reubencpiplupyay
vi_spex

Islam should be banned

Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

reubencpiplupyay

Con

The first round is purely for acceptance, not for arguments.

I have seen my opponent's debates on whether Islam should be banned. I don't think Islam should be banned, but I am curious as to my opponent's reasons for his views. I await my opponent's response, and wish him good luck.
vi_spex

Pro

because islam is so evil.. supporting it is terrorism
reubencpiplupyay

Con

My opponent has stated that Islam is evil, but hasn't given a reason why. As an atheist, I have friends who are Muslim, and they are the polar opposites of terrorists. Only some brands of Islam, such as Wahhabism, are hateful. In fact, some brands of Islam, such as Sufism, emphasise peace and spirituality above all else.

I believe that banning an entire religion is a base infringement on human rights. Freedom of religion is a key part in a democracy. My opponent, in calling for a total ban on Islam, is wanting to control and suppress thoughts. I believe that this makes him only somewhat better than Islamic State, who brutally kill in their attempt to control religious views, or the Soviets, who banned religion entirely.
Furthermore, banning a religion doesn't end it. If I, for some terrible reason, wanted to end Islam, a ban wouldn't be the way to go. Look at the example of the USSR and its satellite states, who banned religion. Yet in all former Eastern Bloc states except the Czech Republic and Estonia, the majority of the population is religious.

I await my opponent's response.

https://en.wikipedia.org...
vi_spex

Pro

facts speak for themselves, koran dosnt change
reubencpiplupyay

Con

True, the Koran says many horrible things. But so does the Bible. Few Muslims follow the Koran word-for-word, just like few Christians follow the Bible word-for-word.

I'd like to thank my opponent for the debate, and I hope that I've changed his mind.
vi_spex

Pro

allah is the spirit of terror, death fear.. the only way islam stands, limb, is by terror

facts dont change
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
vi_spex
supporting islam is terrorism
Posted by vi_spex 3 weeks ago
vi_spex
all muslims are terrorists
Posted by whiteflame 3 weeks ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: jo154676// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Pro had no argument but was on the right side

[*Reason for removal*] This is not an RFD. The voter doesn't get to decide the winner based solely on the side on which they reside, and acknowledging that the debater they voted for had no argument makes clear that their decision is based solely on their own biases, which is not sufficient reason to award any points.
************************************************************************
Posted by Overnight 3 weeks ago
Overnight
@jo154676, Islam is not a political ideology. Islam is a religion. You are getting confused by the corrupt leaders of the middle east who claim that their ruling is well within the legalities of the religion.
In answer to your question. Indonesia is a Muslim majority country where democracy is proudly represented.
Posted by jo154676 1 month ago
jo154676
First of all I wish I had seen this debate before the other pro person did so I could make a better argument because based on their opening they are not going to present a good argument. You say that freedom is important but what about the fact that over 600 million estimated muslims are radicals and either believe in sharia law, honor killings, or that gay people deserve to be thrown off buildings. Also you mention islam and democracy, so please name one muslim majority country that has freedom. Islam is a set of political ideologies not just a religion therefore you cannot have democracy and islam going hand in hand. I do not want any immigrants entering the country from the middle east until we update our screening process and the moderate muslims that live in america are not full fledged hardcore followers of the Qur'an because if they were you would not consider them moderate.