acidman
Galadhrim303

Islam is the true religion

acidman

Pro

I will leave first round for acceptance only. I believe that Islam is the true religion.
Galadhrim303

Con

First of all, I want to wish good luck to my opponent.
Secondly, I would be very interested to see in the next round what he means by Islam being the "true religion" as I am unsure on what is his stand on the topic.
acidman

Pro

Here's a list of arguments that islam is the one, true religion for humanity to follow:

1: Scientific arguments: The Qur'an contains very accurate scientific facts that were unknown at the time and only disocvered later, such as the layers of the Earth, life in a mother's womb, life being made from water, black holes, etc.
2: Muhammad was not immoral, and this is the main argument against Islam. First off, A'isha was probably not 9 at the time of her marriage to Muhammad, she was probably 19. And even if she was 9, her father asked him if he wanted to marry her, not the other way around, and even then Muhammad had to ask her permission for the marriage to proceed. Child marriage was not an uncommon practice at the time, and every other wife Muhammad had was either a widow or a divorcee.
Second, Muhammad had multiple marriages not for personal enjoyment but to build close ties with other tribes.
Third, the incident in which Muhammad viewed his cousin and daughter-in law Zaynab bint Jahsh with much of her exposed and fell in love with her, is false. Fourth, iMuhammad was not a mass murderer, when he conquered Mecca he killed no one, (except perhaps in their battles, but that was because the Meccans were attacking Medina anyway). And God specifically commanded Mohammed not to kill any trees, animals, women, children, male civilians, or damage property whoever cut down a single tree was punished.
3: Shariah law is not Islamic. Shariah law was made up through itjihad (figuring out things not specifically mentioned in the Qur'an through other examples) years after Muhammad's death, and it is my strong opinion as a Muslim that if he saw it being implemented the way it is now, he would say something along the lines of "what in the world is this garbage" and if eh saw the old shariah, which was A LITTLE more accurate, he would have said "That's not what God meant in the Qur'an you fools!"
4: Islam does not require women to wear a niqab or even abaya, only a hijab (along with other clothes) hwoever this is empowering as men will like them not for their beauty, but for their intellect and/or character.
5: Islamic laws make sense: islam does not just say "do not do this" it also says "do not even go near it" yet stil manages to be humane. For example, it says do not committ fornication, but it also says not to go near it, such as by being alone with a woman, which for many people can lad to rape as when people are young the have poor judgement in trusting people.
Galadhrim303

Con

Galadhrim303 forfeited this round.
acidman

Pro

acidman forfeited this round.
Galadhrim303

Con

Galadhrim303 forfeited this round.
acidman

Pro

Furthermore, the Qur'an mentions that the sun is a "fixed lamp" meaning it is the center of the solar system and does not move, and is held by gravity. You claim that the punishment for BEING raped is lashes, actually the punishment for the crime of RAPING someone is death. Much more harsh and a much better deterrant than a 7 or 5 year prison sentence and then the assailant getting out and beating up, killing, or re raping the victim out of anger.
Galadhrim303

Con

Galadhrim303 forfeited this round.
Posted by acidman 2 years ago
acidman
Oh sorry I thought you were con....
Posted by acidman 2 years ago
acidman
get2thechoppa2, are you saying you forfeit the whole debate? if you're saying you've converted to Islam I can teach you through messaging, or what?
Posted by get2thechoppa 2 years ago
get2thechoppa
I'm pro for this. All the other Religions are sorta stupid. Christians are fascists, Jews are racist and tried to re-write history, Hinduism is just CRAZY! Did you know that in Hinduism rape is 100% fine? Same thing with some forms of Christianity!

....Looking back at my comment it seems kinda of offensive. Please know I did not intend to offend ANYONE. Just my backwards opinion.