
fernandito_chiquito

Con

I understand your argument and yes, there is text in the Quran that says to fight against non Islamic's to convert them, but the founder of Islam Muhammad Ali, believed in peace and didn't have any problems with people living in his land such as Jews, Christians, and Muslims because what they believed in had the same aspect as Islam, and every religion has its extremists and its history. For example, when Christianity rose, the Roman Catholics waged war on neighboring European countries to convert them, and thousands were slaughtered; another violent act committed by Christians is the Crusades that occurred. They may have been a complete failure, but thousands died for a cause that never succeeded.

There are thousands of people who have completely dedicated themselves to Islam and Allah, and can read and speak in Arabic. These are people who fast and pray so much you can see their cheekbones. If Islam really were a religion of violence as you say it is, don't you think that there would have been a lot of riots by now caused by these people? ISIS members haven't dedicated themselves so much as these people have, and were probably some Islamic people that took this text way to seriously, but all these crimes they have committed don't give them any philosophical experiences besides maybe a desire to kill more people.
Rjupudi18

Pro

I'm not entirely sure who Muhammad Ali is (other than the boxer). As far as I'm aware, Islam's founder is prophet Muhammad (570-632). I agree with your second statement that there are extremists in every religion including Christianity. However, the problem arises when you ask yourself if these extremists are being faithful to their religion. Historically speaking, the Crusades weren't an act of aggression. They were an act of retaliation against Islamic conquerors during the time. Even so, those involved in the Crusades do not represent Christianity because they lie in dire contrast to the teaching of Christ. Jesus never taught His followers to wage war or even take up arms. On the contrary, Lord Jesus Christ taught us to love even those who hate us and pray for those who persecute us.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." - Matthew 5:44

"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." - 1 Peter 3:9

When Muslims are killing in the name of Islam, they are obeying the commandments of Allah. Most Muslims are peaceful people. Islam, on the other hand, is not peaceful. Again, Muslims don't represent Islam. The Quran, the Hadith, and the actions and teachings of Muhammad represent the true face of Islam. In my opinion, if peaceful Muslims truly want peace, they should accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and follow His teachings of unconditional love rather than the violent teachings of the Quran and Muhammad. The Bible teaches love and mercy. The Quran teaches violence and hate. It is up to the individual to decide which is truly comes from God.
Posted by Applesaucy 1 month ago
Applesaucy
There aren't any real religious of peace. Looking into the bible you can find just as much violence and hate as the Qur'an.