Rjupudi18
imjustsomeopinion

Israel vs. Palestine: A Religious Perspective

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #3.

Rjupudi18

Pro

Who has the right to the Holy Land: Israel or Palestine? This is a religious debate not a political one. So please don't say Palestinians were here first or anything like that. I will be siding with Israel and my opponent will be siding with Palestine.
imjustsomeopinion

Con

I would say neither side has a right to the land, you've outlawed saying that the Palestinians deserve the land because they were there first in your opening argument yet it is completely reasonable to say that if the Palestinians were already there then they would be able to claim the land as theirs and the same goes for any occupants before them. There is always the possibility of taking land through war, but that should only be done with good reason. Both sides believe it is their right to hold the land because of their religious pasts and beliefs but neither side has a right to push their religious beliefs as an honest argument until those religions have been proved correct.
Rjupudi18

Pro

Israel has been a independent state since 1948 and has become one of the most powerful and advanced countries in the world. The efforts of radical Islamic Palestinians are futile against Israel's well-trained armed forces. Aside from religion, I support Israel because it is the only country in that region that gives rights to women, minorities. etc. It is the only country where I as a Christian wouldn't be persecuted or killed by Muslims. In the heart of a dark, barbaric Islamic empire lies Israel, a beacon of hope and freedom.

From a religious perspective, Israel's right to the Land is supported by the Bible. The Bible prophesied the 1948 Jewish return to the Land of Israel in many instances (Genesis 15:17-18; 17:7-8, Ezekiel 36:16-19; 34:13; 36:20-24). The Word of God had miraculously prophesied the creation of the State of Israel and the return of the Jews to their homeland. Israel also has more of a basis in the Qur'an than Palestine. Israel was mentioned over 40 times in the entire Qur'an and guess how many times Palestine was mentioned: zero. Palestine is a fairly recent concept coined by Arab Muslims to attack Israel and its legitimacy. That is why I will always stand with Israel and the Jewish people.
imjustsomeopinion

Con

Israel's advances and well trained army have nothing to do with who should own the land, they are simply assets that Israel has. As i said before, war is way of taking land. However, war in this case is unacceptable considering the amount of destruction a war can bring and the reasons for fighting. you saying that the Palestinians efforts to hold Israel away from the holy land are futile because of Israel's power just sounds like a threat of war or destruction of the Palestinians which would be uncalled for and would not be justified. As for your claims of Muslims being dark and barbaric, do i really need to point the countless murders that have taken place because of Christianity? the inquisition? both Christianity and the Muslim faith have barbaric views and pasts. neither of these religions can claim innocence let alone a right to the holy lands. while it is true that there are restrictions put in place which are not reasonable, these restrictions can be fixed in a more civil way than simply kicking them out of their land over petty beliefs. your beacon of hope looks just as tarnished as the Palestinians when it's dark side is shown.

what the bible says and what should happen are two different things, the bible is simply a book that was written in a time where superstition ruled as the answer to many question. the prophecies in the bible are so vague that they can be distorted to fit whatever happens in history. Even if it was an extremely detailed prophecy that came true, who cares? it still is not a reason to kick people out of their land over religion. you say that god has miraculously prophesied this happening, but before you can use "what god said"(or did) as a reason you have to have proved that there is indeed a god. arguments from religious points that come from the bible a moot and can be considered a valid reason for claiming the holy land
Posted by Rjupudi18 7 months ago
Rjupudi18
Yeah I also mentioned it was a religious debate not a political one in my first argument in round one. Besides, I would probably still win in a political debate but I'm not interested in politics.
Posted by imjustsomeopinion 7 months ago
imjustsomeopinion
ah, i see you don't want points that could completely throw your arguments in the trash. Just kidding, i get it now, try to be a little more specific in the title or your opening debate. I thought it would be just a discussion of who deserves the land period, not who deserves it because of religion. I mistook the religious perspective part as it meaning this was a religious topic. Maybe you can challenge overnight to this debate, good luck if you do.
Posted by Rjupudi18 7 months ago
Rjupudi18
This is a religious debate. Do you folks even know how to read the title? Politics is definitely off topic becuase this debate is precisely about religion. Israel vs. Palestine: A RELIGIOUS Perspective. I believe both the Bible and Qur'an support Israel's legitimacy not Palestine. That's why I wanted to debate a Muslim who supported Palestine on this and see their religious viewpoint.
Posted by Overnight 7 months ago
Overnight
I agree with @Imjustsomeopinion. No matter what his religious background is, that doesn't affect his ability to make analytical interpretations of whatever is presented throughout the debate.
imjustsomeopinion
@ Rjupudi18 so you mean to tell me that you think politics have no right to decide who has rights to the land? really? Politics are literally the actions of your government concerning other countries. You can't be serious when you say that politics are off topic in deciding who deserves land. Why just debate Muslims? Atheist or Muslim I still make valid points whether you like it or not. If you wanted a Muslim you should be more specific when making your debate. ( If this offends you then sorry, that isn't my intention, just making my points).
Posted by Overnight 7 months ago
Overnight
What? I never forced Islam on anyone, nor do I plan on ever doing so. Please give me an example of me forcing Islam on anyone, if you can find one.
Posted by Rjupudi18 7 months ago
Rjupudi18
You don't even believe in God or religion so why are you in this debate? I wanted to debate a Muslim to see who has the religious right, Israel or Palestine. You get off-topic and talk about politics and nonsense which is not the point of this debate.
imjustsomeopinion
I read the title and made my points, you just refused to reply. If you thought i hadn't read the title and i wasn't making valid points then you would have had no problem winning this debate let alone finishing it. I read the title and stayed on topic. Just because you think your losing a debate doesn't mean your opponent went off topic, who knows you might have won if you'd just finished making your points.
Posted by Rjupudi18 7 months ago
Rjupudi18
Sure Overnight, I would be happy to debate on a religious argument. I don't think my opponent read the title of this debate. Just send me a challenge.
Posted by Overnight 7 months ago
Overnight
@Rjupudi I would be happy to do this debate with you if you wanted. Either political/religious.