kladara
persianimmortal

Israel should annex the Palestinian regions

persianimmortal

kladara

Pro

Israel should completely annex all Palestinian occupied territories under it's rightful flag, the local Arabs are a threat to the Israeli democracy.
persianimmortal

Con

I will be happy to accept this debate. I will be arguing that the Palestinian lands should stay the way they currently are and a few sub-points which will eventually lead to Israel being given back to the Palestinians. Given that there are no rules provided by the instigator I will automatically assume that the BOP rests on the both of us. I wish you the best of luck my friend :)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1) "Israel should completely annex all Palestinian occupied territories"
In order to counter this claim, we must briefly go through the documented history between these 2 nations, which begins from the First World War. The Ottoman Empire was among the nations that lost the war to the Allies. Great Britain had come to the conclusion that the Ottoman Empire must be broken up and each land given new puppet rulers in order to prevent rise of a neo-Ottoman movement. So Great Britain divided the fallen Empire into lands and gave each land appropriate borders and rulers. As a result, we now have Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey and finally Palestine, which was a Vilayet (Province) in the now deposed Ottoman Empire. Keep in mind that the Palestinians of the time, were not happy with the British in power which lead to the 1936-1939 revolution in order to gain independence.

During the Second World War, the Jews had gone through tough times and their troubles had gained international attention. As a result the British decided to move the Jews into Palestine so that they may establish communities and may live under the British. The Palestinians were not happy with the decision because they were not properly consulted, given the tension that existed between the two since the revolution. After numerous attempts to create a Jewish homeland, the British decided to hand over the situation to the UN. However before they left the situation, they basically said to the Jewish, "you get your state", and to the Arabs, "you get your independence, which made things quite complicated.

After quick action to draft a declaration, the nation of Israel officially declared its independence from the British Mandate of Palestine, under the government of David Ben-Gurion. The key word in the previous sentence is "independence", which implies that Israel was in fact a separatist movement within the borders of the British controlled land of Palestine. So before the Israelis were even an operating government, they were essentially Jewish Palestinians and not Jewish Israelis and there were in the land of Palestine, which leads into my next point.
2) "Rightful flag"
If we were to return the lands under it's "rightful flag" as you put it, then it would be the Flag of Mandatory Palestine. However the British decided to leave the situation there so technically, the region must fall under the flag of it's origin which was the Flag of the Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire. This "rightful flag" was in existence 32 years before the Israeli government and the Jewish flag. Therefore the rightful flag of the land at question (Israel/Palestine) is the Flag of the Arab Revolt.
3) "the local Arabs are a threat to the Israeli democracy"
This statement presents 2 issues that I will address respectively.

3a) "Local Arabs"
The local Arabs are currently walled off according the alleged "threat" they impose to the growing Jewish population. So the only threat is that of the Jewish Settlers and Military upon the Palestinian people. The reason being, they walled them off so they know where they are and that they're not going anywhere, anytime soon. It's like put a mouse in a box; the box isn't going anywhere, yet the world can see it's entrapment.

3b) "Israeli democracy"
Israel is not by any means a democracy, but instead a Unitary parliamentary republic which basically means an independent state that is governed by a sole ultimate power. In Israeli politics, the Knesset, which is the sole ultimate power, can overrule the decisions of the Cabinet of Israel at any given time, even going as far as kicking the prime minister out if they so wish it. The term "democracy" in fact, does not exist in the Declaration of Israeli Independence, how it does mention the supporting attitude the Israeli government must maintain towards all religions and people. You could argue that this means it's a democracy, but a true democratic state cannot affiliate itself with a religion let alone, impose law based on religious texts, which produces a biased political and religious stance.
In conclusion, history proves that the true occupiers of the land at question, is the Israelis. Terms such as Settler or Aliyah (migrant Jew) are testament to the Israelis essentially "settling" into Palestinian lands and calling it home. This "settling" did not mean to invade the lands bordered by the UN as the separation between Israel and Palestine. Due to the forceful Israeli annexation of Palestinian lands, the establishment of Settlements within Palestine's borders, and the walling of the Palestinian territory, these actions can be considered as invasion oppression of governed lands, leading up to a legitimate declaration of war, should any of the 2 nations decide it.

Let me give you an example. The mayor of your town puts me and my family in your home, and he tells your family that you have no right to question it. As time goes by, I allow my family to spread from the corner they have been assigned to, and I tell them to take any room they want in the house and to kick out the inhabitants of that room out (you). Your family complains to the mayor about this but he tells you, "it's not my problem". When you're finally fed up, you attack the members of my family, and immediately the mayor sends in troops to protect us from your family's attacks and gives us full authority to spread as far as I want in YOUR house. Answer me honestly, is that justice?
kladara

Pro

kladara forfeited this round.
persianimmortal

Con

Pro has not provided any reasoning for their claims and forfeited the round.

Vote Con
kladara

Pro

kladara forfeited this round.
persianimmortal

Con

Again, Pro has not provided any reasoning for their claims and forfeited the round.

Vote Con
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
kladarapersianimmortalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture