"It Is Probable That There Is Life After Death".
Debate Rounds (2)
1. our mind seems to be an intangible part of us and yet it exist.
2. many people have reported out of body experiences when near death or clinically dead.
3.The bible says there is life after death
4.If death is all there is, than life would have no meaning
Hard with only 500 characters.
The resolution says "probable", not "possible".
1. There's a far stretch between intangible and immortal. Also "seems" is not an argument.
2. The mind (and people) often deceives. People have made many mistaken fanciful claims. When their brains are in a near dead state, that makes them all the more fallible.
3. The Bible's credibility has yet to be established.
4. The world does not owe your life meaning. Life without meaning bares no contradiction.
2.people who have near death experiences almost always have the same experiences (examples: going through a tunnel with a white light at the end, feelings of happiness, seeing their lifeless bodies when their soul rises out of it.)
3. The fact that most of us wonder what our purpose in life is shows that their has to be some meaning to life and death is temporary.
1. See "2" round 1. Already answered. People deceive and can be deceived.
2. Sleep paralysis visions share the same commonality but science has revealed they have nothing to do with demons. Also, this is not as true as pro says but we have such little space neither of us can elaborate.
OBE's can be replicated in a lab.
3. People wondering what their purpose is only proves they believe they have a purpose not that there actually is one.
Death being final does not mean life is meaningless.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by DudeStop 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: Con smoked pro.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.