MasturDbtor
DakotaKrafick

It Is Morally Acceptable To Get Pregnant Just So You Can Have An Abortion For Fun!

DakotaKrafick

MasturDbtor

Pro

Con must argue from a pro-choice perspective but against the proposition.

I hold that if a fetus is not a human life with any rights then it follows that it is morally acceptable to get pregnant just to have an abortion for fun.

You aren't killing any living being, just having some tissue removed from you, having some "weight" taken off. This could help someone to lose weight from the nutrients that go to the fetus.
DakotaKrafick

Con

I thank my opponent and the viewers for making this debate possible. I look forward to an interesting and fruitful debate with MasturDbtor.

I will reserve my slot in the first round solely for acceptance and clarification.

I request that my opponent to clearly and concisely state the premise in which he will be defending the validity of during the opening of the next round, in order to dispel any possible ambiguity in the future. For the moment, however, (and for the remainder of this debate if he does not articulate the premise), I shall assume this is an accurate representation of my opponent's stance: "It is not immoral for a woman to purposely become pregnant only so that she can later get an abortion for fun." And I shall argue that this premise is not true, or at least that it should not rationally be believed to be true.

Fun will be defined as such: "Enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure derived from a particular action (in this case, having an abortion)".

I also elucidate the definition of the "fetus" in this hypothetical scenario as my opponent did in the instigation. For the purposes of this debate, a fetus will be defined as having these properties (and I urge my opponent to either agree or disagree with each one):

1. It is non-living (at least in any stage that our hypothetical woman will be having an abortion).
2. As requisites from the first property, it has no rights, no conscious, no sentience, and it can feel no physical or mental pain.
3. It will eventually become a living human (but only months after the hypothetical abortion; perhaps not even until it exists the womb).

I wish my opponent good luck.
MasturDbtor

Pro

Since the fetus is not a person, but merely tissue no moral complaint can be made against people who choose to have abortions for any reason whatsoever.

If a woman happened to get a thrill out of an abortion then she can get one for fun and is not doing anything immoral! To say otherwise is to confuse the fetus with a person.

DakotaKrafick

Con

I thank my opponent for his response.

"Since the fetus is not a person, but merely tissue no moral complaint can be made against people who choose to have abortions for any reason whatsoever. [...] To say otherwise is to confuse the fetus with a person."

FUTURE LIFE

No one is confusing the fetus with a person in this debate; however, the fetus is a potential human being. Had the woman never had an abortion, the fetus could very likely have gone on to become life. And while I must clarify I am indeed pro-choice in situations such as rape, incest, and failed contraceptions, I must say that it is immoral to unnecessarily terminate what could have been (and very likely would have been) a human life for nothing more than mere petty amusement.

THE FATHER

My opponent also makes the crucial mistake of assuming the fetus is the only factor relevant to the scenario. However, there is another: the potential father of the fetus this woman so gleefully wishes to eradicate. While the woman may be uninterested in having a child, the man who contributed his half of the DNA, may wish to keep it. The only way for a man to ever succeed in bringing a child into this world is by allowing his genes proper time to develop into life in the woman's womb. And I find it quite immoral for a woman to borrow a man's DNA (a man who very well could want deeply nothing more than to have his lineage continue) temporarily only to snuff it out, all the while deriving pleasure from this act.
MasturDbtor

Pro

MasturDbtor forfeited this round.
DakotaKrafick

Con

Unfortunately for my opponent, he has forfeited the most crucial round of the debate and was unable to offer any kind of rebuttal to either of my arguments. Therefore, my arguments remain completely unchallenged and as such, I urge the viewers to vote Con.
Posted by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
This is a new one.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
wtf
Posted by socialpinko 5 years ago
socialpinko
I think I have a good case for the Con.
Vote Placed by Maikuru 5 years ago
Maikuru
MasturDbtorDakotaKrafickTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments go answered, while Pro presented only the wisps of a case and forfeited.
Vote Placed by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
MasturDbtorDakotaKrafickTied