ayaz
lannan13

Islam is better than christianity

lannan13

ayaz

Pro

I am here to have a debate on a great topic which is 'Islam is more better than Christianity' .Actually I want to say that indeed Islam is the Best Religion. I went to search for the best on the net and I was knowing that I will not find the correct answer but what I
found was shocking! People said that Islam is a religion with violence. It is a religion of Peace.Those terrorists are not Muslims who say that they kill people for no reason in the name of Allah.They are stupid. Islam is better than Christianity. Earlier Bible, Injeel or something like that was a great book of message to the people by Allah through his Prophet Jesus Peace be upon him.But people later corrupted it and then Allah sent his last Prophet Muhammad SAW with the great book Qur'an which can't be changed.I challenge you that you can't ever prove Bible of today better than Qur'an. You can't prove that Qur'an is not the word of God.
1_Very important be polite, no cursing, sarcasm, or being rude

2_see that everything you say has to have a proof.

3_if your not sure about what are you talking about don't write it, if it is very important and you know it somewhat,mention it but also write that you are not perfectly sure .

4_ you have to have a valid proof to support claim

5_ you can't support your claim using the bible, same thing applies to me, you can't get a proof from a verse, but you can get a proof from certain verses for an example, you can't get a proof from a verse that says jesus is a god, and same thing for me i can't get a proof just by saying that the quran says that jesus isn't a god, but you can get a verse that supports what it is saying for an example, god is etc etc etc because etc etc.

6_I will myself try my best to follow the rules.
lannan13

Con

I accept and now await my opponenet's opening arguments.
ayaz

Pro

First of all, I would here like to mention that Christianity of today was once the correct religion. But people corrupted it. When I say Islam is better than Christianity, I mean Christianity of today. Allah sent a series of Prophet to mankind for guidance.
Allah appointed Adam (A.S.) as His first Prophet in the series. When people moved away from the straight path, He sent another Prophet with His Message. Again people left the straight path and He again sent His Prophet. In the same way He sent series of Prophets. He sent Prophets after Prophets with His Message of Guidance. In this series only He sent Prophet Jesus (A.S.) who was the son of Mary and not God or son of God. Just like other Messengers, he was also a Prophet and Messenger of God and not the Son of God. After people corrupted his Message( which was actually the Message given by Allah), Allah sent His last Messenger, the Greatest Messenger-Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), with His Final Message-The Holy Qur'an, which can't be changed or corrupted. But Christians think that Jesus (A.S.) was the Son of God and His message is not corrupted and they believe in trinity and they never understand that Muhammad (SAW) is the Greatest and Final Messenger of God.
Jesus (A.S.) never said himself in the Bible that he is God or that he should be worshiped.
Instead it is written in the Bible that-
(i) "My Father is greater than I."
[The Bible, John 14:28]
(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
[The Bible, John 10:29].
(iii)"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."
[The Bible, John 17:3]
In this round I challenge my opponent to give me a single verse in the Bible in which Jesus (A.S.) himself said that he is god or he is to be worshiped. The Truth is that Jesus (A.S.) was a Messenger of God and not god or son of god and he should NEVER be worshiped.
lannan13

Con

I shall begin by refuting my opponent's arguments. Also a note before this round the Quaran that I shall be using is that of the Sahih International.

First off Jesus does claim that he is the son of God.

"And they all said, "Are You the Son of God, then?" And He said to them, "Yes, I am."- Luke 22:70

Here is when he was being questioned and gave his famous quote on the Son being seated at the right side of the father and here he answered them with a resounding yes.

" what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, `I am God's Son'?"- John 10:36

Here Jesus, once again claims to be the son of God.

"But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?" "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."- Mark 14:61-62

In the above is when Jesus was being tried to death. According to the Koran (it's alternate spelling in the Middle East), God loved Jesus too much that he saved him allowing Jedus to die in his place on the cross. If that is the case then why would God's Prophet claim to be God?

"But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."- John 20:31

Here we can see that the narriator of the Bible calls Jesus the Son of God.

Let's move on.

There's several Contradictions in the Koran, let's observe.

1st Muslum?

" No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."- 6:63

It appears that Mohommed is the first Muslim, right?

" And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, "My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You." [ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me." But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."- 7:143

Well here God himself says that Moses is the first of Allah's followers. Doesn't that mean that he's the first Muslim? If that's the case that legitamizes a lot of the Jewish texts for Islam.

" Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful." 2:128

Even still in the Koran there is another verse of which here God is talking to Abraham and it shows that Abraham is a Muslim. How can that be? If the Bible is incorrect, but yet the Bible contains the stories of Moses and Abraham then doesn't that make the first Muslims "stupid" in the words of my opponent?

Let's move on to another contradiction.

Here's another Good one, "Which came first, the heavens or the Earth?"

" It is He who created for you all of that which is on the earth. Then He directed Himself to the heaven, [His being above all creation], and made them seven heavens, and He is Knowing of all things."- 2:29

Here it says that Allah made the Earth then the Heavens. If this is true then it's Contradictory in the aspects of the Belief of God and the Kalam Cosmological Argument showing that yes the Universe had a creation, but the Earth was created before the universe which breaks the KCA (hence going against the belief in God) and not only that, but it is Astrophysically impossible to create matter before the Creation of spacetime.

" Are you a more difficult creation or is the heaven? Allah constructed it...And after that He spread the earth."- 79:27-31

My-my, another contradiction. Here it says it the other way around.

Finially the Religion of Violence

9:29 Fight [q-t-l] those among the people of the Book [Christians] who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day, do not forbid what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden and do not profess the true religion, till they pay the poll-tax out of hand and submissively

My oh my, here we have Mohommed declaring a Crusade for the Muslims to go out and punish the Christians. Oh what a religion of peace that we've encouraged that all Muslims should go out and purge Christians. It is here that many terrorist organizations got there inspirations from Mohommed himself to kill Christians.

61:10 You who believe, shall I show you a bargain that will save you from painful punishment? 11 Have faith in God and His Messenger and struggle [j-h-d] for His cause with your possessions and your persons—that is better for you, if only you knew—12 and He will forgive your sins, admit you into Gardens graced with flowing streams, into pleasant dwellings in the Gardens of Eternity. That is the supreme triumph.

Above in the area where we get jihad. This occurs after a Battle and Mohommed looses 70 of his men and escentailly states that if you sell your life to Islam and die fighting the Infidels then you will be granted into heaven. Once again, seemingly a great terroristic ploy from the Religion of Peace. There are other verses of Mohommed himself killing poets for no reason and even attacking a Carivan. I would go into more depth, but I'm running out of room here, so I'll turn it back over to my opponent.
ayaz

Pro

Well, first of all, I think that my opponent had not clearly read my arguments. I said " "In this round I challenge my opponent to give me a single verse in the Bible in which Jesus (A.S.) himself said that he is god or he is to be worshiped."
In the first part of his answer, my opponent went on giving verses in which he told us how Jesus (A.S.) himself said that "He is The son of god" but he never gave me a single verse in which he said that he is god or is to be worshipped. So since the answer of my opponent was not based on the arguments I gave, it will not be taken into consideration any further. Let me also move on.
Now, I would like to talk about violence in the Qur"an first since this is a very important topic:
1)61:10 You who believe, shall I show you a bargain that will save you from painful punishment? 11 Have faith in God and His Messenger and struggle [j-h-d] for His cause with your possessions and your persons"that is better for you, if only you knew"12 and He will forgive your sins, admit you into Gardens graced with flowing streams, into pleasant dwellings in the Gardens of Eternity. That is the supreme triumph
Now, I think that the address of this verse is wrong.

There are certain verses in the Quran, which convey injunctions similar to the following: "Kill them wherever you find them." (2:191) Referring to such verses, there are some who attempt to give the impression that Islam is a religion of war and violence. This is totally untrue. Such verses relate in a restricted sense, to those who have unilaterally attacked the Muslims. The above verse does not convey the general command of Islam. The truth of the matter is that the Quran was not revealed in the complete form in which it exists today. It was revealed from time to time, according to the circumstances, over a time span of 23 years. If this is divided into years of war and peace, the period of peace amounts to 20 years, while that of war amounts only to 3 years. The revelations during these 20 peaceful years were the peaceful teachings of Islam as are conveyed in the verses regarding the realization of God, worship, morality, justice, etc. This division of commands into different categories is a natural one and is found in all religious books. For instance, the Gita, the holy book of the Hindus, pertains to wisdom and moral values. Yet along with this is the exhortation of Krishna to Arjun, encouraging him to fight. (3:30) This does not mean that believers in the Gita should wage wars all the time. Gandhiji, after all, derived his philosophy of non-violence from the same Gita. The exhortation to wage war in the Gita applies only to exceptional cases where circumstances leave no choice. But for general day-to-day existence it gives the same peaceful commands as derived from it by Mahatma Gandhi. Similarly, Jesus Christ said: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew, Chapter 10) It would not be right to conclude that the religion preached by Christ was one of war and violence, for such utterances relate purely to particular occasions. So far as general life is concerned, Christ taught peaceful values, such as the building up of a good character, loving each other, helping the poor and needy, etc. The same is true of the Quran. When the Prophet of Islam emigrated from Makkah to Madinah, the idolatrous tribes were aggressive towards him. But the Prophet always averted their attacks by the exercise of patience and the strategy of avoidance. However on certain occasions no other options existed, save that of retaliation. Therefore, he had do battle on certain occasions. It was these circumstances, which occasioned those revelations relating to war. These commands, being specific to certain circumstances, had no general application. They were not meant to be valid for all time to come. That is why; the permanent status of the Prophet has been termed a "mercy for all mankind." (21:107) - See more at: http://www.cpsglobal.org...
Now let"s talk about contradictions in the Holy Qur"an and considering the first point, i.e., the first Muslim.
1)" No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."
Now I request my opponent to please give me the right address. He had written the address of this verse as 6:63 which is wrong and correct one is " 6:163

Now, Muhammad(Peace be upon him), was the First Muslim among his people. "[among you]" clearly tells us this.
Now, Moses(A.S.) was the first one to believe in his time among his people.
Also, Adam(A.S.) was the first one to believe in his time and was the first man. (Here, I would like to mention that Allah created the light of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) before anything else.
So, where is the contradiction?

Now let us talk about the next contradiction
These are the points to be noted here: -

1. Nowhere does Allah say here that he made Earth first and then he made heaven. He merely says that he made all that is on earth and then he turned to heaven that was already created. If Allah had really created heaven AFTER he created the earth then why would he say "Then He Istawa (rose over) towards the heaven"? After the creation of earth, how can he "Istawa (rise over) towards the heaven" when he hasn"t created it yet in the first place. The only possible explanation for this is that Heaven and Earth were already created.

Does this verse say Allah created the Earth? No! This verse talks only about the "things on earth" and not earth itself!
2. This verse doesn"t even refer to the creation of the earth. Does Allah say that he created earth in this verse? Read again. This verse only says that Allah created "all that is on earth". Meaning, Earth was ALREADY CREATED by Allah and in this verse Allah is talking only about the THINGS PRESENT ON EARTH AND NOT EARTH ITSELF. So your allegation that the Quran says that God created Earth first and then Heaven is totally false and does not hold any ground because this verse doesn"t talk about Allah creating the Earth at all!
This verse speaks only about the division of heaven and not about its creation
3. Similarly, where does this verse say that Allah created heavens? Just where? This verse only talks about Allah dividing the heaven THAT WAS ALREADY CREATED into SEVEN PARTS. There is a difference between "Division" and "creation". You cannot "divide" a thing unless it is already "created". So if Allah has to divide the heaven into seven parts then he must have already created it. That"s common sense. So your allegation that the Quran says that God created Earth first and then Heaven is totally false and does not hold any ground because this verse doesn"t talk about Allah creating the Heaven at all!

Now after giving you all answers, I challenge you to prove that the Bible is more scientific than the Qur"an.
lannan13

Con

Ah, my opponent is mistaken. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity as hence he is also God himself. Thus we must see that Jesus must be worshipped since he is God as the Bible says to worship God and as does the Koran.

I and [my] Father are one.- John 10:30

In the above we can see that here it is Jesus stating that him and God are one. Already showing that he is thus God. We need to further this looking into to see the rest of the context and we can see that Jesus was about to be stoned by the Jews for this, but yet Jesus proved them wrong.

Now let's observe what makes a God according to the Koran.

Is He then Who creates like him who does not create? Do you not then mind?... And those whom they call on besides Allah have not created anything while they are themselves created; Dead (are they), not living, and they know not when they shall be raised. S. 16:17, 20-21 Shakir

And they have taken besides Him gods, who do not create anything while they are themselves created, and they control not for themselves any harm or profit, and they control not death nor life, nor raising (the dead) to life. S. 25:3 Shakir

Thus we can see that this means:

God is the Creator
God is the source of Life.
God is ever living.
So is Jesus the Creator?

"To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ-their Lord and ours:" 1 Corinthians 1:2

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made... He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him." John 1:3, 10

Is he the Source of Life.

and he shall be a prophet to the people of Israel (saying), that I have come to you, with a sign from God, namely, that I will CREATE for you out of clay (annee AKHLUQU lakum mina ALTTEENI) as though it were the form of a bird, and I will blow thereon and it shall become a bird by God's permission; and I will heal the blind from birth, and lepers; and I will bring the dead to life by God's permission; and I will tell you what you eat and what ye store up in your houses. Verily, in that is a sign for you if ye be believers. S. 3:49 Palmer
HE it is Who created you from clay (Huwa allathee KHALAQAKUM min TEENIN) and then HE decreed a term. And there is another term fixed with HIM. Yet you doubt. S. 6:2 Y. Ali

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from clay (innee KHALIQUN basharan min TEENIN): When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." S. 38:71-72 Y. Ali

Here in the Koran we can see that Jesus gave life to the clay birds just as God has created man from clay.

Is he ever living?

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God"; - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto Himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise; - S. 4:157-158 Y. Ali

Hence here we can see that God raised Jesus from the dead and because of that Jesus has everlasting life in heaven and he was never killed.

Thus Jesus meets all of these criteria and thus must be worshipped for he is God by the Muslim standards.

My opponent wants to compare Christ and Muhommed, but that is an entirely different legion, we can to see that the ONLY time that Jesus depicted violence in the Bible is when he threw out the money changers from the Jewish temple (I can get into that, but that's for economics debates) while Muhommed's entire life was that of violence. He lived and attacked others and taught obscene things. Let's observe.

And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed divorce period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens) (give birth) and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him." 65:4

Here we can see that Mohommed endorses pedophillia! This is just to show that if they have "doubts" about their periods that simply they are encouraged to practice this. My opponent cannot first condemn Christianity without looking in his own closet.

Quran-8:67: "It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Here is Allah telling Mohommed to slaughter those who've he's captured.

Quran 22:19-22: "fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

Finially, here they speak of torturing the Pagans [non-believers] until they become Muslim. Once again very vile.

The contradiction as it directly states that these people are indeed Muslims, BUT the Koran also states that Mohommed is THE FIRST Muslim, which is impossible for this to occur as we can see due to the fact that there are other Muslims before him.

Unfortunately I'm out of time so I will have to refute the Creation and the challenge in my next round.
ayaz

Pro

First of all I will begin by making my opponent clear that Jesus(A.S.) is not God by Muslim standards.
1)God is the creator
Here, my opponent never gave a single verse from the Qur"an, thus he Is not following rule: 5. Also, if he supports this line using bible, he is never showing that Jesus(A.S.) is the creator by Muslim standards.
2)Is he the source of life?
And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah . And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah . And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers. 3:49
In the above verse we can clearly say That Jesus (A.S.) performed some miracles but by the permission of Allah. Then, how is he the creator. He performed those miracles with the permission of Allah. Why should a God need the permission of someone else?

3) Is he ever living?
Yes, Jesus (A.S.) was never killed but it is not that he was not created.
A God should not be created. He was once not present or created, and then Allah created him.

Talking about violence, I had already given the answer.
I don"t enough time to answer further. Sorry.
lannan13

Con

My opponent is mistaken, as though I did give Biblical verses here I showed in another part that he is the creator via the Koran. Let's look at the verse again.

Here we can see that the Koran speaks of a Prophet from Israel that shall create life. Though bestowed upon him by Allah, we can still see that Jesus has the ability to create and mind you that my Opponent has not refuted and has DROPPED the Holy Trinity argument so we can see that Jesus has to be God under this standard of Christinaity and hence worshipped, but it shows that God doesn't have to give Jesus power as he IS Jesus. Jesus was always in exsitance through God.

My opponent stated that he has already given the answer to violence, but I made refutations last round and it was DROPPED by my opponent.

For the creation let's compare the two verses.

If we view the above we can see that after God made the Earth that he made the 7 heavens, which in itself is another contradiction, but I'll get to that later. It does not state that he turned to them, but he made them the seven heavens which shows this fallacy and contradiction here between the two verses.

[It is He] who has made for you the earth as a bed [spread out] and inserted therein for you roadways and sent down from the sky, rain and produced thereby categories of various plants.- 20:53

Here the Koran states that the Earth is spread out like a carpet and there are several Koran verses that state that the Earth is flat like this. The Koran also states that the Sun and stars move around the Earth, contradictory to what we know now. (Qur’an 2:258; 21:33; 36:40; 52:49; 53:1). The Koran also points to the reason that the Earth is together is that the mountains themselves are holding the Earth together, though we also know that to be false. ( Qur’an 21:31) Finially, the Koran states that the moon has been cut in two by Muhommed, but that's obviously false as there's no way a man could cut the moon like that. (4:830-832; 5:208-211; 6:387-390).

With that I'll pass things back over to Pro.

ayaz

Pro

Talking about the contradiction that whether the earth was created earlier or the heaven, I had already explained it in DETAIL in the ROUND 3.Talking about the first Muslim,
Here, [among you] clearly tells us that Prophet Muhammad(Peace be upon him) was the First Muslim among his people. Also, Allah created the light of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) before anything else. I had already explained this in round 3.
Talking about the verse
Now, I think this verse basically tells us the rules of wars and is not violent. I just cannot understand how this verse gives this meaning-"Here is Allah telling Mohommed to slaughter those who've he's captured".
As Islam stands against waging war, especially against the innocents, it never overlooks the possibility that mankind may resort to war against each other. That"s why it shows keenness on regulating warfare, between Muslims and non-Muslims; it enumerates those that should not be killed or even targeted during the battles. Not only that. Islam also sets rules regarding those taken as prisoners of war; how they should be treated and dealt with. This is what is clarified by Sheikh Muhammad Abu Zahra, in his book Concept of War in Islam; it reads:

"Islam advocates clemency with captives. History has never known warriors so merciful to their captives as the early Muslims who followed the teachings of their religion. Numerous religious texts demand clemency with captives."

War is decreed in Islam in self defense. This indicates that aim behind war is to ward off aggression not to impose Islam as a religion. Referring to this, Allah Almighty says:

"To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid;-" (Surah Al Hajj 22:39)

Islam never fought nations but fought only despotic authorities. Islamic war was one of liberation and not of compulsion. Muslims are prohibited from opening hostilities without properly declaring war against the enemy, unless the adversary has already started aggression against them.

It was long before the Magna Carta and Geneva resolutions came into being that Islam had set human rights in its teachings. Unmindful that Allah"s word will reach every corner in the world, media and false thinkers tried to blur these ever-shining facts of the Islam with the aim of alienating people. Long ago the world suffered from violating human rights, a recently coined expression, and still does. The United Nations, dubbed as the divided nations by the persecuted every were, decreed a group of articles that have never been fully into action. Nothing to help the wounded, nothing to help widows, nothing to help the fatherless children, nothing to bring a piece of bread to the hungry but strangled by a veto resolution. When these rights were revealed in the Holy Quran and detailed in the Prophet"s (PBUH) sayings, they were put into action. This is the difference between Allah"s laws and man-made laws that can be violated or changed or modified. The first and the foremost basic right in Islam is the right to live and the respect of human life. The holy Quran and the traditional sayings and acts of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) strictly impose the following injunctions during the time of peace and the time of war.

No one should be burned alive or tortured with fire.
Wounded soldiers who are neither unfit to fight, nor actually fighting, should not be attacked.
Prisoners of war should not be killed.
It is prohibited to kill anyone who is tied up or in captivity.
Residential areas should not be pillaged, plundered or destroyed, nor should the Muslims touch the property of anyone except those who are fighting against them.
Muslims must not take anything from the general public of the conquered country without paying for it.
The corpses of the enemy must not be disgraced or mutilated.
Corpses of the enemy should be returned.
Treaties must not be broken.
In Islam, taking one"s life is equal to taking the life of the whole of the mankind. Allah says in the holy Quran:

"If any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people"" (Surah Al Ma"idah 5:32)
Prisoners are usually taken when a battle is at its height and there is danger that rage may lead the victorious warriors to harm those who have been defeated in order to take revenge. The Prophet, however urged his followers to treat their captives with clemency. He said to them "You are recommended to treat your captives kindly." He also urged his Companions on the day of Badr to be kind to their captives. Accordingly the Companions of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, gave their captive preference over themselves in matters of food. This is the tolerance of Islam and its respect for human dignity.

What are the teachings of Islam as regard the prisoners of war? Does Islam grant them freedom, ransom or enslave them to the Muslims? Here, we should again refer to the religious texts and the example given by the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. The most direct of these texts is Allah"s saying:

"Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens"" (Surah Muhammad 47:4)
The Quranic verse thus provides alternatives: either the Muslim commander should free those captives who can not offer ransom either in the form of money or an equivalent number of Muslim captives, or he should ransom his captives for money or for a similar number of Muslim captives. This is what is now known as an exchange of prisoners. That kind of ransoming should be adopted, as it leads to the release of two big groups of people " Muslims and non-Muslims.

The Quranic verse does not mention a third choice, namely the enslavement of captives; the Quranic text explicitly forbids it by limiting the choice to only two alternatives " free dismissal or ransoming " without referring to enslavement. Thus enslavement is not involved in the choice.

Fighting should be directed only against fighting troops, and not to non- fighting personnel, and this is in compliance with the Quranic verse that reads:

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors." (Surah Al Baqarah 2:190)
Now, ability to create:
According to Islam, the power of Allah is not given by anyone. Since, the power of Jesus(A.S.) is given by God, he is not at all God. Allah can give the power to create to anyone. This power was a sign from the Lord to the people. Every Prophets brings such signs.
Talking about trinity:
I and [my] Father are one.- John 10:30
Now in the verse just before this verse,i.e., John 10:29, it is written-My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. Now, this is a contradiction in the Bible.
And the verse 36:40 of the Qur'an says-'It is not allowable for the sun to reach the moon, nor does the night overtake the day, but each, in an orbit, is swimming.' This is really scientific and just the opposite of what my opponent wrote. And verse 36:40 is one of the verses pointed out by him.

I wish to write more but...
I don"t have much time or words to write. Please vote for me.
lannan13

Con

Okay, I thank Pro for an enlightening debate here, but I believe that it is time for things to come to a close.

My opponent has inserted the phrase "among you" in the Koran verse and it's not orginially there. We must disreguard that as to see as the verse reads teh first of the Muslims. This unedited version shows that the contradiction still exists and even if this point is invalid notice how he dropped the rebuttals to Abraham and Moses. Thus I extend those contradictions across the board here in this debate.

My opponent is incorrect as if we look at the history books and even the Koran itself you'll see that it shows Muhommed using Conquest on the Arabian pensuela WAR. You'll see the Ottowans, an Empire built and led by the desendents of Muhommed, that they used conquest to spread Islam across the Middle East and the Spanish Penensual. It is at the Battle of Tours that the Franks stoppage of the Muslim invaders that prevented the Entire Continent from being conquered by Muslims. (http://www.orthodoxytoday.org...) We can see that Gauls weren't a deposit government as Pro claims nor were they "wrong" about really anything. The Muslims invaded and set out for conquest for the spread of Islam which is contrary to what my opponent is saying. (http://www.thelatinlibrary.com...) We can actually see that Europe actually got Torture from the Muslims. (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com...) We can also see from the War map bellow that the Muslims conqured the Catholic Empire of Byzantime, but lost to Austria. Apparently, these Catholic Empires must have been wrong as well.

As for the POW argument we can actually see that if the conqured do not convert AND they don't pay a major fine we can see that they are to be enslaved! (Muhammad 47:4) How is that just and Geneuva convention worthy?

I extend across all of the arguments that my opponent has dropped.

Because of that I urge you to Vote Con.

Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Should get to this debate tomorrow.
Posted by PatriotPerson 2 years ago
PatriotPerson
No religion is better than another. It just depends on which one is correct.
Posted by Nachrimata 2 years ago
Nachrimata
I'm sorry, I mean that every religion IS equally harmful.

Thanks.
Posted by Nachrimata 2 years ago
Nachrimata
Every religion can be equally harmful. That's all I'm going to say.
Posted by Vortex-Blue123 2 years ago
Vortex-Blue123
I'm not trying to sound offensive or anything but I know when stripped to the core Christianity is a peaceful religion and you're saying Islam is a peaceful religion why, then, must we battle on which is better?
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
I wish I knew just a little more about Islam so I could debate this. I have yet to have a debate on Islam.
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
I wish to accept.
Posted by CommunistDog 2 years ago
CommunistDog
I would like to accept this debate.

@ blackkid :3 :3 :3
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
blackkid
You really can't debate an opinion without an objective basis. "Better at what?" comes to mind. I feel sorry for the sucker who accepts this.
Vote Placed by Forthelulz 2 years ago
Forthelulz
ayazlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro floundered for a bit before failing to prove his point, then Con actually used good sources. Arguments and sources to con. Everything else is tied.
Vote Placed by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
ayazlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Strait away i don't see the resolution fulfilled by PRO, its never shown that one is better then the other. Con used more sources and superior ones, and Pro, con does not need to fulfil your challenge, and even though he did this simply shows he has the upper hand