Islam is the world's worst religion
Debate Rounds (3)
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.
Here is my argument:
1. The world's worst religion is the religion that causes the most oppression and presents the most obstacles to scientific, financial and technological progress.
2. A religion is the combination of its scriptures, the cultures and individuals who adhere to it, and its rituals.
3. Islam is not the world's worst religion based on scriptures alone, but with all the factors in 2 considered altogether.
4. Islam is statistically and logically, arguably the world's worst religion.
2) the title of the debate is Islam IS the worst religion in the world, not WAS or WILL BE... but it IS... some obviously I am talking about the current times.
3) I already acknowledged that in the past there may have been worse religions and even currently the world's governments wreak more havoc in the world than Islam
4) Currently, it is undeniable that Muslim countries are the most war-torn and terrorist-filled, and Muslims know this better than any other counrty
5) Also, wreaking havoc is NOT my only criterion for worst religion. Neither is women's rights issues. You are completely overlooking and ignoring the fact that I mentioned poverty, education, corruption and technology. There is no denying that Muslim countries lag behind in all these areas and it is at least in part due to the fact the Muslims use Islamic scriptures to stifle education for children and they make Muslims waste time and money with pointless religious customs and rituals instead of advancing their technological progress.
2. Well, not so obviously. See, let's say Neil Armstrong was still alive. You would say Neil Armstrong IS this world's first man on the moon. You wouldn't say "WAS" even though it happened in the past. Well, now you would say "was" because he's dead, but my point is, that religions don't die, so you just say "is". Therefore, we include religions of the past as well. (Although, since religions don't technically die, they just wouldn't be of the past, even if their destructive powers peaked in the past.)
3. Yes you have, which is basically conceding, since there are no religions of the past, there are just religions whose destructive power has peaked in the past. But if you want to play that game, Islam extremistswould be a religion of the past, because I think it peaked during 9/11. They may come back, but so far, they aren't in their destructive prime.
4. That IS undeniable, but since of course that's only currently. If we are talking ever, I think Positive Christianity still wins.
5. WHEN did you mention poverty, education, corruption and technology, and WHERE are your sources? If you want poverty, if you remember right before and during Nazi Germany, they were suffering a very large depression, and when I mean very large, I mean immense. Their education was mostly propoganda, they were obviously very corrupt, and as for technology, they weren't so bad.
But if you DO want to talk about currently, the worlds poorest country is Congo-Kinshasa, which is actually mostly Roman Catholic. Their education, technology, and corruption are all terrible, Muslim countries.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.