AKMath
IvantheAmerican

Islam is a Bad Religion.

IvantheAmerican has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

AKMath

Pro

Islam is a Bad Religion | Prove Me Wrong
IvantheAmerican

Con

This is a silly premise for an argument, but Let's Do it.

What, pray tell, makes a "bad" religion?

Is it because the object of the belief? That is, Satanism and Ba'al Worship are "bad" because Satan and Ba'al are "bad"?
Is it because of the actions of those who follow that belief? i.e. communism is bad because communists do bad things.
Maybe it's because the things that the believers actually believe are bad, the way that someone might argue that "racism is bad because racist beliefs are bad"
Or maybe it's bad because it's illogical, as in, "You believe that tacos can fly? that's a "bad" belief?"

Until you define bad the debate is going to go nowhere fast. But, for the sake of playing the game, I'll bite.

Islam is not a "bad" religion.

I'll define badness as causing a net destruction and harm within a population. The thing that ISIS does.
If a religion is "bad" it will do just that. The Heaven's Gate Cult, for example, had 39 members, including it's leaders, commit suicide. That's some destruction, but, the only ones who died were members of their group. So while I might argue that HG was harmful to the health of the membership, it wasn't really... "capital B" Bad. Now There are currently 1.8 Billion Muslims. IF 99% of them were good, you'd have 18 million bad ones. or 99.99% good equals 180,000 bad ones. That's a very small number of adherents compared to the over all number. Intelligence estimates say that around around 300,000 are at risk of being radicalized. Only 5,000 Europeans have gone to Syria to join ISIS. so we are looking at a very small number of very dangerous people. Around 2 for every 10,000 people are at risk of being brainwashed into violence.
AKMath

Pro

I disagree. My main problem is that more than 50% of Muslims are radical Muslims. This includes about 2.2 million radical muslims in America. These people include people who believe ISIS is okay, 9/11 was okay, honor killings of women are okay, and sharia law should be the law of the land. Now into the actual religion. In Surah (3:151) it states all people who don't subject to Islam are not innocent. Surah (9:123) says that anyone who isn't muslim shall be killed. Muhammed was also a very bad guy. He hung two girls for singing satirical songs about him Hisham (819). He also married a 12 year old and sexually abused her. He also married 3 times. In Quran (8:39) it says again to kill all non believers. And finally about looks. I don't think women should wear hijabs, burkas, etc. because it was made to oppress women by Muhammed. I hope you see where I'm coming from.
https://www.youtube.com......
https://www.youtube.com......
Posted by Percivil 1 week ago
Percivil
Pro:What if I told you christians were the first terrorists during the crusades? Are you going to say christianity is a bad religion as well?
Posted by ArguingPerson123 1 week ago
ArguingPerson123
Even though other religions have terrorist groups, it's funny how people say Islam is a nice religion when tons of people who are "following The Quran's word" and killing Westerners.