SarahKingsley
A341

Israel is the One to Blame for the Gaza-Israel Conflict (2)

A341

SarahKingsley

Con

There will be 5 rounds, with a max of 5,000 characters. You will get 24 hours to rebut my argument, and the voting period is 10 days.

You will be 'Pro Palestinian' and I will be 'Pro Israel'

Rounds:
(1) Acceptance
(2) Opening Statement
(3) Rebuttals
(4) Rebuttals
(5) Conclusion

Thanks for your time and good luck Pro.
A341

Pro

I accept the debate. Also I assume I simply have to take the pro Palestinian as you say instead of stating that Israel and only Israel is responsible.
SarahKingsley

Con

SarahKingsley forfeited this round.
A341

Pro

I will wait.
SarahKingsley

Con

SarahKingsley forfeited this round.
A341

Pro

Do you want to restart this debate?
SarahKingsley

Con

SarahKingsley forfeited this round.
A341

Pro

I'm waiting.
SarahKingsley

Con

SarahKingsley forfeited this round.
A341

Pro

Can you get back to me.
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
MykSkodar
Are you serious? A341 got a point for showing up. That hardly constitutes him winning the actual argument. If you look at the vote section, the person who made the vote supports con's position before and after the debate, but gave pro a point for better conduct. Furthermore, A341 explicitely said that he would not defend the indefensible position set up by con and would instead merely take the typical 'pro-Palestinian' stance, I quote:
"Also I assume I simply have to take the pro Palestinian as you say instead of stating that Israel and only Israel is responsible."

This debate is still skewed in the way it was set up.
Posted by crushboy79 2 years ago
crushboy79
so..uh, what was that about the con winning, mkyskodar?
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
MykSkodar
It's difficult to be critical of a source if you don't have anything to compare it to is all I am saying. However, on the matter of reliability, an Israeli historian (someone with no vested interest in being Pro-Palestinian) who is an Oxford university professor and a fellow of the British academy is de facto a more reliable source than a writer of opinion pieces could ever be.
Posted by crushboy79 2 years ago
crushboy79
Just because it is from one source does not discredit that source. it matters how reliable the source is. You could get dozens of books on the subject, yet they could all have false info.
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
MykSkodar
In other words, opinion pieces originating from a single source...I would recommend diversifying your sources. Perhaps consider full works written by historians.
Posted by crushboy79 2 years ago
crushboy79
The Blaze
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
MykSkodar
Books and articles on the subject written by Israeli 'new historians'. Where do you get your information from?
Posted by crushboy79 2 years ago
crushboy79
The idea that Israel is to blame is absolutly ridiculous. And I've got a question for whoever thinks that Israel is to blame. Where did you get YOUR info from?
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
MykSkodar
You've skewed the debate unfairly. You've set up an indefensible position "Israel is the one to blame for the Gaza-Israel Conflict" and chose to defend the con position.

The con position can be anything on the spectrum of "Palestine is the one to blame" to "both share some blame".

Essentially, you're setting your opponent to lose. If he succesfully shows that Israel has a lot of responsibility in the current Gaza crisis, you can alwas fall back on the position that both are to blame. Essentially, all you need to do to win the debate is point to Hamas rockets.

I would gladly debate the "pro-Palestinian" position in a more even-handed debate.
Posted by numberwang 2 years ago
numberwang
Very tempted to take this and force myself to learn a lot about Isreal/Palestine in not very much time. Not sure I'd do the topic justice, though.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
SarahKingsleyA341Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture