peacenik
rosie445

Islam is a false religion

peacenik

Pro

Muhammad died of poison. Why did god not protect him?

During Expedition of Banu Nadir, Muhammad attacked some jews claiming they tried to assassinate him. He also claimed that god protected him from the assassination by telling him of the plot. Apparently they wanted to throw a large boulder on Muhammad and kill him.

He made up a lie against the jews to wage war and take their land, but suppose it was true. Then tell me why God did not protect him from these same jews a second time?

"A Jewess presented him (Muhammad) at Khaybar with a roasted sheep which she had poisoned. The Messenger of Allah (A018;) ate of it and the people also ate.
He then said: Take away your hands (from the food), for it has informed me that it is poisoned. Bishr ibn al-Bara' ibn Ma'rur al-Ansari died.
So he (the Prophet) sent for the Jewess (and said to her): What motivated you to do the work you have done?
She said: **If you were a prophet, it would not harm you**; but if you were a king, I should rid the people of you. The Messenger of Allah (A018;) then ordered regarding her and she was killed. He then said about the pain of which he died"
[Sunan Abi Dawud 4512]
Source: http://sunnah.com...

Notice the quote **If you were a prophet, it would not harm you**
rosie445

Con

Not trying to be a jerk.. but seriously man how stupid can you be. Your reason is completely crazy! Islam is not a false religion. Number one lets start with the basics. What exactly is a religion? Religion is the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
"consumerism is the new religion"
I got this definition for dictionary.com.
The definition above clarifies Islam is a religion
Saying islam is not a religion is like saying judaism or christianity is not a religion. Why hasn't Jesus returned yet like christians have been saying for 1 thousand years? That must mean christianity is not a religion. WRONG. Of course christianity is a religion as is judaism, islam and any other beliefs where a group of people worship something.
peacenik

Pro

What I mean is that it is not a true religion or a religion from God. Muhammad died of poison. Why did god not protect him?

He then said: Take away your hands (from the food), for **it has informed me that it is poisoned**. Bishr ibn al-Bara' ibn Ma'rur al-Ansari died.
[Sunan Abi Dawud 4512]
Source: http://sunnah.com...

Notice the quote
**If you were a prophet, it would not harm you**
and
**it has informed me that it is poisoned**, why would god want Muhammad to die of Poison? So that we can question it today?
rosie445

Con

rosie445 forfeited this round.
peacenik

Pro

peacenik forfeited this round.
rosie445

Con

rosie445 forfeited this round.
Posted by shalal12 1 year ago
shalal12
@ peacenik ,

I suggest you to change your method when doing research about Islam. You have a narrow view of Hadith. If all the Ahdith (plural of Hadith) were true and Authentic, we didnt have so many sects and subsects in Islam. There are many Ahadith which are regarded as Sahih by Sunni brothers and are rejected by Shia Muslims. The death of Fatimah (sa) and Muhammad (pbuh), for example. We Shia Muslims believe that Fatimah was killed and they believe that she passed away.

Shia Muslims also give a probability that Muhammad was poisoned, however, Sunni Muslims say he passed away (although there are some Ahadith in their books which contradicts each other).

Muhammad (pbuh) was NOT poisoned in Khaybar War, although the Jewish woman attempted to poison him. Muhammad got it before he ate it and one of the companions died. He also accepted her justification when she said : "If you were a true prophet you would know it". He let her go according to some Ahadith.

You can debate me on any topic about Islam.
good luck
Posted by Stealthy-Ninja 1 year ago
Stealthy-Ninja
Pro's premise is hilarious. I'm pretty sure he didn't die from poison.
Posted by OiOiOi 1 year ago
OiOiOi
First of all Muhammad did not die of poison, he died of natural causes. I would just like to state that when doing research about Islam you must use proper sources.
Posted by NNEye 1 year ago
NNEye
Because you didn't, you quite easily lost on a technicality.
Posted by NNEye 1 year ago
NNEye
Peacenik, you should have defined the terms of the debate, i.e. be specific in what you were trying to argue. A better resolution would have been "Islam is not true" or "Islam did not come from God." "Islam is a fake religion" quite easily implies a debate over what constitutes a religion.
Posted by peacenik 1 year ago
peacenik
This is quite stupid.

I dont like playing semantics.

What I mean is that Islam is a fake religion and not a true religion and that was clear from my text.

Why did you try to be clever and go into semantics? That is not even what I intend to debate.