Islam is dangerous, intolerant, and medieval

Islam is an evil religious belief. I will use two types of arguments in this debate. One type will be Quranic verses which I find evil, and the other will be actions of muslims around the world, which I find Evil.For some arguments I will need evidence, so I will post videos of muslims as evidence. I encourage my apponent to also post videos if they can be used as evidence of his views.We will start as soon as someone comments. The 3 rounds after that will be used as debate rounds. Good luck!

Islam is not evil, it's just wrong. Anyway, good luck!

Islam is the belief that the the religious leader of 4th century Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and that his book, the Quran is the perfect word of Allah. The Hadith's are a collection stories of Muhammad's life, and some of the finer details of Islam are in the Hadiths.

The Quran is Islam itself, while the origin and trustworthiness of the Hadiths is debated, but most muslims follow both, including the world's top muslim scholar, Mr. Zakir Naik.

In this debate I will discuss not only the contents of these books, but also what Muslims achieve in the real world. I have nothing against Middle eastern people.

Let me start with some verses

27:4 "Lo! as for those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their works fairseeming unto them so that they are all astray."

"Say: Allah is Best Aware how long they tarried. His is the Invisible of the heavens and the earth. How clear of sight is He and keen of hearing! They have no protecting friend beside Him, and He maketh none to share in His government." 28:26
^It seems to say that non islamic governments are not allowed.

"Then, as for him who rebelled And chose the life of this world, Lo! hell will be his home."

"How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them" 7:4

"And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice." 4:3 ^Slavery and Polygamy

"O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives and your children there are enemies for you, therefor beware of them. And if ye efface and overlook and forgive, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." 64:14 ^your children and wives are your enemies.

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk." 5:51
^ ANY Muslim who is friends with a christian or Jew is going to hell according to that verse.

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

Bukhari (11:626) - [Muhammad said:] "I decided to order a man to lead the prayer and then take a flame to burn all those, who had not left their houses for the prayer, burning them alive inside their homes."

Muslim (20:4696) - "the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'One who died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination) for Jihad died the death of a hypocrite.'"

Muslim (17:4196) - A married man confesses that he has adultery. Muhammad orders him planted in the ground and pelted with stones. According to the passage, the first several stones caused such pain that he tried to escape and was dragged back

let's see how they spread....

"Muslims invaded Iran in the time of Umar (637) and conquered it after several great battles."
^A map of the military expansion of Islam

Islam spreaded violently through the middle east, and today islam spreads violently into Europe as seen in the video linked,called MUSLIM HOSPITALITY IN LONDON

So far We've come to these conclusions, that Islam is..

-Intolerant to Jews and christians
-spreads with war
-Sends none believers to hell fire for eternity
-Muhammad burns people alive for not praying
-requires every man to join the army
-goes to war with non believers, or at least, did back hundreds of years ago
-Does not integrate with western society
-Allows polygamy
-Allows slavery
-Muhammad sas to not trust your wives or sons
-Allows the stoning of adulterers

According to all this, Islam has proved Dangerous, Intolerant, and Midieval. I await a response. good luck.

If people do evil things in the name of a religion that doesn't make the religion evil. It means that people do evil things. Suicide bombers proclaiming the name of Allah don't make Islam any more evil than the Crusaders made Christianity evil. Why don't we stop blaming God, religion, faith and take responsibility for our actions?

Islam is not evil by virtue of the fact that fanatics have hijacked it for their own evil agendas. The same could be said of Christianity. Now, I have not studied the Koran so I can't quote you sura and verse of what it says. But I have met several Muslims who have studied the Koran and they are all lovely people. They decry those who have used Islam as an excuse to murder others. That is not the message of Islam.

Just because Islam goes against the doctrines of Christianity: Jesus is Messiah, Jesus is God, does not make it evil. Christians say Muslims follow a false prophet. Muslims say the same about Christians. Christians claim to have the only way to heaven. Muslims make the same claim. Because the two cannot agree, one must necessarily be evil?

There also the 100 year war between England and Span. Where they pretty much fought over rather being a Catholic or a Protestant is the true religion. Jesus always taught through love. To hate in ones heart is to murder...

Although, i would argue that they aren't real Christians. The KKK did all over their acts of violence in the name of the lord. So you could include them.

As soon as Christianity became legal in the Roman Empire by imperial edict (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer." [DA468]
Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]
Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues. [DA469]
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."
In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities. [DA466]
The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.

I'm not saying Christianity is evil, i'm just saying there is always those people who take their belief to serious and start doing crazy things such as:

-Starting wars because of a city (Jerusalem).

-Demanding that Allah or any other kind of God will kill you for making something that the "God" didn't wanted.

People such as the KKK, Westboro Baptist Church and others

You say that Islam is not evil because it has been "Hijacked". I showed you verses from the hadith where Muhammad himself
--Stones people
--Insults Jews
--commands war on all the world

I showed you verses where Allah himself threatens people with hellfire for all sorts of mediocre reasons

I showed you a video of what a muslim neighbourhood is like

Now, as I said before Islam is

1. The Quran, as I have shown in my previous comments, has Dangerous, intolerant, and Midieval verses.
"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends."
"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home."

2. The Hadith, as I have shown in my previous comments, has Dangerous, intolerant, and midieval verses.

"...The Prophet then gave the order that both of them should be stoned to death..." 4:56:829 Sahih Bukhari

3.The muslim community, as seen in this picture
shows signs of dangerous, intolerant, and mideival behaviour.

as does the linked video

I'm not saying that all muslims are bad, as you seem to think. I am only saying that scripture of islam promotes evil, and the actions of radical muslims confirms it. As seen in the quran, if a muslims becomes friends with a jew or christian, this muslim man is going to hell. (sura 5:51) so muslims cannot coexist with christians or jews, or even nonbelievers as seen in the verses in round 2.

Now it seems to me that you think I am christian. I am not. i am a non believer in both christianity and islam.
I review christianity the same way. Christianity is.....

1.The New testament
2.The Old testament
3.The actions of christians

Thus I find christianity to be evil also, because of the the evil verses found in the new testament and old testament, and the actions of christians in the dark ages and today, but I won't give any evidence because this debate isn't about christianity. If you want, we could start another debate on that. Thank you.

Vladimir_Lenin forfeited this round.

(the video linked is a biased christian video, but it gets the point across)

I'd like to ask my oponent to not forfeit the last round, and instead just summarize his/her views on islam.

I was recently told, in the comment section of this debate that the actions of radical muslims do not show that islam is bad,and that the real islam is HOLY, and BEAUTIFUL, however I have an analogy that I think goes well with this situation.

Let's say there is a farmer who has a reputation for being a kind hearted man, but he grows crops which are rotten and maggot infested, and after eating those crops you get food poisoning, would you not hold it against the man? Would you not sue him, or demand justice? what if your child eats of the crops grown by this farmer, and dies? Does it even matter at this point whether or not he is a good man?

Islam is in a similair scenario.Muslims constantly brag about Islam being perfect, being just, being fair, being tolerant, being the only hope for humanity, and yet, when you look at britain you see muslims beating up any non muslims who pass by, you look at Egypt you see christians persecuted (Sura 5:51), and never mind the fact that Islam allows the amputation of limbs as a socially acceptable punishment for thievery! (Sura 5:33 and 5:38). If a tree gives bad fruit, the tree is no longer beautiful, just as Islam has been given 1400 years to provide us with good results but has come short each time.

"As for the thief, both male and female, cut off their hands. It is the reward of their own deeds, an exemplary punishment from Allah."

Here are a couple more verses to end with, and this time none from the hadith, these are only from the Quran.

24:58 "O ye who believe! Let your slaves, and those of you who have not come to puberty, ask leave of you at three times (before they come into your presence)."

"Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you." 2:216
"I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger." 8:12

2:282 "And call two witness from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women."
40:20 "And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another...."
4:3 "Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four."
4:176 "Unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females."

3:85 "Whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter."
3:32 "Allah loveth not the disbelievers."
4:101 "The disbelievers are an open enemy to you."

64:14-15 "O ye who believe! Lo! among your wives and your children there are enemies for you, therefor beware of them. ... Your children are only a temptation."

24:2 "The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment."
5:33 "The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger ... will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom."
4:15 "As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, (Lustfullness) call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them."

4:89 - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them"

Thanks to my opponent, and thanks for the interest comments in the comments section. Good luck to my opponent in his conclusion.

Vladimir_Lenin forfeited this round.
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
Muhammad is from the 7th century, not the fourth century. A correction of what I said in round 2. sorry for the mistake folks.
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
how come this debate glitched up
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
It is foolish to say my farmer analogy is wrong. Even though you know that the farmer is nice, so to speak, you will not BUY HIS PRODUCTS ANYMORE, and you will think he TRIED TO POISON YOU, so you will NO LONGER think that he is nice.
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
One question. I just told you the story of how many of my ancestors (the baha'is) were tortured to death by muslims, and you're telling me you don't care?
Posted by IslamAhmadiyya 3 years ago
I'll happily debate you.
Posted by IslamAhmadiyya 3 years ago
1) I have read your arguments, all of your information is false and is rooted within natural ignorance.

The rule about Ahadith is that if it contradicts the Qur'an, it is automatically false and invalid, therefore, unauthentic. If you can find any 'so called' Hadith about stoning, it is false, as stoning is nowhere mentioned in the Qur'an, therefore, stoning is not a part of Islam.

2) That analogy of the farmer is wrong. If the crops turn out bad and hurt the people, the farmer is still nice, he didn't mean to grow his crops in a bad way. There are almost 2 billion Muslims in this world, there is no doubt that a number of these Muslims are ignorantly going to disobey the Qur'an. Only 15% of the Muslims in the world are Arabic, so there is a big majority of Muslims that cannot even understand Arabic! And that is what the Qur'an is written in.

You cannot blame Islam (which is based off the Qur'an and TRUE Ahadith) off the people that by their human nature, indulge in even practices. If you don't care what the verses say, then you have just confirmed your ignorance. You are basing Islam off the people and not the religion. Debate with any legitimate Muslim in real life, you'll be destroyed and humiliated.

I could care less about your story. Islam has a personality, you know who that personality is? The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw), and I can give you quote after quote from famous people that have praised him for his peacefulness and tendency to do kindness.

Islam condemns all of these acts that are committed by its so called 'followers'.

America is titled a free nation and country. Just because the KKK exist and want to get rid of black people doesn't mean AMERICA IS NOT A FREE NATION ANYMORE.

Anyone with common sense will realize your fallacious and misleading arguments, should I even call them arguments?

All in all, your side of the debate fails, do us all a favor and don't bring up another failed analogy.

I'll happil
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
The stoning is in the Hadith. I even Gave you THE VERSE IN THE HADITH. READ MY ARGUMENTS.

Also, what I meant is, Islam is 1. Quran 2. Hadith. and the actions of muslims serve to either confirm or debunk allegations made on islam through verses in the Quran or Hadith. So If the the Quran and the Hadith are beautiful books, and muslims are evil, then we have a problem, or perhaps, if the quran and hadith are evil, and muslims are evil then confirms allegations made by using verses from the Quran and hadith. That's what I meant.

If you have a very nice old farmer, and all his crops are turning out bad, regardless of how nice he is his crops will hurt people if eaten. Same with islam. I gave you a list of all the verses I find evil in the Quran, but regardless of how many "holy" verses you find in it, if all the muslims turn out bad and BEAT PEOPLE UP in the streets in London, then I don't give a **** how many beautiful verses there are.

Let me tell you a little story. In 1844, a man named Mirza Hussain Ali Nuri proclaimed that he was the return of Muhammad, and he had a couple hundred followers at the time. These people were all tortured to death. Some had molten lead poured down their throats while their children watched. Some were whipped to death. They are my ancestors, and that is why I despise islam.
Posted by IslamAhmadiyya 3 years ago
The Pro is wrong about basing the actions of religious FOLKS to the religion itself. That does not count. A religion is a religion, REGARDLESS of what the people are doing within it.

Islam is based off the Qur'an, and ONLY the true authentic Ahadith. ANY Ahadith that contradicts with the Qur'an is not a true and authentic Ahadith. And the ACTIONS of the 'Muslim Community' is not even meant to be #3, because Islam is not based off the actions of the people. Pro you are dead wrong.

There is only #1 and #2.

1. Qur'an.
2. Authentic Ahadith

Correct your #2, and erase your #3, as that is not the credential for the Islamic religion.

Reason being is that you simply cannot judge what the religion says based on the actions of a few, or the actions of extremists, or fundamentals.

If a person driving crashes his car, can you blame the car? NO, you blame the person.

When Muslims are doing bad stuff that the Holy Qur'an and the Ahadith never condone, then ISLAM is not at fault, the MUSLIM(s) are!

Such a simple concept, yet people like you will never stop pointing fingers at Islam, or any other religion for that matter.

The Holy Qur'an talks about peace and brotherhood, I have read it multiple times. And God telling mankind that He will punish the disbelievers is nothing new to be learned, this exists in all the religions.

If you do wrong things, bad deeds, God has the right to punish you. Even a Muslim that disobeys his own religion, is punishable by God.

The Qur'an never calls for the death penalty for apostates, doesn't exist at all in Islam, so if a Muslim kills a person for being an apostate, the APOSTATE doesn't get punished, the MUSLIM does.

The Qur'an clearly says: "Let there be NO compulsion (force) in matters of religion, the right course has become clear from the wrong."

CLEAR verse, there is no force in religion. Also, there is no verse regarding death for apostates.

ALSO there is no stoning, at ALL, nowhere mentioned. Find me
Posted by sorar3 3 years ago
Just so everyone is clear, I am an agnostic that is sympathetic to the New age movement.
Vote Placed by Themoderate 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: PRO forfeited and felt that PRO used the more convincing arguments and sources. If CON had replied to the debate I could have voted for him. But PRO did make some good points and sources about this debate. As the London for an example.
Vote Placed by KingHenrikLundqvist 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Sure Con may have forfeited the last two rounds, but his one piece argument was enough to convince me.