radicaalllll
JMCika

Islam is an Evil Religon

radicaalllll

Pro

I have opened this debate before but it is not going anywhere due to the lack of time I put down, which I deeply regret. So if anyone would wish to debate with me on this topic, they shall do so.

Con states why he/she thinks islam is not evil.

Con can go first.
JMCika

Con

Normally I do not debate religious topics but it’s a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people say Islam is an evil religion. Any way here we go.

1) The religion of Islam follows the Koran. The Koran has many scriptures for peace and love such as: “Indeed, Allah is with those who are righteous and those who do good. (Al Quran 16:129)” “ The reward of goodness is nothing but goodness” “And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36).” There are more you can find from this website here: http://www.themuslimtimes.org.... My point here is how can this religion be evil if it preaches love?

2) Muslims follow the five Pillars of Islam. The third pillar is called Zakat. This is a responsibility is where a follower of Islam if obligated to give back to the community. More information can be found here: http://www.saudiembassy.net.... My point here is if the religion gives back to the community how is it evil?

To conclude my short argument my over all point is that islam preaches love, and its followers give back to the community. With that said how is it evil? The idea of Islam being evil is an idea that is being pushed my many Christians and ignorant people who think all Muslims are terrorist.

radicaalllll

Pro

I beg to differ your claim on Islam being peaceful. Sure there are some good parts of the Koran, but most of the stuff is pretty bad and messed up.

Mohammed who is I believe was a prophet of the Koran, raped a 9 year old girl. He has also made the law of cutting off the hands and feet for committing the crime of stealing. Now, I'm not saying that stealing is a good thing, but cutting of a body part for it seems unnecessary. And yet these people worship this man.

Submission

The word Islam itself means submission, which doesn't even sound so "peaceful" for starters. The submission means you have to submit to the Islam god "Allah". Allah tells muslims to submit to him, otherwise they will be tortured in the afterlife. This forming of slavery and bullying is what causes most muslims to commit violent acts.

Dhimmitude

Islam has a cruel was of treating people who are non-Muslims.

If you are a Christian or if you are Jewish, in the Islam culture you are classified as a "dhimmis" and you would have to pay a special tax called the jiyza, to the Islamic government in the return of not being murdered or tortured my Muslims. If the tax is not payed, the enslavement, the rape, and even the murder on the dhimmis is looked up upon. And that being said is some messed up stuff. These "boundaries" are going over the top.

The Muslim culture condones:

-If a person is not Jewish, Chrsitian, or Muslin; rape, murder rob, and enslave them as you please.
-If a person is Athiest, kill him/her.
-If a person was a muslim but converted to another religon, kill him/her.

These options are, be a slave, be a muslim, or be killed.

What a dandy religon!

Women

We all know how women are treated as far as Islam, and we all know it is not so pleasant. And nothing is scarier or sadder than a woman converting or condoning Islam, but that can be the cause of Stockholm syndrome.

“(Women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them.” Sura 2:228

Implying men are better than women.

“Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four.” Sura 4:3

Stating a man can have more than 1 wife.

“To the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half.” Sura 4:11

“Unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females." Sura 4:11

“Unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females.” Sura 4:176

Saying that women are less than men. Literally.

“As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them.” Sura 4:15

A womans sexuality is wrong.

“And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another and ye have given unto one of them a sum of money (however great), take nothing from it.” Sura 40:20

Selling your wife is okay.

And let's not forget about the whole "women can't be educated". "Women have to cover their bodies and hide their beauty".

Now, I'm not gonna say that Muslim is the only religon that treats women like crap, so does Christianity and basically every other religon that contains a god, but islam is the worst out of them all.

The Muslim Prayer

The muslim prayer really tells me that this "Allah" guy has some serious self-esteem issues. Do you even know the things muslims say to Allah when they are praying? They have to tell Allah how he is such an aweomse, mighty, strong, powerful person he is. The Koran states a muslim has to do this 5 times a day, otherwise, they will go to hell.

Violence in Islam

The islam religon has violence everywhere, and it even starts out how non-believers of the Islam faith should be killed.

There are attacks and terriorist attack by muslims every single day. Now, don't get me wrong here, Christians, Catholics, Jews, Athiests, everyone of every religon is capable of doing something bad, but the Islam relgion takes things to the extreme.

9/11. There has been countless attacks from muslims since that terrible tradgedy. The terrorists in the charge of 9/11 thought that if they did something like that, they would please their "Allah" and then go to heaven and enjoy their 72 damn virgins. Ridiculous and sickening.

Islamic terrorist attacks have killed more than 150,000 people since the World Tade Center attack.

Let's not forget about think things these terrorists have done recently. The whole Malala situation? In 2013, the Taliban has threatened if any girls went to school ,they would get shot. A brave girl named Malala Yousafazai going to school, her fear came to life. She was shot in the head by the Taliban and thankfully survived. And all of this because their pretty, peacful, nice ole' Koran states than women should not be educated.

Just days ago, about 200 Nigerian girls were kiddnapped from schools but Islamic terrorists, and are possibly being kept captive as sex slaves. Why? Because once again, the sweet, kind, loving Koran implies that women are just property, and that they are less than men.

All of these people do this to please their "Allah". Because they think that if they do these awful things, they will go to heaven. This Allah guy does nothing but bully his believers into doing vile, disgusting things to other human beings. And hopefully American won't pick up this way of living.

http://intentious.com......

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com......

Thereligonofpeace.com is a website that keeps track of the daily violence that goes on within the Islam community.

JMCika

Con

I don’t know about Muhammad raping any one if you would like to provide a source or any evidence I will concede that point.

The only hint of referring to submission is on wikipeda and that is submission to god. Christians preach the same thing and they are not proclaimed to be evil. People submit to the law, and the law is not evil. The term submission does not prove that it is a evil religion.

I don’t know where it justifies killing but the Qur’an says “God forbids you not, with regards to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them; for God loveth those who are just. (Qur'an, 60:8)”

About the women. Yes they have sexist views toward women but does that make it an evil religion? No.

Prayer makes a religion evil? My god every religion that praises a god or gods is evil… Really?

So because isilam has extreamist that Islamic scholars say are wrong the entire religion is evil? The quran states this about war/violence “Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. (2:190)” “If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things. (8:61)”

Your one source is just a website not an article. Your second source seems a bit biased and likes to omit things but whatever I haven’t finished reading it yet.

Sources I used: http://www.saudiembassy.net...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com...

radicaalllll

Pro

But the way muslims submit to Allah is evil.

Raping children is their version of submitting

Marriage of young girls is them submitting

Stoning innocent people is their way of submitting

9/11 was their way of submitting!

And yes, the Christian Bible does state that their believers should submitt to God, but the christian bible also says that violence is not good. No where in the Christian Bible does it say that condoning violence is a way of submitting to God.

Verse 9:111 "Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph."

Meaning muslims are taught they if they murder or are murdered, then they will be let into a paradise with 72 "lustful" virgins. Now, not only does that sound kind of silly, ("Kill people and you get to have sex with 72 virgins!") but it is also implying that a womans worth is whether she is a virgin or not. Once, again the Koran condoning violence and degrading women.

The sexist views towards women does not make the religon evil, yes you are right on that but it makes the religous people themselves evil. Like I said before, with the 200 nigerian girls being kidnapped by muslims, well that's because that Quran states that women are less, they have no rights, and that they are just property! And not just that but just look at all the innocent little girls that are being sold into sex slavery in those countries, and the little girls as young as 4, getting married off to some 50 year old pervert. It's because that religon says that it is okay to sell women like that. And because Muhammed raped and married a young girl himself, he is some inspirartion to those sick perverts.

Why the muslims praise their god just seems iffy. Praying 5 times a day just to compliment this Allah? Can you imagine taking 5 times out of your day just to praise and compliment someone who is a sexist, misogynistic, power hungry, violence condoning, dictator? It just doesn't seem right and it seems selfish. I'm not saying the prayer itself makes the religon evil but the way that god wants his people to pray seems evil because if they don't they will go to hell. The Chrsitian Bible is a lot more easier on Christians. (I'm not an expert on these religons by the way I'm just doing as much research as I can haha. I'm actually learning more shocking things about Islam I didn't even know about). The Christian Bible doesn't give out how many times a person should pray or much on what they should say. Like I said, I'm not the "religon guru" but as far as I know the Christian Bible only says to say "amen" at the end of your prayers and to start it off with "Dear God/Lord/Jesus". And that the prayers is something you wish good can happen in your life, but you have to have faith.

The Christian Bible also doesn't say if you don't pray you will be tortured.

And yes, the Quran does have some positive verses in it, every Bible of every religon does. But the things that are said in the Quran really get people to do terrible things.

http://www.danielpipes.org...

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

JMCika

Con

Raping children is not there way of submission, 9/11 was not there way of submission. What groups of out liars do does not speak to what the majority believe. If I am a Christian who uses the bible to justify murder does that mean all Christians are evil? No It makes me evil.

Now lets look at that verse you quated. That thing looks crazy with all the “Lo” and “ye” and crazy wording. I have found a more modern translation “Surely Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their belongings and in return has promised that they shall have Paradise.106 They fight in the Way of Allah, and slay and are slain. Such is the promise He has made incumbent upon Himself in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Qur'an.107 Who is more faithful to his promise than Allah? Rejoice, then, in the bargain you have made with Him. That indeed is the mighty triumph.” Now to quote an islomic scholar on the translation of this: “This means that man has been given the freedom to acknowledge or not to acknowledge that Allah is the owner of his life and property. The transaction mentioned in Ayat 111 is concerning the voluntary surrender of this freedom to Allah’s will. In other words, Allah wills to test man whether he acknowledges the ownership of Allah over his life and property, in spite of that freedom, and considers himself to be their trustee only, or behaves as if he were their owner and so could do whatever he liked with them.” Now maybe I mis read this but its saying the person has free will to accept Allah or not.

Again the action of outlying groups does not speak for the entire religion. You keep saying Muhamd raped this girl where do you get that at? I assume you’re talking about Verse 33:50 because it is in one of your sources. This has nothing about rape in it. It’s about what to do if a woman can’t afford to get married.

Again you have not proved that the Islamic god is evil. As far as the followers go they are praising a loving God. How many times they do it is not a measure on how evil Islam is.

http://www.islamweb.net...

http://islamicstudies.info...

radicaalllll

Pro

I feel that I have proved myself enough in the previous rounds. I have given out my sources and it seems you haven't even looked at them.

I don't favor in repeating myself in debates because I feel that will take away points prior to voting. So therefore, I am going to move on to another topic due to my claim in Islam being evil.

Yes, I am aware that Christianity, Catholism and basically every other religion that contains a god does imply some sort of violence.

But you see the thing is, Christain/Catholic dominate countries such as; America, and most areas in Europe live in a modern day society. We Americans live in a modern day society. And although Christianity contains some violence, most Christian's don't follow those violent verses. Muslim countries are still living in those Quaran/Bible days. They don't live in a modern say society, they still base their laws off of the religon itself. America has a Constitution, we have amendments. Now does America sometimes promote Christianity as far as laws and the Constituion itself? Yes. But here in America, we don't live off of every rule or verse in the Bible, and definently not when it comes to violence or taking away a persons rights.

And where I'm going with this is how the Muslim religon is tearing middle eastern countries apart, versus how we live in America.

In America, when was the last time a woman had to marry her rapist? When was the last time a woman who got pregnant out of wedlock got stoned? When was the last time a peron's hand was chopped off due to stealing? When was the last time a woman who engaged in sexual activity out of wedlock got stoned? When was the last time someone who commited adultery got stoned..? When was the last time a homosexual person was stoned? Barely! Now do I say these things don't happen in America, well as far as stoning, no. But a woman marrying her rapist could be possible, but it MORE than barely happens, and it is certainly not a law.

In America, we don't live in that type of enviorment. Yes, people do live by the rules of the bible in America and other modern day countries. But when it comes to violence, that's when the line is drawn. Sadly, in those Islamic countries, they still do live in those times. In those times as if it were 200 B.E again. They keep on holding on to the Sharia law, they keep on living in those old, violent times, and it's tearing families, and even lives apart. It's ruining lives. They need to let go of those bad parts of that religon, stick to the positives, and demolish that Sharia law.

I have no sources in this round. Everything is based off of knowledge and common sense.
JMCika

Con

This is why I don’t normaly debate religion with people. Its pointless. You have used verses that have been mistranslated and mis intruprated and are using them as a base for an argument. I show you your wrong and you are just covering your ears…. Well in this case your eyes and saying “LALALA I don’t care.”

You use a verse supporting Muhammad is a rapist and I showed you you’re wrong.

I explain outliers do not speak for the majority of a religion and you keep repeating the rape thing.

I talk about how sexist and evil are not the same thing and you just keep repeating there’re sexist.

I have looked at your sources. Have you attempted to read mine?

Show me how children being forced to marry adults a norm in Islamic cultures. There isn’t one.

Show me these are the normals in Islamic nations or even Islam in general. This might scare ou but there are Islamic people in America…

Your entire argument was based off of your opinion Not common sense.

radicaalllll

Pro

I have already given my sources on Muhammed raping women and children.

I really hate to say this, but the majority of muslims do take action in violent acts, or they in fact condone it. I feel that they are somehow hypnotized into thinking the religon is good, especially the women.

They take their Bible so literal to the fact they do these vicious crimes.

You say that forced marriages aren't a norm to the Islamic culture? Well I beg to differ. In a muslim dominated countries such as Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Morocco, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Yemen, child marriages are very common. In Afghanistan, more than 43% of underaged girl's are foricbly married.

In Bangladesh an estimate of 63% of women are forcibly married before the age of age.

Nigeria has one of the most child-marriage rates in the world? And what religon dominates that country? You know.

More than half young girls are forced into marriage.

Why? Because of that lovely Quaran! Once again, Muhammed being their "amazing" role model and makes it seem okay to marry young girls. And that also the Quaran of course states that women are less than men and that they have no rights, I've said all that in the previous rounds.

There are so many terrorist attacks that were commited by muslims. So much violence in those muslim countries. Come on, you need it all the time on the news, the internet, newpapers, everywhere! Any why? Because these people do these things in favor of Allah. Because they think by doing this, they are pleasing their god. These people's lives revolve around the Quaran, they follow every single rule in that damn book. Whether it's good or bad, they follow it.

So these are my reasons why I think Islam is a an evil religion, and why it is a bad influence on the Muslim people. It enocourages MOST of them to do outragous things, all because of a god who might not even exist.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...

http://wikiislam.net...

http://wikiislam.net...

https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

http://www.frontpagemag.com...

http://intentious.com...

JMCika

Con

I have given examples of passages from the Quran preaching love and peace and my opponent has chosen to ignore this.

My opponent has posted verses that she claims are violent. I have shown that those verses were wrongfully interpreted and my opponent has chosen to ignore that.

My opponent has continually mistaken sexism for evil.

She feels that the actions of extremist outliers speak for the entire group. Christians and Catholics make all of their mass murders saints but the religion that begs not to be judged by the actions of terrorist groups is labeled “hateful”

Hopefully the evidence I provided above is sufficient enough.

Posted by irreverent_god 2 years ago
irreverent_god
Can't vote, yet, but I can comment. The term 'evil religion' is redundant.
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
Can some more people vote?! Hahaha, I always run into a situations where a lot of people aren't voting
Posted by JMCika 2 years ago
JMCika
Your right Nat Geo is just twisting the Quran for fun.. Perfect sense.
Posted by mmadderom 2 years ago
mmadderom
"And the scriptures you provided I showed you were interpreting them wrong."

Yes, that is always the claim when it comes to the violent, evil verses in the Qu'ran. "You are just misinterpreting it". And of course finding a 'source' to that effect is EASY as there are plenty of Islamic spin doctors out there. Sorry, that's just believing what you want to believe instead of what is.

Look, the entire book is a joke and should be viewed as such the second you read about Muhammad saying the sun sets into a pile of mud. Allah's 'greatest' prophet is incredibly ignorant and self serving in comparison to Jesus who was the COMPLETE opposite. A humble and selfless servant.

Of course, this is to be expected. Judaism/Christianity and Islam were born of the same source (Abraham) with his righteous son founding Judaism and his bastard son leading the people who would found Islam.
Posted by mmadderom 2 years ago
mmadderom
"My point here is if the religion gives back to the community how is it evil?"

Al Capone "gave back to the community". So did Hitler and NUMEROUS other immensely evil persons. They do so because they understand human nature is to support whatever side benefits THEM personally. In Old Chicago everyone knew that Capone was a gangster who killed folks at his discretion but they overlooked that 'flaw' when he gave them money, opened soup kitchens, etc.

"giving back to the community" is NOT on it's face a noble thing. It can be a manipulative thing and OFTEN is.
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
Oh is that so, okay.
Posted by JMCika 2 years ago
JMCika
And the scriptures you provided I showed you were interpreting them wrong.

I have provided a non biased source that your wrong.
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
There are only a few peace and love quotes verses all of the other quotes that condone violence.

I have provided many sources stating terrorism is a muslim-dominate act of violence.
Posted by JMCika 2 years ago
JMCika
1) How can you still argue its evil when you admit that there are peace and love quotes.
2) I misunderstood that point to be honest I did not read all of your posts I am busy with other things.
3) Then why bring up the terrorism and all the other stuff when the articles I provided showed that they were outliers and not the norm?
Posted by radicaalllll 2 years ago
radicaalllll
Okay, I really hate continuing a debate in the comment section, but I am going to do so, being my opponent seems to be confused on what I have said. And I do not want his false allegations to deduct any points away from me as far as voting.

1. I did not ignore the peaceful, loving verses of the Quaran, like is said in earlier rounds, yes this religion does have some positive things within the Quaran, I never said it didn't. But in this case I am looking at the negatives and the negatives are pretty harsh.

2. I did not ever say that sexism within the Quaran is evil. I was implying that the sexist things that are said in the Quaran LEAD to evil things such as rape, forcible marriage, and sex slavery.

3. I do NOT feel that the actions of extreme outliers speak for the entire group. I state that the extreme outliers make up the majority of the group. Like I have said many times, not all muslims are terrible, violent people, but due to my research it seems that most of them do the crime, or they condone and see it as a normal thing. It is understandable that Christians and Catholics commit crimes, but the majority of the time, they do not commit those crimes in favor of their god vs. why muslims commit crimes.
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
radicaalllllJMCikaTied
Reasons for voting decision: I am not an anti Islamist or anti anything. Good arguments, but pro had a better argument.
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 2 years ago
Phoenix61397
radicaalllllJMCikaTied
Reasons for voting decision: A small amount of poor grammar for con, but much better arguments made by con. Pro's arguments slipped past a reasonable debate and fell into a bit of stereotyping and prejudice, so I'm giving conduct to con.
Vote Placed by TheRussian 2 years ago
TheRussian
radicaalllllJMCikaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments are extremely biased and disgust me. Pro's arguments consist of very specific cases of where a Muslim committed a crime. Con is cool-headed and calmly refutes most of Pro's points. Pro relies on American stereotypes to prove that an entire religion is evil. He tries to convey the message the the Muslim world is still living in the 16th century. It doesn't.
Vote Placed by Bannanawamajama 2 years ago
Bannanawamajama
radicaalllllJMCikaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Radicaallllls sources didn't necessarily back up all the things he was saying, such as the rape thing. Grammar was sufficient both ways. Con made a more detailed explanation while Pro's examples seemed more cherrypicked or unsubstantiated.
Vote Placed by mmadderom 2 years ago
mmadderom
radicaalllllJMCikaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had the better position, better arguements and much more reliable sources. Con used a couple of well know biased Islam propaganda web sites that spend all their time mischaracterizing and ignoring parts of the Qa'ran to make the religion appear 'peaceful' when an accurate reading shows it to be anything but. I will also note that the Qu'ran not only encourage but demands followers LIE about it to non-muslims.
Vote Placed by NickLawrence 2 years ago
NickLawrence
radicaalllllJMCikaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides done a great job in the debate. It is a crazy topic for a debate but good job.