Stupidape
HAMMOB

Islam is a religion of War.

HAMMOB has forfeited round #2.

Stupidape

Pro

Outline

I. Intro
II. Heaven
III. Hell
IV. Tribalism
V. Totalitarianism
VI. Summary
VII. Sources

I. Intro

Thank you to my opponent in advance for accepting the debate. As a non-Muslim it seem obvious to me that Islam is a religion of war, just as all religions are. That includes Hinduism, yes sadly Hinduism is a religion of war also. Yet, lately I've noticed disturbing claims contrary to my world view. Claims like "Islam is a religion of peace." This annoys me to no end. I hope to rectify this misconception in this debate.

Just because somebody makes a claim like, "I am to be trusted, or I am a kind and generous person" doesn't make the claim true. Yet, too often people fall for a direct lie. Where black is white and white is black.

The best example is the whimsical Disney movie Pinocchio, and the character Honest John. Honest John is not very honest, in fact he is a con artist. My hat off to the creator of this wonderful film. [1]

II. Heaven

If you want to create a warlike religion, the first component you need is the concept of Heaven. A place that is better than Earth. A place people yearn to go, and will do ANYTHING to get to Heaven. I'm sorry, for all caps but that point needs to be emphasized.

Does the Koran make references to Heaven? Yes, Islam has the concept of Heaven.

""Say: Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord... and the good pleasure of Allah. For in Allah's sight are (all) His servants" (3:15).
"Allah will say: This is a day in which the truthful will profit from their truth. Theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath - their eternal Home. Allah is well-pleased with them, and they with Allah. That is the great salvation" (5:119)." [2]

III. Hell

Hell is another valuable component needed when constructing a warlike religion. Again, a strong motivation to stay within the lines and obey unquestioningly. As we known from the events of world war II, obeying unquestionable has catastrophic consequences. [3] As per Islamic religious doctrine there is a Hell.

"The consistent description of Hell in the Quran is as a blazing fire which is fueled by "men and stones." It is thus often called "hell-fire."

"...fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith" (2:24).
"...Enough is Hell for a burning fire. Those who reject Our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire... For Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise" (4:55-56).
"But he whose balance (of good deeds) is found to be light, will have his home in a (bottomless) Pit. And what will explain to you what this is? A Fire blazing fiercely!" (101:8-11)." [4]

IV. Tribalism

Religion creates tribalism. This is obvious, but here's a link to back up my claim. "In his new book Born Atheist, Tim Covell searches to explain why religious zealots kill,
and comes up with a novel explanation, tribalism." [5]

V. Totalitarianism

The Islam religion is a totalitarianism, even more so then other religions. Making Islam possibly the most warlike of all religions in the history of man-kind.

First, you are not allowed to worship any other God. Second, you must submit yourself to God fully. I've read a lot of other religions, and none have I seen other than Islam where you must have total submission to God. "namely the total submission (tasleem) to the Will of Allah. " [6]

For example, in most religions you have to knee to pray, yet I don't see this is total submission, unlike Islam. Why does totalitarianism lead to war? Again, think of the events of WWII. [3]

VI. Summary

Thank you for reading this argument. In conclusion, I find not only is Islam warlike, but is the most warlike and totalitarianism religion. Please halt deluding yourselves into thinking Islam is a religion of peace, its nothing but a war machine enshrouded in lies, ritual, and deception. Best of luck to my opponent.

VII. Sources

1. http://www.imdb.com...
2. http://islam.about.com...
3. http://www.history.com...
4. http://islam.about.com...
5. http://bornatheist.com...
6. https://www.ius.org.uk...
HAMMOB

Con

Yes indeed, ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE - and so is every other divine religion! I make this claim as well. However, I do not understand why you get upset when someone is proclaiming a religion to be peaceful. Isn't that something good? Something good in general? Shouldn't people be optimistic and hope for the greater good? Isn't this how things should be on this planet - peaceful? You should have been worried if someone came up to you and said that Islam is a barbaric, cruel, religion which promotes hatred and violence. This indeed would have been an issue to be concerned about, but why are you "annoyed" when someone says that Islam is a religion of peace? Don't we all want peace? Isn't this something appreciated?

Your judging skills need a little improvement. Don't you think that you should have studied Islam first (even the basics) before creating an opinion about it, whether it's a religion of "war" or peace? Things that seem "obvious" aren't always true! A second opinion should be very much appreciated especially when concepts are getting misconstrued and statements are falsely interpreted. Superficial judgement never upholds true justice!

You have absolutely avoided to provide evidence of your claim of Islam being a violent religion from the original sources of Islam. There is no doctrinal evidence nor any other credible argumentation. Your statement about heaven and hell and how it promotes violence and war has nothing to do with Islam. It's a completely different discussion whether the concept of heaven and hell is beneficial for mankind of not. It does not in any way make Islam distinctively a religion of war.

Do you even know what totalitarianism means and in how many contextual places this word can be used? What evidence have you provided for Islam promoting totalitarianism? Simply that Islam promotes to worship One God and teaches certain ways to perform that worship? Is this your evidence? And is that why WW2 occurred? Every sensible reader will surely understand your level of intellect after reading your supporting evidence of your claim.

Islam is a religion of peace - not war. The literal (dictionary) meaning of Islam is Peace. Islam promotes peace, love, harmony, and every sort of goodness. It upholds human values and encourages to form a realistic atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding. This is what Islam is for me and for the remaining 1.5 billion people who adhere themselves to this beautiful and peaceful religion. They are not blowing themselves up every other day wearing suicide jackets nor are they killing each other in their Islamic countries on a routinely basis just because their religion advocates such actions. They certainly understand their own religion better than you do. They live their lives like every other human being, loving to take care of their families and loved ones. They promoted welfare, well-being, and happiness. This is what Islam is for me and for them.

Those handful of bad apples, who IN THE NAME OF ISLAM promote violence and cruelty are enemies of humanity. They love destruction and hatred. They have hijacked the religion of Islam for their own politically vested interests. They are demoting Islam and using it as a tool for their own evil agendas. Their ideology has nothing to do with the true teaching of Islam - no matter how much they want to adhere their beliefs to it.

Let me see what you have to say to this.
Stupidape

Pro

Round two Outline

I. Intro
II. Totalitarianism
III. Hinduism is a religion of war
IV. Tragic events of WWII
V. Evidence of atrocities committed in the name of Islam
VI. What's the point of being Muslim if you don't follow the Koran?
VII. Conclusion
VIII. Sources

I. Intro

My opponent has used no outside sources as of yet. "However, I do not understand why you get upset when someone is proclaiming a religion to be peaceful. Isn't that something good? Something good in general? Shouldn't people be optimistic and hope for the greater good?" HAMMOB

I don't like being lied to. I see Islam as a religion of war. Yet, just like a used car sales person misleading the customer, the salesperson tells the customer everything the customer wants to hear, without providing evidence. Now, if a used car salesperson tells you want you want to hear your alarm bells should go off. You should demand proof of the salesperson's claim. Why should this be any different than religion?

I provide evidence that Islam is a religion of war and my opponent doesn't. Who will you believe the person who tells an inconvenient truth [7] and provides evidence? Or the person who tells you a beautiful lie? Oh yes, yes lets believe my opponent merely because he/she states so. For the people who believe my opponent based solely on his or her word, can I sell you a bridge?

II. Totalitarianism

The question of totalitarianism came up. I argue that monotheistic religions preach autocracy. In Polytheistic religions sometimes a God acts up and is killed by other Gods, thus a balance of power is achieved.

"2. autocracy in one of its several varieties." [8]
Autocracy "1. Government by a single person having unlimited power; despotism.
2. A country or state that is governed by a single person with unlimited power." [9]

III. Hinduism is a religion of war

I figure if I can convince you that a different religion renowned for its peace is warlike, maybe it will convince you that Islam is warlike.

Here's an example of mob justice, with the attackers being Hindu. "According to eyewitness accounts, this blood-curdling sequence of events unfolded in a matter of minutes Monday night: A Hindu temple announced sacrilege; villagers formed an angry mob; and normal people, fueled by each other's presence, became assailants.

A Muslim blacksmith, Mohammad Akhlaq, and his son Danish were battered by people who knew them. The father died, and his son was has been hospitalized with critical injuries."[10].

Richard Dawkins and the repartition of the India subcontinent massacres.[11]

"In the wealthy and fertile region of the Punjab, the problem was extreme with a nearly-even mixture of Hindus and Muslims. Neither side wanted to relinquish this valuable land, and sectarian hatred ran high. The border was drawn right down the middle of the province, between Lahore and Amritsar. On both sides, people scrambled to get onto the "right" side of the border, or were driven from their homes by their erstwhile neighbors. At least 10 million people fled north or south, depending upon their faith, and more than 500,000 were killed in the melee. Trains full of refugees were set upon by militants from both sides, and all the passengers massacred.

On August 14, 1947, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan was founded. The following day, the Republic of India was established to the south." [12]

After reading the above, you can't possibly state neither Hinduism nor Islam is a religion of peace, they are both religions of war.

IV. Tragic events of WWII

Do I really need to go into gory details of WWII? How the third Reich's rule was brutal and was an autocracy. Don't force me to delve further into this hideous truth. Note, Stalin was no better, though there is some argument Marxism acts like a religion.

Besides the India subcontinent there are copious crimes committed in the name of Islam. The Jihad in response to the crusades. Yet, there are many more [13]

As for some Muslims who don't follow the Korans way of violence. Well what's the point of being Muslim? Aren't you supposed to be fully submissive to God? Doesn't that mean you should follow your own religious doctrines? Sure, you can have a Muslim living in a western culture that worships the Islamic God and doesn't kill infidels. Yet, what's the point? This makes no sense to me. This is disobedience to your God in my opinion. I find this hypocritical, like a person who claims vegan yet eats animal products in front of everyone. I desire peace, and to achieve peace I think I must expose the warmongering within the Islamic texts.

VII. Conclusion

In conclusion, I strongly desire peace and goodness. Yet, when somebody is delusion about their own religion of war it makes it very difficult. If a person cannot admit his/her mistakes that person is doomed to repeat them. Just as if a person cannot admit they are under an autocracy, there is little hope for that person. The Islam religious doctrine promotes autocracy and war. At the same time some claim the opposite. Both cannot be true.

Use reason and logic, do you really want to die for a God that almost certainly doesn't exist? That has the same chance of existing as the tooth fairy? Lose the delusion and make change for the better and peace. Thank you for reading. I have no quarrel with Muslims, only with the Islam faith.

VIII. Sources
7. http://www.imdb.com...
8. http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
9. http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
10. http://www.cnn.com...
11. https://www.youtube.com...
12. http://asianhistory.about.com...
13. http://www.hindunet.org...
Posted by Easan 7 months ago
Easan
Stupidape you can't say the religion itself is one of war. It is only when some(minority) decide to change it into a warped version that it seems that it is a religion of war. You can't say Hindus and Muslims go around praying to a religion of war right?? You only stated one or two examples for these religions do you even STUDY THESE RELIGIONS AND REALLY KNOW WHAT THE RELIGION IS ALL ABOUT?!?! YOU ARE MAKING HORRIBLE ASSUMPTIONS BASED ON THE LITTLE YOU KNOW! I SUGGEST YOU SHUT UP ABOUT THAT AND I DON'T SEE HOW IT IS A DEBATING TACTIC TO USE ANOTHER RELIGION TO SHOW HOW ANOTHER MAY BE THE SAME AS WELL!! GO HAMMOB.
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
angels use weapons in some of the stories..

religion is war by disbelief
Posted by Easan 7 months ago
Easan
Go HAMMOB!! WOHOO
Posted by Easan 7 months ago
Easan
Hinduism is not a religion of war. Weapons are depicted to represent a war against anger and negative emotions. If you arent that knowledgeable dont belittle other people's religion, smartass
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
isnukemewhipped
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
ismellapiss
"
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
wipwrist
Posted by vi_spex 7 months ago
vi_spex
islapist