naany
KuriouserNKuriouser

Islam is a peaceful religion

KuriouserNKuriouser

naany

Pro

nowadays many people think that Islam is a religion of terrorism ,a religion of war,they think that every Muslim is a terrorist .but that is a big misunderstanding of Islam because Islam is a religion of peace ,a religion of love and a religion which servers all the human needs and protects them.
KuriouserNKuriouser

Con

Thank you to my opponent for beginning this debate and allowing me to participate. In order to win I have to show that Islam is not a peaceful religion.

Islam- "a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion articulated by the Qur'an, a text considered by its adherents to be the verbatim word of God, and by the teachings and normative example (called the Sunnah and composed of Hadith) of Muhammad, considered by them to be the last prophet of God. An adherent of Islam is called a Muslim (1)."

Peaceful- Inclined or disposed to peace; peaceable. 3. Of or characteristic of a condition of peace (2).

Peace- The absence of war or other hostilities. Freedom from quarrels and disagreement; harmonious relations (i.e. roommates living in peace with each other.) (3).

Religion 1. a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe. b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship (4).

The prophet Muhammad founded the religion of Islam and immediately set out to spread the religion through wars of conquest. This movement met with such success that they became an Empire that used military conquest to spread Islam throughout what is now the Middle East, North Africa, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia. This was all accomplished through military invasion of other people (5).

Far from being a peaceful religion, Islam has been a religion of war, conquest, and dissent from its early beginnings.

(1)http://en.wikipedia.org...
(2)http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
(3)http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
(4)http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
(5)http://library.thinkquest.org...
naany

Pro

naany forfeited this round.
KuriouserNKuriouser

Con

Not only can we see in its history that Islam was born out of and spread through violence, we can simply look in the texts upon which the religion is founded upon as their code and example for how to live in this life. We can also see how these teachings encourage great violence in followers of Islam today. Muslims are encouraged to follow the example of the Prophet Muhammad:

"Allah says: “You have indeed in Allah’s Messenger an excellent pattern of conduct for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and who engages much in the praise of Allah” (9).

The life and sayings of the prophet are recorded in the Hadith, which are texts used to supplement the Koran for Muslims to follow as a perfect example

There are 43 cases in the Koran or the Hadith where the prophet Muhammad ordered or supported the killing and sometimes the torture or beheading of other individuals. These include apostates (a Muslim who leaves the faith of Islam) as well as many cases of poets who opposed the prophet in their writing and people who insulted the prophet in one way or another (6). Thus, when we read in the paper of violence being committed in the name of Islam due to someone insulting the prophet, the Koran, etc. it is not without precedent. Muslims use the example of the prophet found in the Hadith as justification for how they are to live now. I have shown that there are many cases where the prophet ordered or condoned violence and death on others simply for reading or writing a poem about him. Is it any wonder we still see the same today?

After a Danish newspaper published cartoons of the prophet Muhammad violent demonstrations broke out throughout much of the Muslim world leading to the deaths of more than 100 people, the bombing of the Danish Embassy in Pakistan and acts of arson against their embassies in Syria, Lebanon, and Iran (7, 8). This is just one of many, many examples that we see today of violence being perpetrated by followers of Islamic teaching.

Pro may argue that these people were not following Islamic teaching, because Islam teaches peace and love. It is a historical fact that Islam was born out of and spread through violent military force. I have shown that their own holy texts condone and depict the prophet ordering horrible violence and death onto people simply for writing poetry about him that he found insulting. I have shown that Muslims are taught to model their lives on the example given by the prophet in the Hadith, and so I have shown that these acts of violence that we see to this day are Muslims following the example taught to them by their religion.

Far from being peaceful, Islam is a religion that encourages war and great violence.

(6) http://wikiislam.net...
(7) http://www.spiegel.de...
(8) http://articles.cnn.com...
(9) Surah al-Ahzab: 21

naany

Pro

naany forfeited this round.
KuriouserNKuriouser

Con

Extend my arguments from R2 and accept as my closing statement.

This is a subject I have a genuine interest in and about which I would very much like to hear opposing arguments. I would like it if my opponent would be willing to try this debate with me again so that her side can be heard.
Since you are new here, feel free to contact me through a personal message if you need help with how the system here at DDO works. Cheers.
Posted by CriticalThinkingMachine 4 years ago
CriticalThinkingMachine
Whatever helps you sleep at night, MBP.
Posted by Manbearpanda 4 years ago
Manbearpanda
You clearly don't understand what 'ironic' means. I've not spammed, nor have I made any libelous or untrue comments. The same cannot be said about you.
CriticalThinkingMachine
MBP said "Reported. Do not spam comments with libelous statements again."

Kind of an ironic statement, don't you think?
Posted by Manbearpanda 4 years ago
Manbearpanda
Reported. Do not spam comments sections with libelous statements again.
CriticalThinkingMachine
Great. Now MBP has displayed that he does not understand the difference between opinion and fact, and that he does not understand the what "hatred"means. Can someone buy this guy a dictionary, please?

You say you don't care about me nearly enough to hate me. I guess that's why you constantly bring me up, because you don't care about me. I guess the reason why you never debate is because you don't care about debate or the members on this site, yet you constantly make many comments on many debates. Okay, so consistency is not your strongest asset.
Posted by Manbearpanda 4 years ago
Manbearpanda
lol. I am stating an opinion insofar that I'm showing my rational opinion on the fact that you are very, very unintelligent. I am not 'stating hatred'; I do not care about you nearly enough to hate you.
Posted by Manbearpanda 4 years ago
Manbearpanda
CriticalThinkingMachine
ManBearPanda.

When you call someone a name like "fucktard" and "moron", you are not stating an opinion. You are stating hatred. Please grow up.
Posted by dylancatlow 4 years ago
dylancatlow
it's*
Posted by dylancatlow 4 years ago
dylancatlow
If someone says Islam is a peaceful religion, it is one of the biggest insults one could ever make to the countless people who have died in its path. If someone is blind enough to believe it is peaceful, sorry, but he or she is unintelligent. Unintelligence isn't necessarily an insult, its the state of someone's cognitive abilities compared to the average population. In any population, half of the people will have below average intelligence. Nothing wrong with stating the facts even if it isn't PC.
Vote Placed by famer 4 years ago
famer
naanyKuriouserNKuriouserTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full FF
Vote Placed by TheBossToss 4 years ago
TheBossToss
naanyKuriouserNKuriouserTied
Vote Placed by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
naanyKuriouserNKuriouserTied
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
naanyKuriouserNKuriouserTied
Reasons for voting decision: full ff