Lilieze
wmickas

"Islamophobia"

wmickas has forfeited round #2.

Lilieze

Pro

First off, I want to start with this premise:

Islamophobia, or in other words; the irrational fear of islam/muslims, isn't a thing in my book. My point is that the fear of islam is very rational.

There is also the other definition of "Islamophobia" (which completely disregards the word "phobia" for obscure reasons) found on the oxford dictionaries and on the Wikipedia page dedicated to the subject. The second definition is as follows:

'Dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims, especially as a political force.', or

'Islamophobia is defined as "Intense dislike or fear of Islam, esp. as a political force; hostility or prejudice towards Muslims.'

If we were to regard the second definition however, I want to argue that the fear of muslims is entirely justifiable. No, not only it is justifiable, but it is also expected from a psychological AND historical point of view.

Sources for the definitions: https://en.wikipedia.org...
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com...
wmickas

Con

After reading this I agree with this person's statements. For several reasons from the Islamic scriptures and other sources. Sorry I joined this debate because I thought it was against "Islamophobia"
Lilieze

Pro

You may forfeit then. Have a nice day.