Islam is a barbaric religion.

(My first debate on this site so I can't wait!)

Islam is not a barbaric religion, right wing politicians like to call it that. So many people have adopted that saying, "Islam is a barbaric religion based off of murder rape and pedophilia." I would like to say that is completely false and I wish to accept anyone willing to debate this with me.

Please no flaming.

I accept your challenge.

I do feel Islam is a barbaric religion. But I have to make this clear, I don't consider every Muslim a violent or terrorist.
For starter
Tabari 9:69 "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us" The words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.

To start, you say it is a barbaric religion. Yet you don't consider every Muslim to be violent? You just contradicted yourself.
Then you quote a Hadith, which you failed to source. Even if you sourced it, it would have to be verified by an educated Islamic scholar. Not a random person who is not even a Muslim. It is not even consistent with the Quran.

I didn't contradict my statement. I simply distanced a group of people within Muslim community from my criticism, key word in my statement was 'every'. I have to note that you are right, I quoted Hadith.

Since you mentioned rape and pedophilia, I have to ask, is it barbaric enough to sanction rape of innocent children?

The above link is just to state the fact that Prophet Muhammad had sex (raped) with a 9 year old girl, a tradition which is still carried under Islamic countries.

Question is what makes Islam a barbaric religion? Islamic preaching have blatant disregard toward human right, security or peace itself.Sharia is a prime example for Islamic violence.Derived from Quran and Hadith,Sharia is considered in Islam as infallible law of God. Public executions , stoning to death are common practices under Islamic law.
Since you are defending Islam not being barbaric I would love to hear your thoughts on Sharia, how it originated? what does it stand for?

Barbaric- savagely cruel; exceedingly brutal.

You say that the religion is violent, yet the people who follow it are not violent?

1.) The video you sent me is a Shaykh from Saudi Arabia I believe. In Saudi Arabia, they still have beheading for apostasy and have implemented, "Sharia Law." Saudi Arabia practices a extreme form of belief called Wahhabism I agree with you, that these guys are absolutely crazy and out of their minds. Though I don't understand, is why you label the the actual religion as violent, instead of the actual people.

I would not say rape, because this did take place over 1000 years ago. Standards are a lot different in in the Middle East over 1000 years ago. You can't compare the two.

Can you provide evidence that Sharia Law is actually a thing? I know it is implemented in many countries, but that does not support the fact that the religion itself is violent. Sharia was created by people, it's not even in the Quran. I want you to tell me where it comes from, if you say it comes out of religion.

Why is the entire religion generalized because some people, choose to live in a way that is completely different from western society?

SumitM forfeited this round.

SumitM forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 10 months ago
Vote Placed by Ramshutu 10 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit