Rjupudi18
imjustsomeopinion

Israel vs. Palestine: A Religious Perspective

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 5 days ago Status: Debating Period

Rjupudi18

Pro

Who has the right to the Holy Land: Israel or Palestine? This is a religious debate not a political one. So please don't say Palestinians were here first or anything like that. I will be siding with Israel and my opponent will be siding with Palestine.
imjustsomeopinion

Con

I would say neither side has a right to the land, you've outlawed saying that the Palestinians deserve the land because they were there first in your opening argument yet it is completely reasonable to say that if the Palestinians were already there then they would be able to claim the land as theirs and the same goes for any occupants before them. There is always the possibility of taking land through war, but that should only be done with good reason. Both sides believe it is their right to hold the land because of their religious pasts and beliefs but neither side has a right to push their religious beliefs as an honest argument until those religions have been proved correct.
Rjupudi18

Pro

Israel has been a independent state since 1948 and has become one of the most powerful and advanced countries in the world. The efforts of radical Islamic Palestinians are futile against Israel's well-trained armed forces. Aside from religion, I support Israel because it is the only country in that region that gives rights to women, minorities. etc. It is the only country where I as a Christian wouldn't be persecuted or killed by Muslims. In the heart of a dark, barbaric Islamic empire lies Israel, a beacon of hope and freedom.

From a religious perspective, Israel's right to the Land is supported by the Bible. The Bible prophesied the 1948 Jewish return to the Land of Israel in many instances (Genesis 15:17-18; 17:7-8, Ezekiel 36:16-19; 34:13; 36:20-24). The Word of God had miraculously prophesied the creation of the State of Israel and the return of the Jews to their homeland. Israel also has more of a basis in the Qur'an than Palestine. Israel was mentioned over 40 times in the entire Qur'an and guess how many times Palestine was mentioned: zero. Palestine is a fairly recent concept coined by Arab Muslims to attack Israel and its legitimacy. That is why I will always stand with Israel and the Jewish people.
imjustsomeopinion

Con

Israel's advances and well trained army have nothing to do with who should own the land, they are simply assets that Israel has. As i said before, war is way of taking land. However, war in this case is unacceptable considering the amount of destruction a war can bring and the reasons for fighting. you saying that the Palestinians efforts to hold Israel away from the holy land are futile because of Israel's power just sounds like a threat of war or destruction of the Palestinians which would be uncalled for and would not be justified. As for your claims of Muslims being dark and barbaric, do i really need to point the countless murders that have taken place because of Christianity? the inquisition? both Christianity and the Muslim faith have barbaric views and pasts. neither of these religions can claim innocence let alone a right to the holy lands. while it is true that there are restrictions put in place which are not reasonable, these restrictions can be fixed in a more civil way than simply kicking them out of their land over petty beliefs. your beacon of hope looks just as tarnished as the Palestinians when it's dark side is shown.

what the bible says and what should happen are two different things, the bible is simply a book that was written in a time where superstition ruled as the answer to many question. the prophecies in the bible are so vague that they can be distorted to fit whatever happens in history. Even if it was an extremely detailed prophecy that came true, who cares? it still is not a reason to kick people out of their land over religion. you say that god has miraculously prophesied this happening, but before you can use "what god said"(or did) as a reason you have to have proved that there is indeed a god. arguments from religious points that come from the bible a moot and can be considered a valid reason for claiming the holy land
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 day ago
Rjupudi18
You don't even believe in God or religion so why are you in this debate? I wanted to debate a Muslim to see who has the religious right, Israel or Palestine. You get off-topic and talk about politics and nonsense which is not the point of this debate.
Posted by imjustsomeopinion 1 day ago
imjustsomeopinion
I read the title and made my points, you just refused to reply. If you thought i hadn't read the title and i wasn't making valid points then you would have had no problem winning this debate let alone finishing it. I read the title and stayed on topic. Just because you think your losing a debate doesn't mean your opponent went off topic, who knows you might have won if you'd just finished making your points.
Posted by Rjupudi18 1 day ago
Rjupudi18
Sure Overnight, I would be happy to debate on a religious argument. I don't think my opponent read the title of this debate. Just send me a challenge.
Posted by Overnight 1 day ago
Overnight
@Rjupudi I would be happy to do this debate with you if you wanted. Either political/religious.
Posted by imjustsomeopinion 2 days ago
imjustsomeopinion
every religion teaches intolerance for others. Your opinion isn't always correct, you're not Muslim so you have no idea what they go through. persecution isn't just being crucified or beheaded. I'm sure that you know about the thousands of stereotypes reinforced by people who fear Muslims because of the few extremists. they suffer hate crimes everywhere and have a lot of people generally fear them without giving them a chance. Have you read the qua'ran? Do you know everything they believe? If not, don't go around telling people what they do and don't believe. It's true they are intolerant of other religions but it only comes to violence with extremists. Christianity and Judaism also tell that it is wrong to worship other gods. Again, no religion is perfect and no religion can claim it is more innocent than others.
Posted by Rjupudi18 3 days ago
Rjupudi18
@imjustsomeopinion My problem is not with the peaceful majority of Muslims. My problem is with Islam which provokes the radical minority with its teachings of hate and violence. The whole point I was trying to make is some Muslims fell they're somehow "persecuted" if other religions exist alongside Islam. They don't know the meaning of persecution. Christians in Iraq and elsewhere are beheaded and crucified for not being Muslim. That's true persecution. While UAE is better in many regards, it's still an Islamic country and therefore doesn't give full rights. At the end of the day, the problem is not the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world but Islam, a backwards religion that teaches intolerance of other faiths,
Posted by imjustsomeopinion 3 days ago
imjustsomeopinion
@Rjupudi18 your view is blocked by bias. Not every Palestinian wants the Israelis dead just like not all the Israelis are content with letting the Palestinians live. There is violence and extremists on both sides and there is violence against Jews and Muslims in many countries. While it was an exaggeration that the U.A.E is the only place where @overnight could go without being killed, it is not an exaggeration to say that in other countries Muslims are widely persecuted because of the reputation they get from the few extremists that act "for all Muslims". You yourself enforced a stereotype by assuming he pushed Islam on other people, when he stated nothing that could even be considered trying to convert others. Both parties are guilty of something or another.
Posted by Rjupudi18 3 days ago
Rjupudi18
@Overnight 20% of the Israeli population is Muslim. Name one country in the Middle East where 20% of the population is Jewish. If you go talk to Arab Israelis, they're very much satisfied with Israel. The problem is with Palestinians who want to pummel Israel to the ground and kill all Israeli Jews. Peace cannot be achieved with one side wanting to murder the other.

Israel is as Jewish as France is French or Spain is Spanish. "Uh, the U.A.E is the only country where I as a Muslim wouldn't be persecuted or killed by Jews/Christians/Anything". You mean you would be killed by Jews and Christians in Iraq or Syria? If your definition of persecution is other people believing in their own beliefs and you not forcing Islam on them, I guess every non-Muslim country would be a "persecuting" nation. It doesn't matter if you're a Jew, Muslim, Christian, Hindu or Buddhist, you can go live in Israel if you don't decide to blow something up. if you love Israel, Israel will love you. If you hate Israel, you shouldn't live there. Simple.
Posted by Overnight 3 days ago
Overnight
"I support Israel because it is the only country in that region that gives rights to women, minorities. etc. "
-Uh, you mean Jewish women, minorities, etc.

"It is the only country where I as a Christian wouldn't be persecuted or killed by Muslims"
-Uh, the U.A.E is the only country where I as a Muslim wouldn't be persecuted or killed by Jews/Christians/Anything. That argument is futile. Israel Is a Jewish State.

I am not saying that Israel is 100% evil and the middle eastern countries are all high and almighty, (they have their own human rights abuses) but those arguments are unfair.
Posted by eligible 4 days ago
eligible
I understand you wish a debate from a religious perspective rather than a political one, however when speaking about especially land you have to see it from both sides.
The conflict between Jews and Arabs from Palestine is not something new, and has been there for centuries. Even though Jewish claim on Israel comes from the biblical promise that God made to Abraham and his descendents and on the historical fact that the Jewish kingdom of Israel was located. Palestinians have been around from a long time, and they have their roots there. And the land they took Jews took from Arabs rightfully belongs to them. Moreover, using religion as a reason for why a specific group of people deserve land and others don"t without including rights and politics won"t work.

I didn" t make myself clear enough, I belive Palestine deserves to keep their land from both a religious point of view and political. Because the Bible and Quran makes it clear to not harm another human being for valuable material or land in this case, and based on recent facts about the conflicts it looks like Israel have used some violent methods.